Rémi Garde: Ex-Aston Villa manager

Page 18 of 21 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Rémi Garde: Ex-Aston Villa manager

Post by villabromsgrove on Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:15 pm

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-im-still-trying-11025153?

Nothing's changed.

If Garde wants to truly inspire his squad, he's got to get upbeat, pick an attacking team and challenge the players to attack, attack, attack, regardless of consequences! This same old long faced lament that we see and hear week in week out is doing nothing for the players confidence.
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Morddred on Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:19 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-im-still-trying-11025153?

Nothing's changed.

If Garde wants to truly inspire his squad, he's got to get upbeat, pick an attacking team and challenge the players to attack, attack, attack, regardless of consequences! This same old long faced lament that we see and hear week in week out is doing nothing for the players confidence.
There's the problem, it's not Garde's squad. It's a collection of substandard footballers who have no pride in the shirt or their own career.
Morddred
Private
Private

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie on Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:36 pm

Whilst that's true I'm still not convinced Garde has done everything he could. He showed some early promise by the way he responded to Grealish's indiscretions and the way that Gabby ended up out of the picture. I have no doubt we wouldn't have as many problems if he had been able to buy in January but right now I see a group of players still on easy street. We're down and out so fans aren't going to be upset to see youth players come in. These guys will be here next season and they will show pride in the shirt unlike the players we've got playing. I'd also be bombing the worst and least professional players out completely.
Sandie

Location : Looking forward to a local derby against Burton Albion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:42 pm

It's all about attitude and Remi comes across as weak and wishy washy. The players are looking for an easy ride, and RG's lack of bite is being taken advantage of my a number of our players.
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie on Sat Mar 12, 2016 3:45 am

Does here anybody think that Garde will be our manager next season?

If they don't and considering that we are doing nothing now is there something to be said for making a change now to allow a new manager to make their decisions and evaluate the side ahead of the summer?

I'm not sure I agree, just putting it out there. The biggest argument against for me is that it's always difficult to get a good manager interested in mid-season (though Newcastle did get in Benitez just now) and there would be more options in the summer.
Sandie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Sat Mar 12, 2016 11:34 am

I don't think he should be manager next season because the job of a Championship manager is one that he isn't qualified for.

I don't see any advantage in changing the manager now. Maybe in January we could have looked at Benitez or even Moyes, as long as we were prepared to back them in the transfer window. The lack of performance of the other three relegation threatened teams shows in retrospect that this may well have kick started a feasible survival race for us.

However that was before Lord King, Bernstein and Little brought some essential and rational football thinking to the board, so it was a non starter for the blinkered tight fisted ostriches in charge of decision making in January.
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Sat Mar 12, 2016 11:42 am

http://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2016/why-remi-garde-was-destined-to-fail-at-aston-villa/?

This is a look at how Remi's performance and Villa's demise is being reported in France. It's essentially a rehash of repeated English articles, but at least it's a fair and accurate summation of both RG and AVFC.
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie on Sat Mar 12, 2016 1:18 pm

That's a good summary of things, though I'm not keen on the revisionism about Dim Tim.
Sandie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:19 pm

Sandie wrote:That's a good summary of things, though I'm not keen on the revisionism about Dim Tim.
I agree with you about the impression given of Sherwood's short tenure, but I can understand how his self publicity has been taken at face value in another country.
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:47 pm

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-lyon-admit-want-11052708

As this article contains a direct quote from Aulus, there would seem to be some truth in it. It would be the best solution from Remi Garde's point of view, and would enable us to finally match a manager to our current situation.
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie on Thu Mar 17, 2016 2:43 pm

It would be the best thing all round in my opinion.

Whilst Garde hasn't had a fair crack of the whip I still think a more suitable manager might just have shored things up a little bit more. If that had happened before January we might have had less difficulty in attracting players and less reluctance from the board to fund them.
Sandie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Morddred on Thu Mar 17, 2016 3:24 pm

Any decent manager would be crackers to come to Villa unless certain assurances were in writing.
I wouldn't trust this owner
Morddred
Private
Private

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie on Thu Mar 17, 2016 3:31 pm

Our best hope is that Lerner becomes marginalised and plays a very minor role as just a money man leaving the day-to-day business to the board.
Sandie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Thu Mar 17, 2016 3:38 pm

Sandie wrote:Our best hope is that Lerner becomes marginalised and plays a very minor role as just a money man leaving the day-to-day business to the board.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-owner-randy-lerner-11055402?

I totally agree with you, but this story makes it clear that despite what Randy and his people keep telling us, he is not ready to hand over control. Krulak's appointment as an executive director instead of non executive, is proof that Lerner still want's to have an input into all decisions. Krulak is a talented man in his own field of Command and armed forces logistics, but nothing that he will be faced with at Villa will benefit from the way that he's used to applying those skills.
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie on Thu Mar 17, 2016 3:55 pm

We finally make a couple of steps forward then we start to move backwards. Krulak is no doubt an engaging individual but football is not his world and his last few public comments have been downright embarrassing. I struggle to see what having him in an increased role will do for us rather than embarrassment and having a Lerner man acting as a brake on any progress the new board will make.
Sandie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 21 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum