Welcome to Claret and Blue Army a Fans Forum, why not introduce yourself?!

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Welcome to Claret and Blue Army a Fans Forum, why not introduce yourself?!

Post by GadgetMan on Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:45 pm

Now you've found us and read about our aims for the site, we'd encourage you to introduce yourself, perhaps how you started supporting the greatest club in the world Aston Villa, maybe your favourite player?! That kind of thing, it's your introduction, so feel free to add what you like.

Familiarise yourself with the site rules thread, there aren't many, but the few we have are important to us and the sites success. That aside, get stuck in and start posting!!

So you're aware we have a 'Ranking system' that is linked to posts, it's just a bit of fun and plays on the 'Army' theme taken from our name "Claret and Blue Army" In addition to this there's a 'Thanks' button where you're able to show your appreciation to fellow posters and a 'Like' button (on the left under your username, in your profile area) where you're able to like individual posts, should you wish too. This is all experimental and we welcome any feedback you may have as members.

Last, but not least, It's good to have you here as part of OUR Army

Last edited by GadgetMan on Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Welcome to Claret and Blue Army a Fans Forum, why not introduce yourself?!

Post by GadgetMan on Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:09 pm

I'll go first.

I'm Matt, I've been a fan all my life (41 years cough cough) and starting going down the season we won the league and then subsequent European Cup. Not a bad start eh?

I love movies, boxsets, anything Gadgety (hence the username) and my children (I perhaps should have put them first as I adore them)

Had a decent career in Football and got to a good level, but liked hanging out with my mates more than really going for it. UTV
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lukevilla on Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:19 pm

Hi all massive Villa fan here. my favourite player is amavi really think he will do well for Villa! Very Happy

lukevilla
Private
Private

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:32 pm

lukevilla wrote:Hi all massive Villa fan here. my favourite player is amavi really think he will do well for Villa! Very Happy
Good to have you onboard Luke. You've chosen a top favourite in Amavi. He definitely won't let you down. I bet he's not here in three years time though .... unfortunately.
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Amar on Fri Aug 21, 2015 3:55 pm

Hows it going Mat

Ive signed up, although it said Amar as a username was taken. Someone is going to impersonate me already!

Good luck dude

Amar
Private
Private

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan on Fri Aug 21, 2015 3:58 pm

Amar84 wrote:Hows it going Mat

Ive signed up, although it said Amar as a username was taken. Someone is going to impersonate me already!

Good luck dude

That's odd, there isn't a Amar (I don't think?) Do you wish to just be Amar? Thank you by the way Very Happy
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg179avfc on Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:19 pm

Hi All
I've been a Villa fan ever since my brother took me one rainy saturday afternoon in 1984. I can remember the noise beginning to rise and the smell of smoke in my nostrils. As we entered the stadium, Holte end Left side!!. all I can remember is a bright green light and a deafening roar. The green light was the pitch, the roar our forever noisy fans. I was hooked. I followed my brother onto the stand and stood next to a rather fat man who smelt of beer. I looked around stunned by how many people were there . "we`ll kick off in a bit " my brother shouted...then the most amazing noise came as the players ran onto the hallowed turf. I had never heard such noise and had never been so excited.
I remember being amazed that you could shout,sing and even swear as much as you liked and no one batted an eye lid.
For years I stood with my brother so proud to be part of his life... then the holte was torn down. I stood in the aisle as the fans emptied leaving my big brother standing lonely with that same green pitch as a backdrop. A police officer walked over to him and put his arm around him and i heard him say" come on lad it`s over now".....oh how wrong he was. We purchased season tickets for years to come and enjoyed/hated many seasons. So thank you to my big brother for bringing me my first true love... who is such a bitch at times but who I will always love. Up the Villa
Steve
stevieg179avfc
Private
Private

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan on Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:23 pm

stevieg179avfc wrote:Hi All
 I've been a Villa fan ever since my brother took me one rainy saturday afternoon in 1984. I can remember the noise beginning to rise and the smell of smoke in my nostrils. As we entered the stadium, Holte end Left side!!. all I can remember is a bright green light and a deafening roar. The green light was the pitch, the roar our forever noisy fans. I was hooked. I followed my brother onto the stand and stood next to a rather fat man who smelt of beer. I looked around stunned by how many people were there . "we`ll kick off in a bit " my brother shouted...then the most amazing noise came as the players ran onto the hallowed turf. I had never heard such noise and had never been so excited.
  I remember being amazed that you could shout,sing and even swear as much as you liked and no one batted an eye lid.
 For years I stood with my brother so proud to be part of his life... then the holte was torn down. I stood in the aisle as the fans emptied leaving my big brother standing lonely with that same green pitch as a backdrop. A police officer walked over to him and put his arm around him and i heard him say" come on lad it`s over now".....oh how wrong he was. We purchased season tickets for years to come and enjoyed/hated many seasons. So thank you to my big brother for bringing me my first true love... who is such a bitch at times but who I will always love. Up the Villa
Steve

Hey Steve great to have you here. A brilliant story and one that totally resonates with me. I can picture and smell it all now. Great memories huh?! That view of the pitch for the first time as you walk up the Holte stairs will stay with me forever.

Get posting on the main forum and thanks for signing up
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:33 pm

A big welcome to both AMAR and Stevieg. Good to have you here on CABA, I look forward to debating all things Villa with you.
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmycarr on Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:58 pm

Well folks, James here, feck knows how long have been a Villa fan but disgracefully still haven't been to a competitive game hopefully that'll change v soon! Anyhoo best of luck with the site, liking what I'm seeing so far.
Jimmycarr
Private
Private

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:05 pm

Jimmycarr wrote:Well folks, James here, feck knows how long have been a Villa fan but disgracefully still haven't been to a competitive game hopefully that'll change v soon! Anyhoo best of luck with the site, liking what I'm seeing so far.
Thanks for joining us Jimmy, you know you can't use the C word on here don't you? Only I've seen you on the telly and .... um! Very Happy

Get posting JC and give us some laughs.
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lawty on Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:16 pm

Hi Guys Richard here, Villa fan for nearly fourty years, seen the highs & lows over the years, let's hope we are on the rise again under Sir Tim! UTV !

Lawty
Private
Private

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by danclare82 on Fri Aug 21, 2015 6:26 pm

Hi everyone

I've stumbled on this site from another one and want to be part of it.

I'm 33 and went to 1st match in 91 v luton town. (platt missed pen)

Very exited about this season.

Super Jack Grealish will shine!
danclare82
Private
Private

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan on Fri Aug 21, 2015 6:27 pm

Hey Jimmy and Richard,

You found your way here then. It's not like I tweeted it at all haha!!

Good to have you guys here and look forward to chatting, despairing and delighting in all things Villa!!
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan on Fri Aug 21, 2015 6:29 pm

danclare82 wrote:Hi everyone

I've stumbled on this site from another one and want to be part of it.

I'm 33 and went to 1st match in 91 v luton town. (platt missed pen)

Very exited about this season.

Super Jack Grealish will shine!

Hey Dan

Great to have you

David Platt used to be one of my favourite players, I was devastated when he left, which is odd as I can't stand him now and he actively seems to dislike Villa too. Weird chap. Anyway really good to have you on board mate.
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum