Rémi Garde: Ex-Aston Villa manager

Page 5 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13 ... 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Rémi Garde: Ex-Aston Villa manager

Post by villabromsgrove on Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:42 pm

I think Remi knows that he picked the wrong team. He's still learning about the players, but unfortunately he doesn't have time to make many more selection or tactical mistakes.
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie on Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:04 pm

Indeed. I hope he doesn't struggle to establish his best team as badly as his predecessor did.
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Location : Looking forward to a local derby against Burton Albion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:44 pm

Sandie wrote:Indeed. I hope he doesn't struggle to establish his best team as badly as his predecessor did.
He has no time at all. He needs to get it right, and he needs a lot of luck!
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie on Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:08 pm

He said himself that he's not a magic man or a miracle worker but in our position, a position that no other PL clubs have survived from at this point in the season, it's starting to look like he will be if he can get us out of it.
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:28 pm

Sandie wrote:He said himself that he's not a magic man or a miracle worker but in our position, a position that no other PL clubs have survived from at this point in the season, it's starting to look like he will be if he can get us out of it.
He can change tactics and playing style given time, but he can't change the default psychology of weak minded individuals. Sherwood got one thing right, we haven't got enough winners in our team. In fact if Micah Richards gets injured we wont have any!
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan on Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:32 pm

Hey guys,

My take on the Everton game (I watched from my sickbed and it didn't help)

Remi clearly got the selection wrong, however I do think he was a little restricted by the players away and had then set about working on a plan with those left behind and went with a team that contained many of them (I can't see how else Gil and Grealish get in the same side) Sanchez would have been in had he not of been back late Thursday and I think that may of seen Westwood again missing out (he took of Gana,As I believe as he had played the internationals)

Gestede came back with a slight injury, so he needed to try and get through the game whilst also seeing what others could do. It appeared to be a "show me" challenge and they failed, dramatically. We were terrible. Better second half, largely due to Sanchez and Everton taking their foot off the gas.

So what now? Hew needs to pick Sanchez and he will. He needs a temp fix to our LB woes until January. Richardson isn't it. He then needs to pick his best XI and stick with it (again I think he will until Jan) We are bottom for the amount of times we've selected the same starting XI and Leicester top.....

So the right players and the right shape and tactic and stick with it until we get a chance to spend in Jan. Unless we can convince 3/4 quality players to come (one being a top notch goalscorer) then I think this could be our year to drop. One thing we have going for us is time. We still have time to fix this, but we need to win at home next. If we do then looking at the bigger picture we'd all of seen 4 points from those 3 fixtures as good progress.

We somehow now need to turn defeats into draws and then wins, FAST!!
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Tue Nov 24, 2015 5:54 pm

I wish I had your confidence in our ability to beat the drop GM. I agree with all the points you've made especially picking his best team and sticking with it, but at the moment he simply doesn't know what his best team is, because by his own admission he doesn't know all the players yet.
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie on Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:55 pm

Some of the papers are reporting that the club are still trying to bring in Steve Round - in spite of Garde not being keen.

If there is substance to this rumour I find it disappointing. Yes, I think that he might have proved to be a good addition to the coaching staff but only if it was who Garde wanted. It now seems that it isn't and I think it's very poor that the club might attempt to foist a staff member on a manager who doesn't want him.
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Wed Nov 25, 2015 4:30 pm

Sandie wrote:Some of the papers are reporting that the club are still trying to bring in Steve Round - in spite of Garde not being keen.

If there is substance to this rumour I find it disappointing. Yes, I think that he might have proved to be a good addition to the coaching staff but only if it was who Garde wanted. It now seems that it isn't and I think it's very poor that the club might attempt to foist a staff member on a manager who doesn't want him.
If Fox/Almstadt are stupid enough to force an unwanted assistant onto Remi Garde then they aren't fit to run the club.
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie on Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:28 pm

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-steve-round-didnt-10506207

He stated: "I met Remi Garde and his staff and I was impressed with what he is trying to do, it's innovative.

"He already had his own staff and assistant on board though and what I was being offered we both saw as being more of a junior role that was not really right for me.

"I was disappointed, Villa are a big club.

"I do want to get into management though and the deal just wasn't right for either of us.

"I wish Villa luck and I hope they get out of it."
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:48 pm

Sandie wrote:http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-steve-round-didnt-10506207

He stated: "I met Remi Garde and his staff and I was impressed with what he is trying to do, it's innovative.

"He already had his own staff and assistant on board though and what I was being offered we both saw as being more of a junior role that was not really right for me.

"I was disappointed, Villa are a big club.

"I do want to get into management though and the deal just wasn't right for either of us.

"I wish Villa luck and I hope they get out of it."
John Percy said that 'Villa' still wanted to bring Round in as the clubs 'assistant manager' which would mean demoting Regi Ray. If that happened I think Garde would have to consider his future.
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Thu Nov 26, 2015 5:00 pm

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2015/11/26/remi-garde-eyes-aston-villa-signings-in-january-transfer-wind/?

Garde says that we've got four games to play before the transfer window opens! Are we not going to play the other two then Remi?

I'm sending him to the remove class until he learns how to count games properly!
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie on Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:59 pm

I hope he loses count of the number of points we accrue in the next couple of games!
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie on Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:35 pm

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/remi-garde-talks-aston-villas-10512150

"Only when it’s done with mathematics can you accept it," said Garde.

"We are not at this point.

"We are five points away from safety. For the moment, this isn’t something that’s unreachable.

"I understand that people outside will bet on this position for us at the end of the season (to go down) .

"But I really think we have the possibility to close the gap.

"There are a lot of points to be distributed, why can’t we do that?

"Statistics are one thing, but sometimes they are made to be challenged.

"We’ll try and move those statistics forwards and maybe next time another manager of another team will be told that once, a team with five points from 13 games have safety.

“It’s not until we cannot do that, I will strongly believe we can do that. I am committed to the mission I have taken.”

Remi certainly talks a good game, hopefully in a more substantive way than Sherwood did, I just hope that his spirit has rubbed off on the players over the week and they'll not be giving up as we give Watford a beating.
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Sat Nov 28, 2015 1:25 am

Sandie wrote:http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/remi-garde-talks-aston-villas-10512150

"Only when it’s done with mathematics can you accept it," said Garde.

"We are not at this point.

"We are five points away from safety. For the moment, this isn’t something that’s unreachable.

"I understand that people outside will bet on this position for us at the end of the season (to go down) .

"But I really think we have the possibility to close the gap.

"There are a lot of points to be distributed, why can’t we do that?

"Statistics are one thing, but sometimes they are made to be challenged.

"We’ll try and move those statistics forwards and maybe next time another manager of another team will be told that once, a team with five points from 13 games have safety.

“It’s not until we cannot do that, I will strongly believe we can do that. I am committed to the mission I have taken.”

Remi certainly talks a good game, hopefully in a more substantive way than Sherwood did, I just hope that his spirit has rubbed off on the players over the week and they'll not be giving up as we give Watford a beating.

I wonder whether the players have gone past the point where they can listen and learn. I fear that we've moved into 'victim' syndrome in the dressing room to the "It's not our fault, the owner and club has shafted us and there's nothing more we can do" mentality. I hope I'm totally wrong .... we shall see later today.
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13 ... 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum