Leicester v Aston Villa : Sunday 13th September @ King Power Stadium 4pm kick off.

Page 4 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

King Power or Villa Power?

44% 44% 
[ 4 ]
33% 33% 
[ 3 ]
22% 22% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 9

Re: Leicester v Aston Villa : Sunday 13th September @ King Power Stadium 4pm kick off.

Post by villabromsgrove on Sat Sep 12, 2015 7:27 pm

Jim Villan wrote:Right it's time for players, manager, fans, everybody associated with Aston Villa to stand up and get some self belief. I'm sick of reading about how hard it is going to be to play the likes of leicester, crystal palace etc. The reason it's hard is because those sides have BALLS, they play with great determination, go out positively to win games , they have self belief and a plan, every player in the side seems to know their function and role. Granted they have some decent players, but so do we and were ASTON VILLA.

Time to raise our standards and start winning football matches and not just dare to hope, that if we have a fantastic season, we might just be able to scrape a midtable finish. Everybody at the club must have the attitude that this club belongs in the top 8 and anything else is a categoric failure. Yes we might come up short, but unless we start thinking bigger we will continue to flatter to deceive and be looking nervously over our shoulders come March.

IMO tomorrows match is pivotable to the season and I know that seems ridiclous to be saying as its match 5 but we all know football hinges on momentum and when you've got so many new players, new to the league in most cases young, unless we get in a winning habbit early then confidence could slip away on an individual level and as a group. Next two fixtures Leic and West Brom we need 4 points bare minimum because after those fixtures we go on to play Liverpool, Stoke, Chelsea, Swansea, Tottenham, Man City, Everton. If we go into those fixtures with no confidence, it's highly likely we will go on our perineal losing streak and the season will have slipped away even before we realise it.  

There is no room for excuses, I don't really want to hear about how this and that player could have a great future or its going to take these players a while to gel, while that may well be a stark reality why focus on it and go into games with a weak mentality. Tomorrow is must win in my mind to provide a spring board and momentum to carry forward into this first quater if the season.

LETS GET SOME BALLS AND REALISE WERE ASTON VILLA
Absolutely love it Jim .... will you be available to do an inspirational team talk tomorrow?
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Leicester v Aston Villa : Sunday 13th September @ King Power Stadium 4pm kick off.

Post by Jim Villan on Sat Sep 12, 2015 7:38 pm

I can be available for a fee, probably too expensive for Randy Laughing
Jim Villan
Private
Private

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie on Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:05 pm

Great post Jim and you're bang on about us needing some momentum. I keep saying it but I don't know what to make of us this season, I want us to show something that can settle the nagging doubts I have. I look at the league table and I see some good teams below us and think we need to start accruing points early on in the season. We've got the players to get those points, IMO, so they should just get on with it.

To be honest, I think Sherwood has exactly the kind of attitude you want but maybe his tactics don't always show that if it makes sense?
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Location : Looking forward to a local derby against Burton Albion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim Villan on Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:57 pm

I know what you mean Sandie, The slightly negative tactics are contradictory to Sherwood's bullish demeanour. I think Tim should look to go back to basics, when he first arrived he looked to play a simple, direct, high tempo brand of football and he looked to be positive and get at teams. He seems to have gone a bit more tactical towards end of last season and beginning of this. Sounds like I'm being negative about sherwood, I really like sherwood but i am slightly worried when i here him talking about looking at the option of 3 at the back etc. The most successful manager of premier league history Sir Alex Ferguson didn't care to much for tactics, rather focusing on getting at teams for 90 mins through width and pace, counter attacking and direct play, and a unerring sense of belief of winning football matches, wether that was the first minute of the match or the last. Simplicity is the key for me!
Jim Villan
Private
Private

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Sat Sep 12, 2015 9:14 pm

I've said before that I've been concerned about Tim's approach to matches, from the hammering against Southampton when we got it totally wrong on the day, right through until now. I want to see us play to our players strengths instead of trying to contain the opposition. We've brought some talented players but the longer we take to allow them to get out on the pitch and do what they do best, the less confidence these players will have. We know what we get when we play Gabby, Hutton, Sanchez etc. So let's trust our new guys and give them plenty of playing time. Same old thing will not be good enough Tim.
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:30 am

Today's the day .... will we see this winning mentality that Tim has spoken about? Right across the board, from manager, coaches and players. We cannot be second best to Leicester, no matter how well their team is playing.

Pride dictates that we go out there and beat this lot .... nothing else will do.
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:26 pm

Everybody has written us off for this afternoon's match against Leicester. The bookies and the pundits think we'll lose, so what does that say about Villa?

This is the fifth game of the season so we can begin to draw conclusions after this match. So far we have one goal and one assist from open play, which points to a continuing lack of creativity, yet Gil has only played for 23 minutes so far. Grealish and Traore have had fitness problems, but unless we play with at least two of our three major creative players on the pitch together we're going to struggle.

Veretout has missed the last two games, and if Gana isn't fit then JV must start today. If it's the same old Westwood/Sanchez pairing with Hutton ploughing up and down the right wing we're going to struggle.

I don't mind losing if we've gone out with the right team selection and bust a gut trying to win the match. I won't accept picking a team to contain the opposition and still losing by the odd goal. Am I asking too much?
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Morddred on Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:38 pm

Again this is a game where the performance is important, but not as important as getting at least a point. If we fall too far it becomes a battle to stay up, even after five games, and teams will fancy their chances against us. What we need is to win a few games, get some self belief and let other teams know we ain't an easy game.
I would take a lucky, dirty, scrappy win if that's how we have get it.
Morddred
Private
Private

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:56 pm

Morddred wrote:Again this is a game where the performance is important, but not as important as getting at least a point.  If we fall too far it becomes a battle to stay up, even after five games, and teams will fancy their chances against us.  What we need is to win a few games, get some self belief and let other teams know we ain't an easy game.
I would take a lucky, dirty, scrappy win if that's how we have get it.
I would take that "lucky, dirty, scrappy win" as long as we set out to BEAT Leicester. I'm now officially fed up with sending out a team that tries to contain all the better teams out there. We got three undeserved points against Bournemouth when we were comprehensively outplayed. We only got one point against Sunderland because we picked the wrong team (even though we still had plenty of shots off target).

My point is that since the Southampton match, Tim's clearly decided to try to contain other teams and hope to snatch something. The players he's bought won't win matches playing like that, so it has to change.

Edit: I've just re read this post and it's a bit unfair considering that we did batter Sunderland last match, even if we ended up with just a point. (I still think we picked the wrong team though)
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan on Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:58 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:
Jim Villan wrote:Right it's time for players, manager, fans, everybody associated with Aston Villa to stand up and get some self belief. I'm sick of reading about how hard it is going to be to play the likes of leicester, crystal palace etc. The reason it's hard is because those sides have BALLS, they play with great determination, go out positively to win games , they have self belief and a plan, every player in the side seems to know their function and role. Granted they have some decent players, but so do we and were ASTON VILLA.

Time to raise our standards and start winning football matches and not just dare to hope, that if we have a fantastic season, we might just be able to scrape a midtable finish. Everybody at the club must have the attitude that this club belongs in the top 8 and anything else is a categoric failure. Yes we might come up short, but unless we start thinking bigger we will continue to flatter to deceive and be looking nervously over our shoulders come March.

IMO tomorrows match is pivotable to the season and I know that seems ridiclous to be saying as its match 5 but we all know football hinges on momentum and when you've got so many new players, new to the league in most cases young, unless we get in a winning habbit early then confidence could slip away on an individual level and as a group. Next two fixtures Leic and West Brom we need 4 points bare minimum because after those fixtures we go on to play Liverpool, Stoke, Chelsea, Swansea, Tottenham, Man City, Everton. If we go into those fixtures with no confidence, it's highly likely we will go on our perineal losing streak and the season will have slipped away even before we realise it.  

There is no room for excuses, I don't really want to hear about how this and that player could have a great future or its going to take these players a while to gel, while that may well be a stark reality why focus on it and go into games with a weak mentality. Tomorrow is must win in my mind to provide a spring board and momentum to carry forward into this first quater if the season.

LETS GET SOME BALLS AND REALISE WERE ASTON VILLA
Absolutely love it Jim .... will you be available to do an inspirational team talk tomorrow?

LOVE THIS!! If it counts, I have my chest pumped out and ready to run through walls UTV
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan on Sun Sep 13, 2015 3:06 pm

GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie on Sun Sep 13, 2015 3:09 pm

Said I thought Gabby might come back in...

We've certainly set out to attack. I don't see too much cover for the full backs so maybe we're trying to take advantage of space in midfield?
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Sun Sep 13, 2015 3:17 pm

I'm pleased to see Gil and Grealish starting, and also Bacuna. I'm not surprised to see Gabby in the team because Sherwood has been talking him up. Let's see if losing weight and extra training make a difference. I hope Veretout comes on with plenty of time left, same for Ayew and maybe Gestede if needed.

Now let's see whether we've packed the passion along with the lucozade!
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan on Sun Sep 13, 2015 3:32 pm

Keen to see if we can cut out the defensive frailties and silly mistakes with Lescott now orchestrating the defence.

Good to see Grealish and Gill both start. Maybe a similar set up to the FA cup SF v Liverpool where we effectively played with two no10's I want us to really get at them and show passion, pace, purpose and power. Let's see....

Jury is out for me long term on TS when it comes to just exactly how astute he is and how/if he can influence things on match days with team selection, tactics and substitutions or whether he is largely a man man manager who gets results that way. Either way we need to start creating our own luck and getting some impetus as well as points on board.

A rolling stone.....
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie on Sun Sep 13, 2015 4:00 pm

Come on you Villa boys!
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum