Relegation?

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Relegation?

Post by Sandie on Tue Dec 29, 2015 1:25 am

It will be interesting to see what players stick around. Some people think we would piss the championship because we would have the likes of Veretout and Ayew but I don't think these guys would stick around. Both of them have looked respectable in the PL within a poor team and I suspect that neither would have a shortage of offers from top flight clubs here and across Europe. Whatever we do it will be with a very new look team.
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Location : Looking forward to a local derby against Burton Albion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Tue Dec 29, 2015 12:50 pm

Sandie wrote:It will be interesting to see what players stick around. Some people think we would piss the championship because we would have the likes of Veretout and Ayew but I don't think these guys would stick around. Both of them have looked respectable in the PL within a poor team and I suspect that neither would have a shortage of offers from top flight clubs here and across Europe. Whatever we do it will be with a very new look team.
I can no longer predict what the clowns running Villa will do. The guys you mention are on long term contracts so they should stay, but we've become a short term brainless club so we may sell.
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie on Tue Dec 29, 2015 3:30 pm

They were signed on a moneyball philosophy intended to make us money on transfers. They were told 'do well and we won't stand in your way when a bigger club comes after you'. Will they have loyalty to the club now that things haven't worked out? As Delph showed us long term contracts tend to not mean a lot.
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Tue Dec 29, 2015 3:34 pm

Sandie wrote:They were signed on a moneyball philosophy intended to make us money on transfers. They were told 'do well and we won't stand in your way when a bigger club comes after you'. Will they have loyalty to the club now that things haven't worked out? As Delph showed us long term contracts tend to not mean a lot.
I guess as usual it depends on how much money is offered. Mad
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie on Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:15 pm

Accurate, if depressing, read here: http://www.football365.com/news/aston-villa-no-chance-no-hope-no-surprise
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Wed Dec 30, 2015 4:05 pm

Tens of thousands of Villa fans could have written exactly the same article. Only three or four people would disagree and they're currently being paid big money by AVFC.
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie on Wed Dec 30, 2015 4:38 pm

What gets me is how we're a long established premier league club but we are going out of the league without a whimper. It's the kind of thing you expect from a club who has came up and isn't ready for the PL (Derby, Sunderland) or one of the more badly ran Championship clubs (QPR).

Garde talks naively about a 'project' but I'm not sure he really realises what kind of effects relegation will have.
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Wed Dec 30, 2015 4:59 pm

I know it's an extremely unlikely outcome, but we need four wins more than a transitional Swansea to have a chance of surviving. That should be worth spending money on.
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie on Sat Jan 02, 2016 7:31 pm

Seeing a lot of people saying that relegation is okay because we can piss the championship. I have some sympathy with this view as I think it's more likely than the whole idea of us doing a Leeds or a Wigan but as things stand it's looking like the two North East teams joining us. That will be three big clubs in the Championship and at least one of them will have to settle for the lottery of the play offs. That's not thinking of any other clubs down there who will either be traditionally strong or provide a surprise package. None of them will be saddled with having the likes of Fox and Lerner calling the shots either...
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Sat Jan 02, 2016 7:34 pm

Teams that can't score and can't defend do not do well in any league.
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Sat Jan 02, 2016 7:38 pm

We can run a sweepstake on who our opponents will be on the first day of next season. That should be interesting.
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie on Sat Jan 02, 2016 7:39 pm

I don't think we will have the same team in the championship and Gestede, laughable as he has been in the PL, has had success as a goal scorer in that division. It's that much of a step down that some of the players who are letting us down now could be a success at that level. What I think would do for us is the intensity of competition and the people running the club.
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Sat Jan 02, 2016 7:40 pm

I'm going for Burton as a local derby.
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie on Sat Jan 02, 2016 7:50 pm

Good shout. I can see the stories now. "8 years ago Burton were in the Conference and Villa 6th in the Premier league and now they're playing each other in the league'

Funny to think, we could have derbies against Walsall and Burton in the league next season. There would probably be Villa fans in the ground who look upon these local, little teams as their second clubs.
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Sat Jan 02, 2016 8:20 pm

Sandie wrote:Good shout. I can see the stories now. "8 years ago Burton were in the Conference and Villa 6th in the Premier league and now they're playing each other in the league'

Funny to think, we could have derbies against Walsall and Burton in the league next season. There would probably be Villa fans in the ground who look upon these local, little teams as their second clubs.
Sadly we may well lose both these games. Shocked
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: