[ 1 ]
50% 50% 
[ 1 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 2

AVFC vs Norwich .... Sat 3pm

Post by villabromsgrove on Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:04 pm

It's been a well needed break for players and fans alike. I'm looking forward to this one, because we should come out with a bit of belief, and dare I say it .... a bit of a swagger.

We're not playing particularly well, but we have enough good players to add a moment of "magic" when we need it. Norwich won last time out, but will not be arriving at Villa Park with a lot of confidence. So, it's up to us! Can we finally be the Villa that our playing personnel suggest we can be? Win, lose or draw .... what's it going to be?
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: AVFC vs Norwich .... Sat 3pm

Post by villabromsgrove on Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:06 pm

I'm going for a win. 2-1 0r even 3-1. I think I better go for a lay down in a darkened room!
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie on Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:08 pm

I'll be there and I have a 100% record at Villa Park this season.

What can possibly go wrong? Aston Villa, that's what.
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Location : Looking forward to a local derby against Burton Albion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:08 pm

Sandie wrote:I'll be there and I have a 100% record at Villa Park this season.

What can possibly go wrong? Aston Villa, that's what.
With you in attendance I've already banked the three points! Very Happy
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim Villan on Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:58 pm

Nice one sandy. we will have to club together to get you a season ticket for next season, with that record Very Happy
Jim Villan
Private
Private

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim Villan on Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:09 pm

I'm wary of this one as some of our key players particularly Jedinak and Kodjia, will no doubt be a bit jaded from their international travels. Also it I hope that Taylors mentality will be right after he's been in the glare of the media spotlight all week following his poor challenge on Seamus Coleman. For me, Taylor has proved to be so far, our most effective January signing. It's great to have a fullback who just does his job effectively as we have so many recently that have flattered to deceive. He has no apparent weakness in his game and that has added much-needed stability to the defense.

This will be a good test of where Villa are in terms of mentality and confidence. We've been on a nice run of late, now can we push on and start to prove that we have one of the strongest teams/squads in the division. I could see us winning, but based on the international break factor, I've opted for a draw. If we win and other results go in our favour I think we will need to open up a playoff Thread!! UTV
Jim Villan
Private
Private

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:43 pm

If we haven't started to believe in ourselves as a team by now, then we never will. Five wins out of six while playing some very average football should make us feel unbeatable. Our quality individuals have to step up to the plate and deliver regularly now. When we click we're going to thrash someone!
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie on Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:19 pm

Our confidence has seemed very fragile for a very long time. I think the point has been made before on here that we really do need to have a sports psychologist involved to sort out the mentality of the club.

As for Taylor, all accounts are that he's been very affected by the injury Coleman suffered from his tackle, so the manager might have to make a judgement call on whether his head is in the right place to play.
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:35 am

I agree about Taylor. The away fans will see an opportunity to get at him on Saturday, so if his head isn't right he should be rested.
The psychology of the team will hopefully come from a strong core of the new intake. Players like Jedinak, Lansbury, Hourihane, Adomah, should be able to project a strong positive outlook onto the rest of the players. Hopefully when Bruce trusts the team as a unit to play more expansively, this will also make them feel better about themselves.
It took a core bunch of players a couple of seasons to have a really negative affect on our club, hopefully a new core group of players can have the opposite effect.
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:22 am

I've been thinking about Neil Taylor's situation for the past half hour, and I've changed my mind. Taking him out of the firing line will make it harder for him to put one bad tackle to bed. He has to go out on Saturday, forget the past and focus on the future.
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie on Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:40 pm

I think the only way to judge is based on how the player seems in training, he's obviously going to be affected by it but it's by how much that we need to be cautious of. How's he going to feel on Saturday when he needs to put in that good, if robust, challenge when he needs to? There's Amavi so we're not exactly struggling in that position.

Are we expecting more players to be back from injury?
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:29 pm

Sandie wrote:I think the only way to judge is based on how the player seems in training, he's obviously going to be affected by it but it's by how much that we need to be cautious of. How's he going to feel on Saturday when he needs to put in that good, if robust, challenge when he needs to? There's Amavi so we're not exactly struggling in that position.

Are we expecting more players to be back from injury?
Nathan Baker is fit again which is a bonus. That takes the pressure off Jedinak after his long flight. Gabby has just started training, RHM has been training for about ten days, and Andre Green is close but not quite ready.
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:34 am

Sandie is taking his winning run to Villa Park today , so how can we lose? Very Happy

Have a great day and bring home the three points!
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:30 pm

Great goal from Kodjia, who cut in from the right wing on to his left foot to put the ball in the back of the net. 1-0 Villa!
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:32 pm

It was a quick break with Hogan assisting Kodjia with an early pinpoint pass from the centre to the right. Nice play.
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum