Rémi Garde: Ex-Aston Villa manager

Page 6 of 21 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Rémi Garde: Ex-Aston Villa manager

Post by Sandie on Sat Nov 28, 2015 1:58 pm

Pat Murphy was saying earlier that we did pursue Moyes and Paddy Reilly went out to Spain to interview him. Part of the reason that we didn't go for him was that Reilly felt Moyes was too dictatorial about what needed to be done.

Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Location : Looking forward to a local derby against Burton Albion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Harte on Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:17 am

Oh dear, Remi. What have you let yourself in for?

I'm not sure there's a manager on the planet capable of saving this lot.

Chris Harte
Private
Private

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:00 pm

Chris Harte wrote:Oh dear, Remi. What have you let yourself in for?

I'm not sure there's a manager on the planet capable of saving this lot.
If Murphy is telling the truth then Garde has three monkeys on his back! It appears that they still insist on running the footballing side, and want a head coach to dance to their tune.

Garde is improving the front six, but our clownish defence is throwing match after match. Clark , Richardson and Hutton should be ashamed of their ill discipline yesterday. Also Richards and Clark are two individuals, not a centre back pairing, and it shows.

The fact that we had 66% possession and yet Guzan was our man of the match says everything about Villa at the moment.

Our defence is killing us!
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie on Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:12 pm

Do we think that we'd be in the same position now if we had appointed Remi at either the end of last season or even when we appointed Sherwood?
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:00 pm

Sandie wrote:Do we think that we'd be in the same position now if we had appointed Remi at either the end of last season or even when we appointed Sherwood?
No I don't. Remi Garde would now have his full coaching team. Baticle and Genesio are very important to him because he hasn't managed without them. At the moment he has one other football coach and the pair of them are having to coach in much larger groups than the small half a dozen man groups that Garde prefers.

Football management isn't about 'magic formulas' it's about proper structure and organisation as well as good ideas. At the moment in true Villa style we're trying to do the job with inadequate resources.

To be fair to Villa Remi Garde was not quite ready to return to management at the time we appointed Sherwood, but he would definitely have been a good early summer appointment and he may well have been able to bring his full coaching team with him at that time.
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:06 pm

I would imagine that Remi Garde will be given the players the French equivalent of a right royal boll*cking tomorrow. Throwing games away is unacceptable in any language!
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie on Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:28 pm

What's French for 'hairdryer'? Very Happy

Sandie
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Harte on Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:53 pm

Sandie wrote:What's French for 'hairdryer'? Very Happy

Sèche-cheveux, apparently.

I'd love to be able to say that a year of "A" level study followed by twenty plus years of interest in French language told me that, but in all honesty I used Google Translate.

Chris Harte
Private
Private

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie on Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:14 am

Something I don't understand...

Why were we so organized and competent against City, yet seem to have got more disorganized on each game subsequent to that. We were all saying that we'd get even better the longer Remi had to work on it but on the two games since the opposite seems to be true? Was the City game an aberration, were we lucky (for once) or was there something there that we can regain?
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:10 pm

The front six are getting slightly better, but the defence appears to be doing exactly what it's always done. There is no cohesion at all. We've got four individuals doing their own thing. If Remi is happy for Hutton to spend more than 75/80% of his time playing as part of a front three (even though he never assists and scores, although he does "huff and puff" well), then pick him as a right winger and pick someone as RB who wont hang the Centre backs out to dry for long periods of the game. Likewise with Richardson. If he wants to play on the wrong side of his man time after time, replace him with someone who's prepared to play as part of a cohesive line facing the opposition. Clark was a rabbit in headlights on Saturday and he needs a kick up the backside .... although Remi will have to make sure that he doesn't kick him to hard on the seat of the pants because he might cause brain damage! Mad
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan on Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:33 pm

Sandie wrote:Something I don't understand...

Why were we so organized and competent against City, yet seem to have got more disorganized on each game subsequent to that. We were all saying that we'd get even better the longer Remi had to work on it but on the two games since the opposite seems to be true? Was the City game an aberration, were we lucky (for once) or was there something there that we can regain?

A lot was down to luck and then then there were also no individual errors, so no goals. The real panic sets in once we concede. Until that put we look reasonably solid and organised, with shape, it all goes out the window when we let a goal in. I'd have a sports psychologist there pronto. I'd drop Hutton for Crespo/Ilori, Id drop Clark for Okore and I'd drop Richardson and put Clark there (he used to play at LB and think he could do a job there)

He needs to work on their heads and sort out these panic attacks they have during the game. It's killing us. We also need a bit of luck. I think going 1 up may just relax us a little.

Finally somehow (as VB has said) Remi needs to get his old staff in during Jan, John Percy indicated we would try again and it's essential we do. That and some real quality in the side, including a proper Striker to go alongside Ayew, A new CB and LB and I'd still want another CM. I'm not convinced by either Veretout or Gana (where's the guy that started the season?) looks terrible now and Sanchez still doesn't fill me with confidence.

What a mess, a LOT for Remi to do and so little time!!
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie on Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:47 pm

So the path to an unlikely escape would be...

Get inside the players head, agree that we have a psychological problem and without being able to bring in new players for a month we need to lance that boil first.

Shore up the back four. Agree that Crespo should be under consideration at right back, he's probably the best option and that Okore could be brought in centrally. I think Ilori is left sided so is another option at left back. If we can work on the defence and our heads it will give us a better chance of picking up points between now and January.

After taking those steps and hoping for the best we have the window, not sure if players will be queuing up to join or if Lerner will be prepared to throw money at things in our position (but if the current group can get some points we will be more persuasive) but in Jan we can at the least re-integrate the likes of Bennett, Senderos and Cissokho who might further improve the defence.
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie on Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:11 pm

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-boss-remi-garde-10544670

Not much new there, though I did note that...

"I'm the manager. Nobody is asking me this kind of question. I only discuss with the staff, either with Reginald Ray or with Tony Parks.

... Tony Parks is still at the club.
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:50 pm

Sandie wrote:http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-boss-remi-garde-10544670

Not much new there, though I did note that...

"I'm the manager. Nobody is asking me this kind of question. I only discuss with the staff, either with Reginald Ray or with Tony Parks.

... Tony Parks is still at the club.
I'll look for him on Saturday. Do you remember how high profile he was on the touchline under Lambert?
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Mon Dec 07, 2015 5:40 pm

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2015/12/07/remi-garde-admits-southampton-made-aston-villa-suffer/?

This article has annoyed me. "Southampton made us suffer because their attackers had pace and power."

We had Adama Traore and Gabby on the bench, and they may have made Southampton "suffer" if they'd been used as subs instead of Westwood and Richardson!

Southampton chose to attack, Villa chose to defend .... wake up Remi!
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 21 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum