Sherwoods Smoke and Mirrors

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sherwoods Smoke and Mirrors

Post by Starbuck19777 on Sat Oct 17, 2015 6:45 pm

Ok, deep breaths.......nope not worked, more deep breaths........still not working.

So another game gone and another abject defeat. Yes we were playing Chelsea but this isnt the Chelsea of former seasons currently so if you stood a chance of getting a win then today was the day. As somebody said on the BBC " Chelsea v's Villa is so far a battle between two poor teams and the less poor will probably nick it" well they did and it was zero suprise. The thing i find hard to grasp as i peruse Twitter and various other links to Newspapers etc is that from Thursday onwards Tim Sherwood came out with more of his smoke and mirrors routine. It was all 100% nonsense in order to convince everybody that he knew what he was doing and it was all under control. Not since Houdini has anybody been able to mislead so many people with a wave of his hand. It was like a media assault on the senses and then ex pros come bounding along to fuel the Sherwood is the best man for the job flame. Unsuprisingly people buy it and starts saying " well we dont expect to get anything from Chelsea anyway" WOW! really so we now go into games accepting defeat before its started and absolving Sherwood in this as its Chelsea. With each passing day i become more disillusioned by the club and Sherwood and i hate that! The best part  has been where he has gone from publicly stating i dont know my best 11 to now claiming he does. Bringing Nzogbia back into the fold screamed more desperation rather than actual issac Newton style thinking. Anyway when he stated he now knew his best 11 i thought "Well thats great" sees team sheet *Shakes head* Nope Tim you clearly dont. You've dropped Amavi as he has cost too many goals??? but then you bring him on....so is he liability, you continue with Westwood, and the biggest mystery is how Tony Pullis out bull shitted Sherwood and hence sold us Lescott. What a chuckle they must of had that night at the Hawthorns. Always summit up when you let your supposed best defender join some local rivals. Gil and Grealish weve been screaming for but its debatable that we can play both currently. Dont get me wrong they should be great together but whilst were so fragile, i would play one or the other until the ship is steadied. Clearly Tim has just read Twitter and gone, " OK i need to play them both as that is what people want" Sadly this entire debacle actually starts above Tim. Its the man that has employed wrong man after wrong man, given them the mandate of just keep us up and then stood back whilst they flail and fail. Its no wonder managers age in dog years at our club. Perhaps one day he will finally sell up and we wont be left like this year after year. Who can blame Tim for selling himself to our hierachy and landing himself a plum club to manage. I cant, in fact i applaud him for it and perhaps it wont matter who we had as manager whilst Randy sits on his throne. But fact is Tim's in the Managers seat now and hes failing so badly its nearly untrue, i read excuses left right and centre for him but why should his record be accepted?? Fact is that hes failing in every department right now. That team showed zero fight in the second half against Chelsea so hes even failing to motivate them now. If something is broke do you not replace it? or do you hope that one day it will fix itself. What is it.....4 pts from 38?? how anybody can defend this and say it just needs time and its just gelling issues is now beyond me. At one point or another we wanted it to work for Sherwood as he is the manager of our team but clearly its not going to. Clutching at straws week in week out. The cockney wide boy is so wide of the mark its untrue. My biggest worry is that this is the season that we wont survive, its not looking good. Theres no leadership, theres no direction, there is just people looking blankly at each other and making excuses for failures rather than adressing them or moving on. If it is to be believed that Sherwoods task this season set by the board is 17th then its an even bigger joke than i imagined.

I feel as though the club is like an old Antique dresser, passed around by people claiming they will fix it up but it will take time, but eventually realising they dont have the tools or the know how and just dumping it outside Oxfam on a sunday morning where it will gather dust and just lose more of its original appeal. Its fair to say looking back in the past, the young boy that covered his bedroom walls in club favourites and heroes back in the day is slipping away every season. If i could go back now, perhaps id tell myself to take them down, save yourself the constant dissapoinment when your older........ I want my Villa back

Starbuck19777
Private
Private

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sherwoods Smoke and Mirrors

Post by Starbuck19777 on Sat Oct 17, 2015 6:49 pm

Balls! Smoke and Mirrors!!

Starbuck19777
Private
Private

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan on Sat Oct 17, 2015 7:00 pm

You pulled another great post out the hat. The last paragraph striking a very particular chord with me. How utterly depressing it all is.

A great post and I can't disagree with any of it. At a time when its an effort just to talk about villa, this is a welcome post.

So please put the case for Sherwood? Someone, anyone. I'm with Starbucks, however happy to hear why I might be wrong..
GadgetMan
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie on Sat Oct 17, 2015 7:00 pm

Another great rant, spot on.

I will admit that I said I don't expect us to beat Chelsea but I definitely don't see that as absolving Sherwood from blame. If we were doing better and had a better manager I might nurture some faint hope of us getting a result. And, difficult though it might be to remember following 8-0s and 7-1s, I remember us having a decent record at Stamford Bridge. We were Mourinho's bogey team.

At the end of the day, I expect us to beat Stoke, I expect us to beat Sunderland, I expect us to have a coherent tactical system and for our manager to know his best XI and not to go running to the press to cover his arse. And for all those reasons I think Sherwood needs to go, today's result wasn't going to change anyone's opinion other than make some of us a little bit more worried as we mark another week without points. Next week is now massive.
Sandie

Location : Looking forward to a local derby against Burton Albion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Harte on Sat Oct 17, 2015 7:42 pm

The trouble is Stoke was massive, as was Liverpool the week before, as was Albion the week before that.

Lets face it; we're doomed. All Sherwood's conjuring trick of last season achieved was to prolong the agony. We're going down. We'll probably go down bottom like we did in 1987.

Its only October yet it is all so predictable.

Chris Harte
Private
Private

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan on Sat Oct 17, 2015 8:26 pm

Chris Harte wrote:The trouble is Stoke was massive, as was Liverpool the week before, as was Albion the week before that.

Lets face it; we're doomed. All Sherwood's conjuring trick of last season achieved was to prolong the agony. We're going down. We'll probably go down bottom like we did in 1987.

Its only October yet it is all so predictable.

I feel it's still early enough in the season for it not to be a forgone conclusion, IF we get a real manager in. I can see signs of a team within that squad, we just need the right man to get the best out of them. I'm not a huge fan of either Moyes or Rodgers, however I'm in no doubt that within 2/3 games both would have their best XI and a working formation to improve results. It says a lot that TS still hasn't got a scooby and we're 9/10 games in with a whole pre-season too. Such is the gulf between a wannabe manager and an actual real manager.
GadgetMan
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie on Sat Oct 17, 2015 9:35 pm

I agree with that. As things stand if we go down from here I feel that it would be because we held on to Sherwood for too long.

If we continued to struggle under a 'proper manager' then I'd start to think it was down to players or other aspects of club strategy.
Sandie

Location : Looking forward to a local derby against Burton Albion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum