Sherwood SACKED

Page 1 of 19 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Should Sherwood be sacked as Villa Manager?

82% 82% 
[ 9 ]
18% 18% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 11

Sherwood SACKED

Post by GadgetMan on Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:24 pm

So the question is, As fans who have suffered 5 consecutive relegations scraps, Tim came in and promised last season would be the last. With that in mind he said after the Liverpool game, the sole aim is to stay up this year and we're in a fight to survive. Is that acceptable and how long does Tim get to turn it around at VP?

For me if we see no signs of a recovery come the end of October, I'd be asking serious and stern questions regarding his future (I appreciate I may not be that tolerant) So how long do YOU give him before saying enough is enough?

Last edited by GadgetMan on Sat Oct 03, 2015 5:10 pm; edited 2 times in total
GadgetMan
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sherwood SACKED

Post by villabromsgrove on Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:37 pm

In the normal way of things I would like to see Tim given all the time he needs to figure this management game out. Unfortunately you've hit the nail on the head when you say that we are perennial relegation strugglers. I'm convinced that a combination of inexperienced players and an inexperienced manager will prove to be the straw that broke the camel's back.

If we have less than ten points after the match against Watford at Villa Park on November 28th, then I would say at that point Tim Sherwood should be replaced. It may even be too late by that time depending on how other teams change and progress.
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan on Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:00 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:In the normal way of things I would like to see Tim given all the time he needs to figure this management game out. Unfortunately you've hit the nail on the head when you say that we are perennial relegation strugglers. I'm convinced that a combination of inexperienced players and an inexperienced manager will prove to be the straw that broke the camel's back.

If we have less than ten points after the match against Watford at Villa Park on November 28th, then I would say at that point Tim Sherwood should be replaced. It may even be too late by that time depending on how other teams change and progress.

I think that would be a fair amount of time and an outcome Tim could hardly argue with. 4 points from 27 is BAD however you look at it and we don't look like picking up any points soon. Lerner can't be relied upon to make these decisions and given we don't have a chairman (more lies by RL) then the buck stops with Fox. I'm not sure I trust him. Maybe the SD from Arsenal was Fox's way of having someone with whom he knew and trusted to advise on footballing matters? We will see if we're still struggling in a few weeks. The crowd has already started booing and we know that can get pretty bad pretty quick once it starts.
GadgetMan
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie on Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:37 pm

I've said it before but I think the next game is crucial. It won't necessarily mark where fans will turn but it will be an opportunity to buy some time. I know there's no such thing as an easy game in the premier league but it's our easiest game in the next two months before we face Watford. Lose to Stoke and suddenly we have a run of games that could see us sink further and further into trouble unless we pick up unexpected points.

It could well get a bit nasty in that run if we don't pick up points.
Sandie

Location : Looking forward to a local derby against Burton Albion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Harte on Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:08 pm

It is a young team, but that isn't an excuse any more. As fans we've seen far too many seasons of struggle.

I think the last League Cup result bought Sherwood a bit of time but for me we've simply got to start winning home games. It's no good saying there isn't an easy game in the Premier League.

If we don't win two out of the next four at home (Stoke, Swansea, Man City and Watford, taking us up to the end of November) then maybe we should call it quits.

That said, who would we bring in?

Chris Harte
Private
Private

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:27 pm

With the type of players we've bought, Brendan Rodgers may well be a decent fit when Jurgen Klopp takes over at Liverpool in a couple of weeks. Or did Sherwood f*ck that up for us with our pathetic display on Saturday? There aren't many choices if Anchelotti turns us down! Very Happy
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan on Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:38 pm

Bielsa (sp?) the guy that quit Marseille, knows the french players very well and is a great coach. Untested in the EPL, but I'd love a maverick like him, but we'll probably go for another steady eddy or unspectacular type in Rodgers or Allardyce. Whilst we won't allow managers to buy ready made EPL players we will struggle to attract any credible manager. It's why Lambert got so long and why Tim got the job to start with.

Best thing that can happen for us short term is that Sherwood finds his balls again and starts truly setting up to go at teams, as opposed to this nervous edgy stuff he has us playing. 'The Lambert way' as I like to call it. I agree on the end of November being a reasonable timeframe. If he hasn't turned it around it will give a new guy plenty of time to do so and a transfer window (which RL would hate)
GadgetMan
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:56 pm

Bielsa is a very technical manager and would probably need a more experienced group of players to get the most out of his methods. Does he speak English?
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie on Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:05 pm

Rodgers is terrible.

If Tim does go I suspect we'll go for the same type of manager we have done the last two times. A relatively untested, flavour of the month one who has had maybe one successful season somewhere. Someone who will underestimate the size of the task we are and might just end up floundering and setting their career back.
Sandie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:09 pm

Sandie wrote:Rodgers is terrible.

If Tim does go I suspect we'll go for the same type of manager we have done the last two times. A relatively untested, flavour of the month one who has had maybe one successful season somewhere. Someone who will underestimate the size of the task we are and might just end up floundering and setting their career back.
Allardyce it is then.
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:14 pm

I have to be honest and say that Rodgers was the manager I wanted before Lambert was appointed. I think the fact that Liverpool have a transfer committee caused Rodgers all sorts of problems. I'm pretty sure that he didn't want a number of the players foisted upon him. I know he's now much maligned, but I think he's still got a good football brain if he's left to his own devices.
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie on Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:22 pm

I don't think Fat Sam would be the worst idea in the world, he certainly has experience. He's good at keeping teams in the league. That said, I think a lot of people would be against him to start with and his teams' style of football is about as sexy as the man himself.

With Rodgers there's always the chance that Liverpool is just the wrong job for him. But I think even ignoring his signings he's indecisive tactically and always seems to come across like a David Brent-type character.

Do wonder if we're not getting a little bit ahead of ourselves though, I don't think a Sherwood departure is too likely for the moment.
Sandie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:37 pm

I agree Sandy, I'm really only discussing this on a what if basis. I also agree about Allardyce being a no nonsense safer pair of hands, but I don't think he could do much with the type of players we have. He might keep us up though.
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Liberty on Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:19 pm

I've always said, "give him 10 matches" then we should be able to see (a) is HIS team good enough and (b) is HE good enough, that said 7 games in, I can see potential in both but we need points badly especially now at home.

Liberty
Private
Private

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:31 am

That's the problem Liberty 'we need points badly" and we don't yet know enough about Tim and the team to know if they can get the points. We're dealing with total inexperience and there's no reference point. The next few games are tough ones, but they have to decide Sherwood's future.
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 19 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum