Relegation?

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Relegation?

Post by Sandie on Wed Dec 16, 2015 3:25 pm

The talk of a chairman and new board member seems like something they've been working on for months and has very little to do with the iceberg we are sailing right into.
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Location : Looking forward to a local derby against Burton Albion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie on Wed Dec 16, 2015 3:27 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:Another forum is discussing the rumoured new kit producer. I don't see the point about an animated discussion over  branding kudos for next season.

Fruit of the Loom should get the job done for the second division!

If we're in the PL next season, I couldn't care if we went out on to the pitch in bin bags, to be honest.
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Wed Dec 16, 2015 3:33 pm

Sandie wrote:
villabromsgrove wrote:Another forum is discussing the rumoured new kit producer. I don't see the point about an animated discussion over  branding kudos for next season.

Fruit of the Loom should get the job done for the second division!

If we're in the PL next season, I couldn't care if we went out on to the pitch in bin bags, to be honest.
I think wearing "bin bags" would be a perfect way to describe the rubbish we've been watching for the last five years! Very Happy
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie on Wed Dec 16, 2015 11:39 pm

Swansea being linked with Marcelo Bielsa. Bad news for us if they get him as they're potential relegation rivals and he's a very good coach.
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by South London Villan on Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:41 am

Chaps, I apologise for not being around recently but other commitments have taken me away and all things Villa are making me very depressed.

I am possibly repeating other's comments and stating the obvious but the turn around required is one that has never been done before.

The impossible can still be achieved but the more Newcastle and Sunderland don't lose and gain a win or draw whilst we can't pick up any points the mountain gets a little steeper.

i still feel as though the players we have are capable enough, on paper, of  getting results but for some reason they conspire to make it difficult with stupid basic errors.

The issue, to me, is one of heart, desire and confidence. We still do not press the opposition effeectively when we are not in posessesion. When we do so fleetingly in games it works but we do not sustain it, to me that shows a lack of heart and desire. again by not pressing we never get the second ball because we are not close enough and give the opposition time to compose themselves without pressure and play the ball round us leaving us chasing shadows.

When Adama comes on he runs at the defence and puts them under pressure, his crossing isn't great but do it enough in a game and you never know.

Right now I would like to see Traore, Gil, Grealish, Sinclair, Ayew just running at the opposition, all out attack. Shit or bust. Long ball to Guestede and get the knock down to one of them and run at them, and run at them and run at them.

Something has to change and under Remi it has not changed enough, get some ex players in there to inspire passion.

Pleased to hear that Remi is ruthless eough to let Gabby go, if that rumour is true, and come January break the bank with Loic Remy, Charlie Austin, Shane Long, Andros Townsend, Ashley Cole and a goalkeeper. Then we might have a chance.
South London Villan
Private
Private

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Thu Dec 17, 2015 2:09 pm

Good to see an SLV post . I think you're right about what has to happen. Even then it's probably too late, but we have to give it a go. To go out of the Premier League with a whimper would be unforgivable, so why not go for the big bang!
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie on Thu Dec 17, 2015 2:45 pm

South London Villan wrote:i still feel as though the players we have are capable enough, on paper, of  getting results but for some reason they conspire to make it difficult with stupid basic errors.

The issue, to me, is one of heart, desire and confidence. We still do not press the opposition effeectively when we are not in posessesion. When we do so fleetingly in games it works but we do not sustain it, to me that shows a lack of heart and desire. again by not pressing we never get the second ball because we are not close enough and give the opposition time to compose themselves without pressure and play the ball round us leaving us chasing shadows.

Good to see you back and I agree. I still have to think 'where has it all gone wrong?' about this season. I, like so many others, was really looking forward to this season thinking we might finally break our run of relegation battles. Like you, I look at our starting XI and think 'that's a decent side' but it never seems to come off. And like you say, too many errors, too little desire or heart and I'd also point to the fact that the PL is the most competitive it has been in years. Top teams are weaker and there aren't many poor teams (outside of us on form) in the rest of the pack which has seen us get left behind as we rot due to the errors and tameness in our side.

Also agree that we need to attack, the time for hedging our bets has passed and if we are going to put together the most unlikely survival bid ever together we are going to need to start taking gambles.
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by South London Villan on Thu Dec 17, 2015 2:56 pm

The Villa have really got to me, it is like a fug at the fromt of my mind, it really has depressed me and I can't shake it and it won't go away or at least until we start climbing towards safety and in reality the way results are going we are the only team who can't get a result.

That and the end of year rush to complete on deals to hit target etc have conspired to mean I haven't been on much, here is hoping for a good festive period....................
South London Villan
Private
Private

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by South London Villan on Thu Dec 17, 2015 3:02 pm

Every where you look at the moment highlights the demise of Villa and poor stewardship by Lerner.

Palace appear to have secured the investment from Blitzer and I know I am biased but how the hell can Palace be seen as a better investment than us. It can only be down to the poor and perilous state the club is in.

Randy also needs to go shit or bust and invest heavily now, any investment he makes now will ultimately be his legacy.
South London Villan
Private
Private

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie on Thu Dec 17, 2015 3:26 pm

Since they came back from administration Palace have been a well run club and that's probably why they are appealing for investment. I honestly don't know what the problem is with us, our accounts seem to give the impression of us being a financial black hole which might be why people have been put off. Now, I don't pretend to be an accountant but it has to be a factor of how badly Lerner has run things over the past few years with an element of the difference in cost base (we are an established PL club, run as such whereas Palace were a championship club who came back from the blink that managed to get to the PL).
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Thu Dec 17, 2015 3:54 pm

Hats off to Palace. There's a vibrancy that runs right the way through the club, from the Chairman (men) to the fans.
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Fri Dec 18, 2015 3:27 pm

While Fox and Garde appear to be singing from the same hymn sheet, I'm not expecting big changes in January. The emphasis still seems to be on developing this "excellent bunch of signings" and patiently waiting for them to come good.

I have not seen such a passive reaction to impending doom, since I last watched 'Titanic'.
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie on Fri Dec 18, 2015 3:58 pm

Develop them for what, one has to ask? A season in the championship? Their future career at whatever club they join in the summer transfer window?

I've been thinking about this 'excellent bunch of signings' a lot today. There's at least two of them who have not been trusted to have extensive involvement by either manager. A couple more who have been involved, haven't been that poor but aren't up to the standards of their predecessors. These weren't exactly cheap players we could have written off as punts, either.
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie on Mon Dec 28, 2015 7:53 pm

I think it's time people, barring a miracle we will be in the Championship next season.

What are we to expect, who do we want to stay and what should our plans be?
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Mon Dec 28, 2015 8:38 pm

Today confirmed that we still don't know how to win a game. If Garde thinks he can win another ten games then he hasn't a clue. We aren't going to pay the kind of wages to attract top quality battling players in January, and they are the only kind who may (just may) get us some points.

I believe that our season is over and we are now just going through the motions. Championship football next season is 99% guaranteed.
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum