Match day thread: Aston Villa V Notts County... Tues August 25th 7:45 Kick Off

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What will happen against the Magpies?

100% 100% 
[ 10 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
 
Total Votes : 10

Re: Match day thread: Aston Villa V Notts County... Tues August 25th 7:45 Kick Off

Post by South London Villan on Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:26 am

Tim has said Adama's knock don't look good, but Tim says a lot of things so don't be surprised when he starts against Sunderland
avatar
South London Villan
Private
Private

Posts : 349
Join date : 2015-08-21
Location : Big Smoke (SarfEast)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Match day thread: Aston Villa V Notts County... Tues August 25th 7:45 Kick Off

Post by Stratfordvilla on Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:49 am



Last night we learnt that we have a squad
Bunn -a more indecisive Guzan with the same distribution.
Richardson-crap defender had 20 mins at start if second half when he looked ok. You know you're rubbish when Baker slags off your positioning.
Sanchez - not a defender and really poor distribution for a midfielder
Baker- a caveman but I like him as a back up
Hutton - solid

Vertout -anonymous until ET
Gil -ran the first 70 minutes -brilliant. Can you play him and Jack on the same side?
Grealish - if he could cross would be top four, played really well
Adama - brilliant -young / inexperienced so his decision making needs improving

Sinclair, much, much better through the middle than the wing
Ayew - still not impressed, but he did try running into space, just doesn't understand the offside rule!

Stratfordvilla
Private
Private

Posts : 3
Join date : 2015-08-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Match day thread: Aston Villa V Notts County... Tues August 25th 7:45 Kick Off

Post by villabromsgrove on Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:56 am

A good old fashioned cup night with a fair bit of excitement. Another home tie against a small local side. I forget their name. Very Happy
avatar
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Posts : 5583
Join date : 2015-08-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Match day thread: Aston Villa V Notts County... Tues August 25th 7:45 Kick Off

Post by Morddred on Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:20 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:A good old fashioned cup night with a fair bit of excitement. Another home tie against a small local side. I forget their name. Very Happy
I hope the toilets are insured...
avatar
Morddred
Private
Private

Posts : 135
Join date : 2015-08-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Match day thread: Aston Villa V Notts County... Tues August 25th 7:45 Kick Off

Post by villabromsgrove on Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:40 pm

It should be a sell out. I hope it's remembered as passionate but without trouble.
avatar
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Posts : 5583
Join date : 2015-08-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Match day thread: Aston Villa V Notts County... Tues August 25th 7:45 Kick Off

Post by GadgetMan on Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:44 pm

Stratfordvilla wrote:

Last night we learnt that we have a squad
Bunn -a more indecisive Guzan with the same distribution.
Richardson-crap defender had 20 mins at start if second half when he looked ok. You know you're rubbish when Baker slags off your positioning.
Sanchez - not a defender and really poor distribution for a midfielder
Baker- a caveman but I like him as a back up
Hutton -  solid

Vertout -anonymous until ET
Gil -ran the first 70 minutes -brilliant. Can you play him and Jack on the same side?
Grealish - if he could cross would be top four, played really well
Adama - brilliant -young / inexperienced so his decision making needs improving

Sinclair, much, much better through the middle than the wing
Ayew - still not impressed, but he did try running into space, just doesn't understand the offside rule!

First off Welcome to the site mate and good post

A few notes i'd add from how I saw it.

Sanchez did ok given the unusual pairing. Clearly no CB, but looked composed. Wouldn't want him there in the EPL

Agree on Gil, Jack and Adama. great talent amongst those three, the latter two need to have more end product and Jack could do with a little of Adama's self belief at times. It will come though and those three are so exciting.

Sinclair looked dangerous whenever he was central and far more mobile and 'aware' than Gabby. Food for thought Tim....

Veretout did well, given he had no real CM partner as such, it really showed. Did better when the more experienced Cole came on and helped him in their (incidentally I thought JC put a shift in)

Ayew has shown nothing in all the games his played this season so far, not even a glimmer. Needs to vastly improve imo
avatar
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Posts : 1849
Join date : 2015-08-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Match day thread: Aston Villa V Notts County... Tues August 25th 7:45 Kick Off

Post by villabromsgrove on Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:54 pm

I wish I could add a valid opinion, but I wasn't there, there was no tv coverage hence no streams, and even local radio wasn't interested. I had a great night on the match thread though, getting excited over AVFC text updates with some good posters.
avatar
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Posts : 5583
Join date : 2015-08-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Match day thread: Aston Villa V Notts County... Tues August 25th 7:45 Kick Off

Post by GadgetMan on Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:02 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:I wish I could add a valid opinion, but I wasn't there, there was no tv coverage hence no streams, and even local radio wasn't interested. I had a great night on the match thread though, getting excited over AVFC text updates with some good posters.

Was a good read when I got back in late last night. Good work you lot
avatar
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Posts : 1849
Join date : 2015-08-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Match day thread: Aston Villa V Notts County... Tues August 25th 7:45 Kick Off

Post by avfcff1982 on Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:36 pm

Lots of experimental positioning last night, agree that Sinclair should replace Gabby in his role, he'd thrive there.

Might have been a scary scoreline at times, but tremendous stuff to watch, even if the heart rate fluctuations are worrying, guess we'll have to get used to that, especially with the Small Heath crew on the way, what a draw, live on Sky as well, should be a very good night
avatar
avfcff1982
Private
Private

Posts : 55
Join date : 2015-08-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Match day thread: Aston Villa V Notts County... Tues August 25th 7:45 Kick Off

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum