Guess the Crowd at VP

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Guess the Crowd at VP

Post by Sandie on Fri Aug 28, 2015 6:54 pm

GadgetMan wrote:
Sandie wrote:I usually only get down a few times a season at the moment (along with a couple of the nearer away games like Newcastle) living where I do.

Where about in Scotland are you Sandie? Only ever been twice, once to Glasgow to visit a pal and the other with an ex to Edinburgh, loved both times. Really want to go a bit higher and see some of the great scenery.  

I'm in Dunbar, it's half way down the A1 between Edinburgh and the English border. It's basically the commuter belt for Edinburgh these days. The North is amazing, I've not been to see too much of it either though. I keep meaning to take a couple of weeks to see places like Wester Ross and Applecross.
Sandie

Location : Looking forward to a local derby against Burton Albion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:33 pm

Sandie wrote:
GadgetMan wrote:
Sandie wrote:I usually only get down a few times a season at the moment (along with a couple of the nearer away games like Newcastle) living where I do.

Where about in Scotland are you Sandie? Only ever been twice, once to Glasgow to visit a pal and the other with an ex to Edinburgh, loved both times. Really want to go a bit higher and see some of the great scenery.  

I'm in Dunbar, it's half way down the A1 between Edinburgh and the English border. It's basically the commuter belt for Edinburgh these days. The North is amazing, I've not been to see too much of it either though. I keep meaning to take a couple of weeks to see places like Wester Ross and Applecross.
I use to drive past Dunbar regularly in the 70/80's, and it was a grand sight on a sunny day with a row of gothic hotels and the back drop of the North sea. I bet it's changed now!
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie on Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:44 pm

Quite a bit, loads of houses have been built right out to the A1 (because of people moving out here to commute) and there's a bypass so you don't have to drive through town any more. Still loads of hotels, even though one of them (the Belle Vue) burned down in the late eighties and flats have been built on the site.
Sandie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:55 pm

Sandie wrote:Quite a bit, loads of houses have been built right out to the A1 (because of people moving out here to commute) and there's a bypass so you don't have to drive through town any more. Still loads of hotels, even though one of them (the Belle Vue) burned down in the late eighties and flats have been built on the site.
I know things change Sandie, but it used to be quite a majestic sight of faded elegance. It was pure heath land from the A1 across to the hotels. Sometimes progress spoils things. Thanks for the update though.
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by South London Villan on Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:59 pm

Great vistas from the A roads, a talk by VB and Sandie. ITV would go for it.

"when I was young, it was all fields.........."
South London Villan
Private
Private

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan on Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:29 pm

Sandie wrote:
GadgetMan wrote:

Yeah I need a trip north of the border to see some of those amazing highlands and visit some single malt distilleries...
GadgetMan
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan on Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:30 pm

South London Villan wrote:Great vistas from the A roads, a talk by VB and Sandie. ITV would go for it.

"when I was young, it was all fields.........."

Haha It would be like the Brydon and Coogan series they did together. If you've not seen in, you must, really good stuff!!
GadgetMan
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Bald Eagle on Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:12 am

GadgetMan wrote:
Sandie wrote:37,123

Will you be one of those Sandie? I don't get down too often these days sadly, so I mostly watch on an Internet stream, with the occasional game thrown in.

Who on here gets down regularly? We're looking to get an away day diary from one of our posters who go to away games. Think it would make a good read.

I don't mind giving you something from away games.
The Bald Eagle
Private
Private

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:06 am

The Bald Eagle wrote:
GadgetMan wrote:

Will you be one of those Sandie? I don't get down too often these days sadly, so I mostly watch on an Internet stream, with the occasional game thrown in.

Who on here gets down regularly? We're looking to get an away day diary from one of our posters who go to away games. Think it would make a good read.

That would be great Bald Eagle, It's a view that not many of us get to share in person.
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan on Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:06 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:
The Bald Eagle wrote:
GadgetMan wrote:

That would be great Bald Eagle, It's a view that not many of us get to share in person.

Brilliant BE maybe a loose Timeline of sorts, covering the journey and subsequent build up and match itself from the away fan experience. That would be great!!
GadgetMan
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan on Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:43 pm

Liberty wrote:Im going for a half decent 35,390!

Liberty you're an incredible 9 off it was 35,399 well done, brilliant!!
GadgetMan
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Liberty on Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:14 pm

Thank you it was pure blind luck I promise you!!!!! Cool Cool

Liberty
Private
Private

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie on Mon Oct 19, 2015 3:43 pm

Anybody fancy having a bash at this for the Swansea game?

Think you can get closer than Liberty did?

Lets have your guesses, winner receives our adulation and a mention on the forum ticker!
Sandie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan on Mon Oct 19, 2015 3:49 pm

Ok, Well I think people may vote with their feet and we may see a lower turnout. I'm going for 31,257
GadgetMan
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie on Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:08 am

32,995 for me.
Sandie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next