Post by villabromsgrove on Fri Nov 18, 2016 7:02 pm

Confused dot com. scratch
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Brighton V Aston Villa: Friday 18th November 19:45

Post by Sandie on Fri Nov 18, 2016 7:06 pm

Well we have to hope he proves us spectacularly wrong.
Sandie

Location : Looking forward to a local derby against Burton Albion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Fri Nov 18, 2016 7:13 pm

I have a very nervous feeling about this team selection .... Bruce has some work to do tonight with getting his substitutions right. It's knocked the wind out of my sails. Let's hope SB can really walk on water!
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Fri Nov 18, 2016 8:40 pm

That was slightly less one sided than I expected, but our midfield is second best. and we seem to be a man light. Good goal from us, special goal by them. 1-1 seems fair. Not a very good game so far apart from the goals, so hopefully we'll step up second half and make it better.
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Fri Nov 18, 2016 8:43 pm

Gabby clearly isn't fit enough yet. He's chased and tried hard, but he's having very little effect. Kodjia has been quiet on the left wing, but Adomah has looked dangerous. Gestede and Ayew need to come on and pull the Brighton CB's out of shape.
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:46 pm

Much better second half .... we should have won the game. Gabby, Hutton and a manic (jack in a box) but totally non tackling Westwood held us back. Grealish showed some class, Ayew needs to pass much more, Adomah clearly man of the match.

If we can sort out our central midfield so that Grealish can start, and replace Hutton with anyone else, we'll win a few matches.
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim Villan on Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:15 pm

Brighton have been getting rave reviews all season and deservedly so but the cold hard facts of the matter tonight is that we were the better side and created far more than they did. The way Bruce has got the team organised and is utilising the squad is great to see UTV
Jim Villan
Private
Private

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie on Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:35 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:Gabby clearly isn't fit enough yet. He's chased and tried hard, but he's having very little effect.

I thought Gabby played like an experienced player. Not a particularly good one but he gave it a good shot (something he hadn't really done for a couple of seasons) and showed some nous. We were a much better side when Ayew and Grealish came on but those two would improve any side at this level. We were really good in the second half and it was clearly the best we've played under Bruce. We're not all the way there yet but still gave one of the best teams in this league a bloody good game. Agreed about Adomah, terrific. I'd also praise Nathan Baker, Mile Jedinak and Jordan Amavi all of whom played very well and were the reason for how Brighton were not as good as they usually were.
Sandie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Sat Nov 19, 2016 11:47 am

Sandie wrote:
villabromsgrove wrote:Gabby clearly isn't fit enough yet. He's chased and tried hard, but he's having very little effect.

I thought Gabby played like an experienced player. Not a particularly good one but he gave it a good shot (something he hadn't really done for a couple of seasons) and showed some nous. We were a much better side when Ayew and Grealish came on but those two would improve any side at this level. We were really good in the second half and it was clearly the best we've played under Bruce. We're not all the way there yet but still gave one of the best teams in this league a bloody good game. Agreed about Adomah, terrific. I'd also praise Nathan Baker, Mile Jedinak and Jordan Amavi all of whom played very well and were the reason for how Brighton were not as good as they usually were.
Gabby gave it his best shot, but the only chance he had demonstrated both his lack of fitness and confidence. He bottled it. Trying hard isn't enough when we've got Ayew and Gestede on the bench.
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Sat Nov 19, 2016 11:54 am

http://www.skysports.com/football/brighton-vs-a-villa/358305

I've linked this report just to enjoy the fact that SKY say "Brighton held Villa". The second in the table team hold the fourteenth in the table team! It shows that we've still got the aura of a big team.
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie on Sat Nov 19, 2016 1:12 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:Gabby gave it his best shot, but the only chance he had demonstrated both his lack of fitness and confidence. He bottled it. Trying hard isn't enough when we've got Ayew and Gestede on the bench.

Don't get me wrong, I agree. I wouldn't have him within a mile of the club but it seems that the manager rates him and wants him involved.
Sandie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Sat Nov 19, 2016 5:26 pm

Sandie wrote:
villabromsgrove wrote:Gabby gave it his best shot, but the only chance he had demonstrated both his lack of fitness and confidence. He bottled it. Trying hard isn't enough when we've got Ayew and Gestede on the bench.

Don't get me wrong, I agree. I wouldn't have him within a mile of the club but it seems that the manager rates him and wants him involved.
I think you're right, but it still baffles me. If Gabby has lost a stone in the last five weeks, and he still has some more to come off, then he must have gone on another binge since he posted his pre season fitness pics. If he yoyo's his weight to suit himself and whether he's playing or not, what is he doing figuring in SB's plans?
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie on Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:56 am

I also think we have several players more effective in that position who will be missing out. That's not to forget young players who need opportunities.
Sandie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:30 pm

RHM for one!
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next