Relegation?

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Relegation?

Post by villabromsgrove on Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:57 pm

http://talksport.com/football/tim-sherwood-and-i-would-have-kept-aston-villa-premier-league-ray-wilkins-160407191168?

Fortunately there's always a good laugh to had as a Villa fan. Today's laugh comes from Ray Wilkins (old rent a quote himself!). Didn't he and Sherwood have one lucky win in ten games before they were sacked?

Thanks for the giggle Ray.
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie on Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:41 pm

Sherwood would have been better off with a cardboard cutout assisting him than Uncle Fester. Having Sherwood without his previous trusted assistant Chris Ramsey made a poor manager even worse.
Sandie

Location : Looking forward to a local derby against Burton Albion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:51 pm

Sandie wrote:Sherwood would have been better off with a cardboard cutout assisting him than Uncle Fester. Having Sherwood without his previous trusted assistant Chris Ramsey made a poor manager even worse.
We'll never know whether Ramsey would have made a difference to Sherwood's management at Villa, but I suspect he would have been a better coach. Sherwood's arrogance and lack of experience would still have caught up with him imo.
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Sat Apr 16, 2016 5:41 pm

I suppose we need to acknowledge that it's actually happened.

16 - 04 - 2016

Aston Villa relegated from the Premier League.

Lerner, managers and players can hang there heads in shame.

I would love to end this post by saying "we'll be back", but until I see our plans for next season in black and white I can't say that.

As it stands today there's not a hope in hell .... it's now down to our new football board to convince us otherwise. I'm not going to hold my breath while waiting.
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie on Sat Apr 16, 2016 6:07 pm

I'm giving the board the benefit of the doubt for now. They have everything to prove and their credibility could take a damaging if they fail to prove it. There's some knowledgeable people there. They should be able to look at the situation and know what is required?

I believe that they have no option to make a top quality managerial appointment then allow that manager to substantially overhaul the playing squad. I'm not naive enough to think our return will be immediate. There are simply too many boils to lance. A couple of seasons to rebuild then we'll be back.
Sandie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Harte on Sat Apr 16, 2016 9:29 pm

It's over.

What a relief.

Chris Harte
Private
Private

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim Villan on Sat Apr 16, 2016 11:18 pm

Joleon Lescott's comment about a weight being lifted from the players shoulders is  absolutely disgraceful. If the New board are serious about turning Villa around then they need to ensure that he never plays another game for Villa again. "A weight lifted from the players shoulders" is this man for real, either he shares the same iQ as Forest Gump or he genuinely just doesn't care about the fact that were relegated from the premier league in shameful manner and the very real  chance that we will not be back anytime soon. The fact that he feels like he can say something like that just goes to show how much we need a strong manager. Imagine if MON had still been manager and a player made a ridiculous and disrespectful comment like that. Moyes is the man we need but if we dint get him I'm almost warming to the idea of getting Pearson in, even if its just so he can kick the likes of Lescott, Richars Gabby and Bacunas arses.

I wonder how many fans are feeling as though a weight has lifted from their shoulders tonight? As a fan I'm feeling genuine trepidation about our future,  feeling Shameful of how bad our seasons has been, feeling embarrassed about the generally apathy that has taken hold of our once great and ambitious club and even us fans, apathy that is a direct result of the spectacular lack of ambition and repression inflicted by our great custodian  Randolf couldn't give a shit couldn't give s**t Lerner. lets hope that we have people at the club now in charge, who actually care, lets hope Tim nice but Dim Lerner stays well away from any decision making especially in the area of fiscal budgeting. If these two things happen it would give us at least a chance of winning back are pride and getting back to the league that we belong in.

Last edited by Jim Villan on Sat Apr 16, 2016 11:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jim Villan
Private
Private

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim Villan on Sat Apr 16, 2016 11:26 pm

In terms of New manager, we cant afford to wait for the summer it will be far too late to be a able to analyse the squad, shift players on, identify, buy players and mould them together as a team. They have to appoint the manager now so he can assess the squad before the end of the season and have a very clear recruitment plan in place before the transfer window opens in the summer, there is no time to lose, the task ahead is monumental the aim is clear we must get promoted next year, there is no other option otherwise we will be just another big club trapped in the Championship. I hope our new board understand the urgency required.

Last edited by Jim Villan on Sun Apr 17, 2016 7:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Jim Villan
Private
Private

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie on Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:30 am

Good points JV. I definitely agree that we need to get a manager on board PDQ. Would it be enough to have one on board playing just a watching brief to assess players, I wonder? But whatever happens he needs to be onboard and thinking things over right now. I also agree with what you say regarding so-called Villa fan Lescott. For an experienced player he has come across like an idiot. From pocket tweets through ill-conceived comments to shambolic performances. He should have been dropped permanently a long time ago. Black, who's thought processes are even more difficult to understand than Lescott's, won't do it for some reason though.

I do think, though, that an immediate return might be asking too much. What we need to do is get a good manager, have Lerner commit to two years of backing for the manager with promotion being the target in the second year. We will be in a situation that we will need to built a team that is almost completely new (are any of the current players worth keeping?) and with the chance of two other big clubs following us down in Newcastle and Sunderland and the inevitable surprise packages also in that league. In that context immediate automatic promotion might be difficult though I think the playoffs (always a lottery) shoulve be the minimum expectation. Players will need time to gel and form a unit.
Sandie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Sun Apr 17, 2016 2:12 pm

Good post Jim. We need to appoint the very best manager we can get if we want to turn this around. Not just "a" manager, but "the" manager. It's over to you Hollis and Bernstein.
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Harte on Thu Apr 28, 2016 1:37 pm

Has anyone seen the footage of male, hugely overweight, shirtless, fully-grown Villa fans sobbing over relegation yet...

Chris Harte
Private
Private

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie on Thu Apr 28, 2016 2:43 pm

I haven't, does it exist? I think so far we've taken it with dignity (which is something the players haven't shown all season) probably partly because of how long we have had to get used to the idea.

I do think we might see some people fitting most of that description (apart from the Villa fans bit!) on May 7th though.
Sandie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Thu Apr 28, 2016 3:28 pm

You make a good point Chris. Relegation is usually a torrid and emotional experience. Lerner can't even get relegation right!

He's turned us into the elderly relative who's been hovering around the edge of this mortal coil for years. Then the poor old bugger finally succumbs. No tears at this funeral, it's just such a relief to finally get the inevitable over with.
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie on Sat Apr 30, 2016 5:49 pm

Who do we want to come down with us? I started subscribing to the theory that I wouldn't want both of the North East teams down as it would make it more difficult for us next season. However, I now wonder whether Norwich would be a bigger problem. They're a club who has become accustomed to a bit of yo-yoing and will end up pocketing Premiership riches for one season in the top flight. Newcastle and Sunderland, like ourselves, are established PL clubs with everything geared towards that. They will struggle more as a result?
Sandie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Sat Apr 30, 2016 6:03 pm

Sandie wrote:Who do we want to come down with us? I started subscribing to the theory that I wouldn't want both of the North East teams down as it would make it more difficult for us next season. However, I now wonder whether Norwich would be a bigger problem. They're a club who has become accustomed to a bit of yo-yoing and will end up pocketing Premiership riches for one season in the top flight. Newcastle and Sunderland, like ourselves, are established PL clubs with everything geared towards that. They will struggle more as a result?
I don't think we could contend with any of the possible three other relegation candidates. Everything needs to change and then we can see whether or not we've made the right changes. As it stands we don't have a cat in hells chance next season.

I would perhaps favour Norwich because of their lack of cash, and possibly Newcastle because Benitez will probably leave, although they may well attract another good manager and they do have cash. Sunderland have big Sam and I would expect him to do well in the Championship if they go down.
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum