Sherwood SACKED

Page 2 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Should Sherwood be sacked as Villa Manager?

82% 82% 
[ 9 ]
18% 18% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 11

Re: Sherwood SACKED

Post by villabromsgrove on Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:09 pm

I expect to see a total change of "tactics" against Stoke. Sherwood cannot get away with his "try and stay in the game as long as we can" approach. He has to play to our strengths and pick a team that play attacking football.

Adama Traore should be given Sinclair's number 10 role and make his exciting runs using his devastating speed at the centre of the box, where he can choose to go both ways, instead of being squeezed against the right touchline and becoming predictable. Gil could play wide right, Grealish wide left and Gana and Vertout could provide the ammo from behind Traore.

Gestede scored a couple of typical "Rudy" goals against Liverpool, but Tim has to be brave and play Ayew with the midfield that I've suggested. Rudy just wouldn't fit in with the pace and movement of the ball on the floor.

We shouldn't use the midfield to block holes in the defence, instead let the back four do their own job, and work on the basis that we're going to score more goals than Stoke and take the three points.

It's called playing football without fear Tim!
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan on Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:38 pm

It will be interesting to see how this pans out. Given Fox appointed him, I wonder how he'll feel about potentially having to sack him? I guess he can fall back on the main objective being staying safe last year and he did that (so fox didn't fail, or at least he'll tell himself that) so maybe there won't be too much sentiment involved if the worst is needed.

What then though? We won't appoint another untried manager will we? Id of thought we'd be back to managers with EPL experience. So Big Sam, Rodgers if available, who else?

So I think he should be given until end of November, but will the board see it this way or have they bought into the idea that it's another year of struggle given the untested players? It seems that the plan was to get sold and then kick on. Well we know how that went. One thing for sure is we HAVE to stay up. Where have we heard this before?!.....
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:55 pm

I don't think that sentiment will come into it as far as Fox is concerned. He knows the stakes better than anyone. If we remain in the Premier League Villa can reap huge financial rewards next season. On a personal level Fox will do exceptionally well out of our membership of the PL.

If we fail, the club and his reputation (and probably his job) will disappear into oblivion. I'm sure he's talking to Randy and Hendrik Almstadt about when to pull the trigger, and I also think that a short list of managers has been drawn up. It's what I would do, and Fox has to be brighter than me.
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by gdav on Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:48 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:I expect to see a total change of "tactics" against Stoke. Sherwood cannot get away with his "try and stay in the game as long as we can" approach. He has to play to our strengths and pick a team that play attacking football.

Adama Traore should be given Sinclair's number 10 role and make his exciting runs using his devastating speed at the centre of the box, where he can choose to go both ways, instead of being squeezed against the right touchline and becoming predictable. Gil could play wide right, Grealish wide left and Gana and Vertout could provide the ammo from behind Traore.

Gestede scored a couple of typical "Rudy" goals against Liverpool, but Tim has to be brave and play Ayew with the midfield that I've suggested. Rudy just wouldn't fit in with the pace and movement of the ball on the floor.

We shouldn't use the midfield to block holes in the defence, instead let the back four do their own job, and work on the basis that we're going to score more goals than Stoke and take the three points.

It's called playing football without fear Tim!

I'd love to see that team. It's what I've wanted to see for a while now but with Clarke playing instead of lescott but only until Okore's fit again.
gdav
Private
Private

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:22 pm

It was good to see Okore get 90 minutes under his belt against the Baggies reserves yesterday (even if we did lose 1-0).
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie on Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:30 pm

Traore impressed in that game: http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-scouting-report-adama-10154142 not much said really about Kozak or Okore.

Think Traore has to play against Stoke.
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Location : Looking forward to a local derby against Burton Albion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan on Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:44 pm

Sandie wrote:Traore impressed in that game: http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-scouting-report-adama-10154142 not much said really about Kozak or Okore.

Think Traore has to play against Stoke.

I think Traore will delight and frustrate in equal measures. He has bags of potential and blistering pace, however as of yet, no real feel as to when to run with the ball and when to pass it on. He will need to be nurtured and used in short bursts imo! If we're looking for him to be a match winner it will be in fits and bursts as opposed to anything remotely consistent. No doubt a huge talent, shame we don't have s more seasoned side to help blood him properly, same with grealish to some extent. Hw will be looked upon to do too much, too often, as others may fail to adapt quickly enough.

As for Okore, he can't get back quick enough for me. Another who could play right back if required too. As for Kozak, he must be shot of all confidence, he really should've been sent out on loan.
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Tue Sep 29, 2015 6:07 pm

I think a young man like Traore has the strength and fitness to compete against anyone. If our existing first team players were doing well then we could bed him in gently, but they're not and imo he can't do worse than we're doing now.

If we could guarantee we had a Premier League future next season, then again we could nurture our young players, but we don't have that luxury.

If we don't use then fully now, they wont have a PL future with Villa. They'll be cherry picked by the big clubs like Stoke and Crystal Palace, while we adjust to life in the Championship.
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:12 pm

The team that started against Liverpool and our current defensive tactics are not going to pull us out of the relegation zone. If we lose against Stoke and depending on how Bournemouth and the Baggies get on we could be 5 points adrift in our bottom three position, with a match at Stamford Bridge being next up and unwinnable most seasons, and definitely in our present state. After Chelsea the next five games may well be lost by the clueless bumbling that we call football at the moment, so that period between the Chelsea and Watford game would be the window of opportunity for a manager change.

Sherwood's head could roll sooner than we expect. It's time for big balls Tim!
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:28 pm

http://www.umaxit.com/index.php/columns/desperate-times-call-for-tim-sherwood?

This is an article that I've not seen before. It was penned in February before Sherwood joined Villa. What do you think guys?
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie on Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:26 pm

I remember reading that when he was first linked with the job. I remember convincing myself it was wrong after his first few weeks in charge.
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:28 am

Tim Sherwood has two home matches left. If we don't get points against Stoke and Swansea we need to realise that he isn't going to keep us up, and act accordingly. Tom Fox must make plans now, in case the rot continues until Sat Oct 24th.
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie on Thu Oct 01, 2015 3:43 pm

Like I said in my blog post, it's going to get a bit grim if we lose to Stoke. We need points to buy us some time for Project Sherwood.
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie on Sat Oct 03, 2015 5:50 pm

A poll has now been added.

I'm feeling fickle tonight and as much as I like Tim's personality and even though I was saying he should get time earlier in the week I'm starting to think enough is enough. To be honest, the only reason I have pause for thought is that if he goes now a new manager would be thrust into a tough run of games and it might be worth hanging on to give a new boss an easy set of games to produce the new manager bounce.

When this thread started, the question was 'How long does Tim Sherwood get before fans turn?' and I heard the post game boos tonight loud and clear. The mood is also dark on Facebook/Twitter after a questionable selection too so I think today might be the last straw for some folk.

However, I don't think Lerner/Fox will sack him yet.
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan on Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:36 pm

I too think it's time. He looks like a beaten man (the same look we had from Eck and Lambert) He barely got off his chair today and look uninterested post match.

He hasn't evolved and adapted and looks panicked. He changed the formation (a big change) and then promptly abandoned it at HT, the actions of a man that has lost sight of what he's trying to do.

He's a nice chap and I wouldn't want to see him go through what Lambert did. So I think a parting of ways should happen sooner rather than later. It looks like Sunderland are taking action (they like us just survived last year and struggling this year) and Newcastle can't be ruled out making a change, so we need to be proactive and do it sooner rather than later. We got lucky staying up last year, by rights we should of dropped. Let's not tempt fate again please.

An ideal scenario for me would be for Tim to walk and point the finger of blame firmly at Lerner's door. Imagine a full expose on just how bad RL is running the club, can't buy proven quality and therefore needed to buy untested players etc! That there's a rotten core to the club that can't be undone by a relatively inexperienced manager in the short term. He gets to save a little face, the fans will understand and it will give us full momentum in forcing Lerner's hand a little. Sell or properly invest to get this club sorted.

A man can dream right?! Either way, his time us up for me. 4 points from 30. We've been shocking since the Southampton game last season and don't look like getting better anytime soon.

I was concerned he had the 'new manager bounce' last season and he wasn't suited to the long haul. I fear I was right. He needs to go for me.

What are the arguments for him to stay?
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top