Steve Bruce: Aston Villa Manager

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Steve Bruce: Aston Villa Manager

Post by Sandie on Wed May 17, 2017 6:53 pm

Budget constraints will probably have a big impact on our ability to attract a new manager. They would no doubt want to add their own players as I don't think we would find a manager so keen to work with all off the RDM and Bruce signings that have dug this hole for us.
Sandie

Location : Looking forward to a local derby against Burton Albion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Wed May 17, 2017 7:00 pm

Sandie wrote:Budget constraints will probably have a big impact on our ability to attract a new manager. They would no doubt want to add their own players as I don't think we would find a manager so keen to work with all off the RDM and Bruce signings that have dug this hole for us.
I know that you and I differ on this Sandie, but I believe that we bought some good players if we play to their strengths. I think if you've managed Fulham or Huddersfield etc, then you would jump at the chance of working at a "massive club" with our squad and perhaps just a couple of your own additions.
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Fri May 19, 2017 12:21 pm

Wyness has made it clear with his recent comments that Bruce will be manager next season. He has also said that providing the cash for the three or four signings that Bruce wants is not a problem. Does that mean we are going to "go again" next season with a flawed and outdated football philosophy?

villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie on Sat May 20, 2017 1:12 am

villabromsgrove wrote:
Sandie wrote:Budget constraints will probably have a big impact on our ability to attract a new manager. They would no doubt want to add their own players as I don't think we would find a manager so keen to work with all off the RDM and Bruce signings that have dug this hole for us.
I know that you and I differ on this Sandie, but I believe that we bought some good players if we play to their strengths. I think if you've managed Fulham or Huddersfield etc, then you would jump at the chance of working at a "massive club" with our squad and perhaps just a couple of your own additions.

I wonder where we would have been had we gone in that direction when we embarked on the ruinous Robbie Di Matteo chapter? I don't think it would have worked in mid season, but in summer with the strongest possiblity of creating a clean slate and stamping your own ethos on it a different manager might have found success.
Sandie

Location : Looking forward to a local derby against Burton Albion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Sat May 20, 2017 11:37 am

https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/football/aston-villa/2017/05/19/keith-wyness-aston-villa-boss-steve-bruce-best-man-manager-ive-known/

I think that relationships are important, and we appear to have a team of senior people at AVFC who clearly like each other. However, I think we may be overlooking the obvious here, the footballing end product. It's no good motivating players to the Nth degree (I didn't see much evidence of that on the pitch last season Keith!) if the template that we're training and playing to is flawed.

I have no issues with Bruce and Calderwood except for the footballing one .... and that may be a real negative next season .... again!
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum