Relegation?

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Relegation?

Post by Sandie on Sun May 01, 2016 8:13 pm

I'd love to send Newcastle down again, they're still bitter after all these years: http://www.themag.co.uk/2016/05/aston-villa-fans-newcastle-question-answered-7-years-newcastle-united/

They need to get over themselves. I really don't mind opposition fans taking the piss as, by christ, our team, managers and owner all richly deserve it. I'd be able to see the funny side in what they have to say, probably. Schadenfreude means that opposition fans always love to see a big club struggle and that goes for us, Newcastle or any other club of that level. I can accept it, why can't those delicate flowers? Why are they still nursing grudges SEVEN years later? The irony is that they've started carping and counting their chickens before they should. They can still go down with us.

As an aside, is it just me that can't believe that was as long as seven years ago? Feels like yesterday. Probably because I've tried very hard to forget about six of the seasons since then.
Sandie

Location : Looking forward to a local derby against Burton Albion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Mon May 02, 2016 10:39 am

I hope Newcastle stay up purely on the basis of who we have to battle against next season.
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan on Mon May 02, 2016 1:30 pm

I've weighed up the pros and cons of Newcastle coming down with us. On one hand it's another big club to challenge us, on the other hand it's another big club for other teams to have a cup final against. So pros and cons I think. It would be rather funny if they did come down though. They're so self important and entitled, it would serve them right.

I hope the atmosphere at VP this weekend is more akin to the Watford game than it has been at home in recent weeks. Let's party and show the 'Toon' that nobody takes the pee out of us, quite as well as we do ourselves, whilst making their situation even harder.
GadgetMan
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie on Mon May 02, 2016 3:24 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:I hope Newcastle stay up purely on the basis of who we have to battle against next season.

I think of the three involved, Newcastle are the ones I'd most like to come down. Sunderland have Allardyce and a few decent players who will stick around and Norwich didn't really throw money at the PL so will keep their players and be cash rich placing them to do a Burnley. Newcastle, however, have Rafa (who will likely leave if relegated) and a number of players who will also leave. They'll have the risk of being put into a tailspin. The fact that they're being whiny, entitled, bitter arses about us taking the piss and it's a convenient (for me) away day would just be the icing on the cake.
Sandie

Location : Looking forward to a local derby against Burton Albion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Mon May 02, 2016 7:12 pm

I always used think we had a chance when we played Sunderland or Norwich. Newcastle were more of "a draw will be a decent result". Maybe it's just me.
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum