Villa's new owners!

Go down

Villa's new owners!

Post by villabromsgrove on Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:21 pm

I thought I would dust off the keyboard on this exciting day for our beloved club!

Just when we're desperate for a genuine billionaire, two come along at once .... it's like buses!

Nassef Sawiris and Wes Edens have injected "significant investment" into AVFC. Xia remains for now but will be a junior partner until such time as NSWE have got their feet under the table.

An exciting end to a miserable saga.
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Villa's new owners!

Post by villabromsgrove on Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:12 pm

Xia has to hang around until after the "fit and proper persons test " has taken place. I guess that he will will disappear from his co chairman position soon after that. He may be retained as a consultant using his Birmingham City Council planning and building connections, but apart from that it will be goodbye to Dr Chancer.
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie on Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:19 pm

Have to admit this has re-energised me somewhat, I fell into a bit of a despair with regard to the Villa following the play offs defeat and until this had seen nothing to make me view anything to do with the club with any positivity.

Still fully expecting this to be yet another false dawn, mind.
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:21 pm

I think we might just have hit the jackpot this time. Do you remember the hours, days and weeks we spent trying to unravel the murky back ground behind Xia? We never did find any proof of wealth, and it's now obvious that was because he had none!
Sawiris and Edens are certified gold plated members of the rich club and even better they are both self made billionaires!
I dont expect or want to see ridiculous unsustainable spending, but I think we will see authentic strategic planning for the future of Villa.
The next couple of weeks leading up to the start of the season should be really interesting.
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie on Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:18 pm

Seems to be starting with these mounting links to Thierry Henry. I'm a bit conflicted on it. It's a gamble obviously, but I just hope we're pursuing him because the people running the club view him as a substantive coach rather than just a name.

Xia made that mistake early on with RDM. A manager appointed because of a CL win rather than what he was like as a manager which betrayed a lack of footballing knowledge.
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:48 pm

I think pragmatism has won out. You're right it would have been a repeat of the RDM appointment and could have back fired with the current squad.
I don't believe that Bruce can change his philosophy successfully. He's now toying with 3-5-2 but we don't have the really quick wing backs to go by our wing men, and each time he's tried it in the past we've come unstuck.
Dean Smith as an interim head coach would have done for me, but even then the compensation for all the staff involved both at Villa and Brentford would have been approx 4 million.
So on we go with the same old Brucie ball, but at least we know that our new owners will have a real go at sorting things out during this season.
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum