Southampton V Aston Villa (League Cup 4th Round) : Wednesday 28th October at 7:45PM

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What will happen on Wednesday?

40% 40% 
[ 2 ]
40% 40% 
[ 2 ]
20% 20% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 5

Southampton V Aston Villa (League Cup 4th Round) : Wednesday 28th October at 7:45PM

Post by Sandie on Sun Oct 25, 2015 4:58 pm

A bit of respite from the manager discussion and our poor league performance here. We're back in league cup action with a match against Southampton.

Will we have the shackles cast aside without the pressure of the league and the clown on the sidelines? Will we be dogged by memories of our last (6-1) trip to St Mary's? Who will be our manager?  

Lot of things to discuss so lets have some predictions and pre-match chat!
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Location : Looking forward to a local derby against Burton Albion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Southampton V Aston Villa (League Cup 4th Round) : Wednesday 28th October at 7:45PM

Post by Sandie on Sun Oct 25, 2015 4:59 pm

I'm predicting a 2-0 defeat with KMac still in interim charge.
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Southampton V Aston Villa (League Cup 4th Round) : Wednesday 28th October at 7:45PM

Post by South London Villan on Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:11 pm

This is the scene of Sherwoods slow painful demise. I was there it was horrific and Sherwood never recovered. Results went our way to keep us up otherwise we would have gone.

The Saints are a decent team, decent work ethic and I just can't see us winning a raffle at the moment
South London Villan
Private
Private

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:43 pm

No pressure and 14 players showcasing themselves for the next manager. Anything could happen so I'm going for a cheeky win.
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie on Mon Oct 26, 2015 2:46 pm

With a different man (presumably KMac as we won't have a new man appointed in time and even if we do they won't have time to assess things) we're most likely going to see a completely different type of team from those that Sherwood picked. What do we think KMac will/should go for?

Mine would be:

Bunn

Hutton
Richards
Clark
Amavi

Veretout
Sanchez
Gana
Grealish

Ayew
Gestede

Think Bunn should get this one, I'm not a fan but lots of clubs play their second choice keeper in the cups and it might make sense to give him a chance. Of course, with the almost certainty of the interim man taking charge we will be unlikely to see anything too radical and equally unlikely to see anything that can dramatically affect a new manager's thinking.
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:07 pm

I'd play

Guzan

Okore
Richards
Clark
Amavi

Gana
Vertout

Traore
Gil
Grealish

Ayew.

The game plan would be to get the ball down and pass and move with the ball, attempting lots of angled forward passes (even if they don't come off) and then press hard without the ball (in packs).

That line up needs to get game time together on a regular basis if we're going to gel as a team.
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie on Tue Oct 27, 2015 2:56 pm

With KMac's experience and time with the youth team does anybody thing we might see some youngsters come in to at least the squad? Anybody impressing in the youth team who might be worth a go? Wouldn't be surprised to see Gary Gardner have some involvement.
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:20 pm

Amavi and Veretout have to start, if only to convince them that they have a part to play after Sherwood froze them out and used it as a stick to beat Almstadt with.
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie on Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:02 pm

Supposedly Koeman is going to try out a few fringe players in this one.

I can see us, reinvigorated by being sent out in a coherent system, beating a second string Southampton team.

Bookies have got us at around 7-1 to win this, to put that in perspective you can get the same odds on Boro to beat Man United! I'm tempted to put some money on us at those odds.
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Liberty on Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:24 pm

Villa to win 1-0 fluky goal 89min!

Liberty
Private
Private

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan on Wed Oct 28, 2015 1:53 pm

I voted Draw, as I think it will be 1-1 in normal time and we may take it to pens!! I'm really not fussed about a cup run this year, just want to be safe, however winning breeds confidence, so for that reason, let's go all out to win!!
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:23 pm

No pressure tonight, it's a free hit. Our new players can actually go out and do what they're good at with out fear.
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie on Wed Oct 28, 2015 6:51 pm

Odd team selection...

It makes sense tactically (unlike Sherwood's ones) but surprised to see Crespo and Richardson in, and Gil and Grealish on the bench. Resting players?
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by South London Villan on Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:33 pm

Not impressed, I await with bated breath further humiliation
South London Villan
Private
Private

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie on Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:45 pm

Players looking happy:

Not that I know they look happier usually.
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum