Non-Villa Games Thread

Page 18 of 19 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Non-Villa Games Thread

Post by villabromsgrove on Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:30 pm

Adama Traore has just come on as sub and according to the commentator "has just cut through the whole Spur's defence as though they were threading water"! Borough have just pulled a goal back.
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:54 pm

Adama Traore played for 90 minutes against Arsenal in the 0-0 draw. He was the most dangerous player on the pitch and got the highest ratings.

If you have a unique player with raw talent you play him. I hope he does well for them.
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie on Sun Oct 23, 2016 5:21 pm

There is a tremendous satisfaction in Man United being shit.
Sandie

Location : Looking forward to a local derby against Burton Albion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Harte on Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:09 pm

I was rather hoping that they and Chelsea could both have lost today.

Chris Harte
Private
Private

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:00 pm

I have actually lost interest in the Premier League to the point where I hardly watch SKY matches. The clubs are now a dim and painful memory of when we used to be thrashed every week. Supporting Villa has made me "one eyed' when it comes to football. I especially dislike the international breaks.
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by South London Villan on Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:31 pm

Same here VB, International football is turgid and does not excite me, Premier League holds no interest to me at the moment, I don't watch any of the games & haven't watched MOD all season.

I saw bits of Chelsea & Man U yesterday and it didn't hold my attention. I thought that it was trying to be too much like FIFA 17!
South London Villan
Private
Private

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie on Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:17 am

I was reading recently that audiences for Sky football are down 19%. Obviously, that's entirely down to our relegation.
Sandie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Harte on Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:26 am

Sandie wrote:I was reading recently that audiences for Sky football are down 19%. Obviously, that's entirely down to our relegation.
I would love that to be the case.

I also had the game on but struggled to pay it much attention. Admittedly, that was in part due to my five week old son, but I could easily have not watched the game at all.

If the viewing figures are down then maybe the size of the TV deals has peaked and the next one will be smaller. We might then see less mediocre foreign mercenaries coming here with the less money swilling around.

Chris Harte
Private
Private

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:58 pm

Chris Harte wrote:
Sandie wrote:I was reading recently that audiences for Sky football are down 19%. Obviously, that's entirely down to our relegation.
I would love that to be the case.

I also had the game on but struggled to pay it much attention. Admittedly, that was in part due to my five week old son, but I could easily have not watched the game at all.

If the viewing figures are down then maybe the size of the TV deals has peaked and the next one will be smaller. We might then see less mediocre foreign mercenaries coming here with the less money swilling around.
Congratulations on the birth of your son Chris. I've got an eleven week old grandson and he's a darling, but they take a lot of time and attention don't they.
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie on Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:44 pm

Chris Harte wrote:If the viewing figures are down then maybe the size of the TV deals has peaked and the next one will be smaller. We might then see less mediocre foreign mercenaries coming here with the less money swilling around.

And stop the incredible over-valuation of English players and players successful in the English divisions.

I suspect that that as well as the product losing its lustre there's a very strong element of less legitimate sources gaining very strongly in popularity. With some people's Sky subscriptions costing nearly as much per month as the repayment on a small car that isn't really surprising.
Sandie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Harte on Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:46 am

villabromsgrove wrote:Congratulations on the birth of your son Chris. I've got an eleven week old grandson and he's a darling, but they take a lot of time and attention don't they.
Oh yes, they do. It's been a very steep learning curve for us so far. But very satisfying all the same.

Sandie wrote:I suspect that that as well as the product losing its lustre there's a very strong element of less legitimate sources gaining very strongly in popularity. With some people's Sky subscriptions costing nearly as much per month as the repayment on a small car that isn't really surprising.
That's a very good point, actually.

Chris Harte
Private
Private

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by South London Villan on Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:33 pm

I saw something recently about viewing figures for BT football & many companies not seeing enough viewers to justify advertising.

A big issue to Sky is the availability and ease of streaming platforms such as Kodi. We have just got an android box and the availability of games is phenomenal, Bein sports have so many live channels on a Saturday afternoon with live games from all of the european leagues. It is a shame that EFL is not so readily available.

I think our Virgin package costs £130 a month but with the android box we can reduce that to the basic package with broadband and save £60-£70 a month.

The way we watch tv has changed, we tend to watch the Series such as Game of Thrones, Narcos, Breaking Bad etc once the season has finished when the boxsets are available in 1 chunk. My kids, 11 & 13, don't watch a lot of broadcast TV but instead watch Youtube channels.
South London Villan
Private
Private

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie on Wed Oct 26, 2016 3:45 pm

I'm getting a Kodi soon though I have no idea how such a thing will work. I wonder how long it will be before the football authorities and the rights holders will try to come down hard on such things?
Sandie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:05 pm

My last month's Sky bill was £142! I phoned their cancelation department and told them that I could buy a small Peugeot for only a tenner a month more. I suggested that unless they could do something for me (rather than just "new" customers) they could stick my account where the sun don't shine. They actually improved my account (TV/PHONE/BROADBAND) and reduced the bill by £40 approx per month for the next year. They told me that I need to start bending their ear again in about ten months time to improve my deal again.

£100 a month is still a lot to pay, but it shows that Sky are now aware that there are alternatives out there.
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie on Sat Oct 29, 2016 2:10 pm

Sunderland look this season's version of us last season.
Sandie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 19 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum