Villa match day thread.

Page 10 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Re: Villa match day thread.

Post by villabromsgrove on Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:00 pm

2-1 down at half time. We gave them five corners in a row, and they scored from the fifth! What's that all about?

The commentators were predicting for the last ten minutes that Villa were about to concede .... that's how obvious it was!
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:53 pm

4-2 to Villa despite the best efforts of Steve Bruce to throw the game away. Villa can get promoted, but only if we put Mr Negative on gardening leave.

Sheffield Wednesday were robbed despite the scoreline.
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:57 pm

Villa committed one foul in the whole match. "Committed" is the wrong choice of word for this whole negative set up!
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:42 pm

I'm just starting to enjoy the three points, but there must be a better way to use the collective talent of our squad.

As I frequently find myself saying .... "have a look at the oppositions players names on the team sheet, then check out ours". Player for player we are usually better than most teams, but our set up and method of play totally ignores this fact. I mean, three holding midfield players today .... what's that all about?

Sheffield Wednesday came into today's game with twelve injuries, and yet we chose to give them far too much respect despite them having to make another five changes for today's match.

villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:20 pm

Fulham are beating Wolves 2-0. A Fulham loss would have been better for us in the greater scheme of things. It's been good to see two teams playing some very attractive flowing football. Mostly on the ground as well!
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie on Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:28 pm

Another big game coming up, weather permitting, tomorrow. Really they're all big games for us now.

I'd go for 4-4-2 with Hogan and Grabban up top. No one has acceptably replaced Jack as the most advanced midfielder since he's been out and he's not ready for this one.
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:40 pm

QPR are an average team, we have to believe that if we go at them we'll beat them.

I agree with 4-4-2 but will Steve? At home and against QPR there is no excuse for negativity.

As you say Sandie "they're all big games now."
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:05 pm

Sunderland are the bottom team in this league. If we can't beat them tomorrow night then we can forget promotion.

We should be winning this by two clear goals, so why do I feel that we might sit back and scrape a 1-1 draw?
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:05 pm

It looks like 4-4-2, with Hogan and Grabban both starting. Grealish is on the bench. Whelan starts although I would rather see Bjarnason, Lansbury or Jedinak in the team before him. Let's hope Glen has one of his more solid games!

A big "must win" game.
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:30 pm

I'm getting boring with my must win games, but today will tell us whether we have the "balls" to get promoted.

I see it as a "must win", but I believe that my arch nemesis Steve sees it as a "must not lose". If we set up defensively with the intention of trying to snatch a goal on the break or from a set piece we will lose by a couple of goals.

Teams that do well against Wolves close down the space in midfield, and occupy their wing backs so that they have to think about something over than breaking. We are unlikely to do that which is why teams like Wolves and Fulham love playing against us.

I'd love three points from a poor game but I don't see Wolves allowing it to be poor, so it'll be three points lost!
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:41 pm

Jedinak's in for an injured Whelan. Hogan drops to the bench with Grabban starting up front and Grealish in behind him.

With Adomah, Snodgrass, Grealish and Grabban backed up by a forward looking Hourihane, there's no reason why we can't press the hell out of Wolves ..... Will we? Watch this space.
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:03 pm

Well I'm officially in shock. I know we're a long way from full time, but 3-1 to Villa for goodness sake.

Grealish has been sublime.

I hope I'm not tempting fate!
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:21 pm

4-1 with just a couple of minutes left. Well done players, well done Steve. What a joy to see Villa play football.
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie on Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:17 am

What a game! Really starting to feel like a lucky mascot as I was at VP last night and Sunderland on Tuesday.
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:58 pm

Sandie wrote:What a game! Really starting to feel like a lucky mascot as I was at VP last night and Sunderland on Tuesday.
Sandie you're a star. I'm an armchair critic and you're getting out their and supporting the lads with your wallet. Hats off to you!
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum