Relegation Odds

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Relegation Odds

Post by South London Villan on Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:11 am

A quick look at the current odds for relegation we are second favourite to go down.
Sunderland are favourite with a best price of 2/7, we are next at 6/5 followed by Newcastle at 6/4, Norwich and Stoke at 7/2, Bournemouth and Watford at 9/2.

Am I being blinkered in thinking whilst our current points tally is not great we have a better squad than previous seasons and I expect us to start playing better and geting results that will result in us not having the squeaky sphincter in May?

Are these odds a true reflection of where we will be in May, second bottom?
South London Villan
Private
Private

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Relegation Odds

Post by villabromsgrove on Fri Sep 25, 2015 11:25 am

I think that the general public's opinion of Villa is of a weak relegation flirting team that has bought in inexperienced players alongside an inexperienced manager. We've lost two well known players and replaced them with unknowns. I think we have some good young players now, but whether it's fair to expect them to do the business for us in the next few months is debatable.

In May we could be anywhere in the bottom half of the league including the bottom three places.

At the moment I can only think of one weaker team in the league, and we couldn't beat them .... Sunderland!
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie on Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:29 pm

South London Villan wrote:Am I being blinkered in thinking whilst our current points tally is not great we have a better squad than previous seasons and I expect us to start playing better and geting results that will result in us not having the squeaky sphincter in May?

I don't think so, though that might be because that's exactly what I think too. We just need to find and get our best side and get them all fit and playing and mamager and a couple of the players to learn a few lessons.

I will say though the premier league is looking like a very tough place this season. Sunderland aside I don't think there's a poor team (or at least a team without potential) in the league. Pre-season I was expecting Stoke and Newcastle to (like us) have solid seasons.

Of course, the reason that we're second favourite is that people have been looking at our performances and backing us to go down and I obviously reserve the right to be miserable as hell and start thinking we're doomed if we lose our next five.

Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Location : Looking forward to a local derby against Burton Albion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:35 am

We are currently 10/11 across the board to be relegated. We are also rock bottom of the PL form league for the last six matches. The WORST team out of 20 teams! It's simply not good enough.
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum