Villa v Fulham Sat 21st 3.00pm

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Villa v Fulham Sat 21st 3.00pm

Post by villabromsgrove on Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:51 pm

Fulham play football the way I would love Villa to play. They're good to watch and I suspect we're going to be taught another footballing lesson tomorrow afternoon. We might get lucky and snatch something, but we won't outplay Fulham, that's for sure.

We can beat the poor teams, but even then we don't look comfortable while we're doing it. Against well coached teams we tend to reflect the poor standard of our own coaching. How come we know we're going to look second best, when on paper we have the better squad? Apart from three or four of their players Fulham are average, but it's amazing (to a Villa fan) how a good coach can produce a cohesive threatening performance from average players.

I think we will lose by the odd goal, but if our players were to press and get into Fulham's faces instead of sitting back to wait for set pieces or mistakes, it could be a different story. What d you think guys?
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Villa v Fulham Sat 21st 3.00pm

Post by Sandie on Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:30 pm

I have a spare (and free) ticket if anyone fancies sharing in the misery from the North Stand.
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Location : Looking forward to a local derby against Burton Albion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:01 am

Sandie wrote:I have a spare (and free) ticket if anyone fancies sharing in the misery from the North Stand.
That's a kind and tempting offer Sandie, but I'll have to miss out at the moment. Walking is painful for me currently so I'll be reduced to a radio fan yet again. Jim_Villan was at Alton Towers Scarefest yesterday til late so he's used up his free time for the weekend lol!

I'm trying to get fitter so that I can get back to Villa Park, so hopefully we can get together in the future. Have a good day Sandie, let's hope the Villa are kind to you today.

villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:56 pm

4-5-1 ..... Onomah in for Davis is the only change.
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim Villan on Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:08 pm

Cheers for the offer Sandie, hope you’re enjoying the match.
Jim Villan
Private
Private

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim Villan on Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:06 pm

It was essential that the Villa got back on track with a win today, I’ve got to say, I wasn’t confident of one but, it is a measure of Villas improvement of late (minus wolves match) We are in a playoff position for the first time in the 15 months since we’ve been in the championship. UTV
Jim Villan
Private
Private

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:12 pm

I must be honest and say that I thought Fulham would win narrowly given the amount of possession we allow the opposition to have.
A welcome three points, although I'm not sure that 31% possession at home will put many more bums on seats.
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:13 am

According to Jokanovic, when we started to press them it changed their play. He said they weren't brave enough to continue playing out from the back.

I'll wait to hear Sandie's view on that as he was at the match.
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie on Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:48 pm

I didn't think we were that bad, however, I certainly would criticise us for becoming far too prone to sitting back during the game. Soon as Terry scored the retreat started.
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Location : Looking forward to a local derby against Burton Albion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:07 pm

Sandie wrote:I didn't think we were that bad, however, I certainly would criticise us for becoming far too prone to sitting back during the game. Soon as Terry scored the retreat started.
I hope to be there with you in the future Sandie and we can swop opinions live. Keep up the good points return each time you go to VP.
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum