Relegation?

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Relegation?

Post by villabromsgrove on Sat Nov 07, 2015 8:51 pm

Guzan, Hutton, Clark, Sanchez, Gestede, and Amavi (French u21's) Ilori Portugese U21's).
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by South London Villan on Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:10 am

Not trying to give anyone palpitations but Gabby is fit to play.

Surely someone now must look at Gabby and see him as the Grim Reaper of Football Managers
South London Villan
Private
Private

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie on Sun Nov 08, 2015 3:51 am

If I see Gabby on the teamsheet tomorrow (er, well later today, now) I think I'll feel like crying.

Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Location : Looking forward to a local derby against Burton Albion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:27 pm

I hope you got some sleep, and didn't have nightmares Sandie!
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Sun Nov 15, 2015 11:31 am

Ray Wilkins thinks we'll be relegated after the terrible start to the season we've experienced. He doesn't think our players have the "quality". Damn cheek coming from the timid mouse who wouldn't tell Sherwood he was crippling Villa by freezing out our best players!

Shut it Wilkins .... you've helped to cause this situation, with your big headed mate and his super ego, and a clueless Chairman.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-down-ray-wilkins-10445141?
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie on Sun Nov 15, 2015 3:18 pm

Back when he and Sherwood were calling the shots he said we'd stay up...

In the short couple of weeks since then we've employed a competent manager and drawn with the best team in the division.
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Fri Nov 20, 2015 9:36 am

Has Ray Wilkins stopped to consider that we may well have the quality to survive, and that the reason we're in the sh*t is because of crap coaching and management? He's talking to the media on a daily basis as though Villa was never anything to do with him personally! cyclops  Mad
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie on Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:44 pm

It's an article on a betting site obviously designed to get people betting on us to stay up but we must clutch whatever straws we can

After flirting with relegation relentlessly in recent seasons, one of the longest running will-they-won’t-they sagas in Premier League history looks set to finish with Aston Villa finally taking home their prize.

At several points of previous campaigns, it looked as though the Villans were determined to be demoted, before bottling at the last to save themselves.

Results this time around, however, might indicate they’re ready to commit to a life in the Championship, but for all those wishing the Midlanders would just get it over with already, their great escape odyssey could yet continue.

Villa are 1/5 to relegated having lost 3-2 at home to Watford last time out, but there are ample signs that suggest they will still wriggle off the chopping block, despite having fewer points at this stage than Derby of 2007/08, who went down with the lowest tally in Premier League history, did.

Here are just a couple…

They’re creating chances
Forging opportunities and missing them must be considered more encouraging than not creating any at all.

In the aforementioned Hornets reverse, Villa fashioned 12 chances, half of which were from open play, against one of the meanest backlines in the Premier League.

Showing similar creative prowess against lesser defences will see rewards reaped.

Sunderland have shown, once again, how quickly fortunes can be reversed
The Black Cats – now 3/5 for the drop – have won two in the spin to climb out of the relegation zone for the first time this season, putting a two-point gap between themselves and the bottom three.

Two successive victories is hardly an impossible task in a league where anyone is beatable, a fact of which we’re so frequently reminded, and with well over half of the campaign remaining, Remi Garde has plenty of time to turn things around.

It’s as close as ever in the basement
Just four points divide 14th from 18th at the time of writing, with Swansea’s plight demonstrating how a side seemingly assured of safety can be sucked into the skirmish.

Bournemouth and Norwich are managed by Premier League rookies, the former containing plenty more on the playing staff, while Newcastle continue to emphatically underwhelm and Sunderland have every elite outfit with the exception of Manchester United left to play twice.

Catch up opportunities will arise.
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:05 pm

Our problem is that we don't just have to worry about the opposition beating us, we're more than capable of beating ourselves. At the moment it doesn't matter who we play or even how well we play, because we will always make enough suicidally stupid mistakes to throw the game away.

The bookies have got the odds right as usual.
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie on Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:32 pm

We need to suddenly go from our awful form in the first 14 games (barely above a third of a point per game) to at least midtable form (1.25-1.35 points depending on whether 35-40 points are needed to survive). That's an overnight transformation that's beyond us. We could bring in new blood in Jan but by then an even greater transformation will be required and It'll be a hard sell persuading new players to join.
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Sun Nov 29, 2015 4:25 pm

No match of the day, no streams, so being able to watch Villa will depend on buying a ticket next season.
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie on Sun Nov 29, 2015 4:42 pm

A mate of mine runs one of the American Lions Clubs and was saying similar to me. They host the odd big meet for their members at TV games and if we get relegated that can't happen. They can't find a bar that has a subscription for the broadcaster who does Championship games over there. So for them the whole social thing will be gone or at least much reduced.
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Sun Nov 29, 2015 4:58 pm

Sandie wrote:A mate of mine runs one of the American Lions Clubs and was saying similar to me. They host the odd big meet for their members at TV games and if we get relegated that can't happen. They can't find a bar that has a subscription for the broadcaster who does Championship games over there. So for them the whole social thing will be gone or at least much reduced.  
Villa has been a way of life for so many people who aren't able to get to games in person .... sadly that's going to change. Proud history, no future! Thank's to you Randy.
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan on Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:42 pm

I'll be the one voice of hope. I still think we can do it, we may not, but we CAN!! teams DO go on runs, it happens, there's always one that suddenly springs to life, it could be us. At least we're not 7 points from safety with 8 games to go, we have time. Admittedly things need to change and fast. It's a funny old game though and we may get points where we don't expect them, two wins can easily turn into four and then you have confidence sky high and the momentum takes over. It's somehow reversing the momentum and getting the tide to turn. We need a lucky goal, in off Ayew's arse and for the defence to somehow hold firm, things can build on one win. Yes it should have been against Watford, but it may be against someone we don't expect.

3 Games ago we were looking at 3 points from the 3 fixture, so we're two down on that. A couple of wins and things look a lot brighter and confidence a lot higher.

Will it happen? Who knows, but it CAN!! I'm still just believing we can do this, but then I've always been a bit of a dreamer Cool Shocked Very Happy
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:16 pm

It would take something very special to complete an escape worthy of Harry Houdini! I haven't seen any evidence so far that Villa are a TEAM that can produce something really special. I've put TEAM in bold because there in lies our problem. We are a bunch of differing individuals who have bought to play together in one system that will only ever suit some of them at any given time.

It's because of a lack of a cohesive buying plan that we've ended up with two totally different "half teams", and looking at it right now, the jigsaw cannot be fitted together.
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum