AVFC Players senior through to U21s and beyond

Page 64 of 67 Previous  1 ... 33 ... 63, 64, 65, 66, 67  Next

Go down

Re: AVFC Players senior through to U21s and beyond

Post by Jim Villan on Tue Dec 27, 2016 1:09 pm

Wow a 25 Million bid rejected for Jordan Amavi, confirmed by DR T. Great to see were no longer a selling club!!
Jim Villan
Private
Private

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Tue Dec 27, 2016 1:12 pm

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/tony-xia-confirms-aston-villa-12374121

Very encouraging news from Dr T. I think fans expected interest, and when we've discussed this at VB towers we've come up with a £25 million price tag. That's not to say that (Liverpool?) won't come back with a much bigger bid, but it's good to see that Dr T is thinking long term.
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Tue Dec 27, 2016 1:15 pm

If the bid goes much higher Jim, we may have to look at the midfield we could buy with that sort of money. Amavi is a special player and he will be in demand.
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim Villan on Tue Dec 27, 2016 2:07 pm

I think the financial support is in place to be able to go and get the midfielders we need without cashing in on Amavi.
Jim Villan
Private
Private

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Tue Dec 27, 2016 2:15 pm

Jim Villan wrote:I think the financial support is in place to be able to go and get the midfielders we need without cashing in on Amavi.
I was thinking about the effect of financial fair play regulations. A large cash payment incoming, would allow us to spend what we wanted without falling foul of the rules this season. I don't want us to sell Amavi, I'm just theorising about the knock on effect of any such deal.
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie on Tue Dec 27, 2016 3:53 pm

It was remarked on a few months ago that this would be a quieter window for us due to those regulations. Hopefully that won't stand in the way of us getting the four or five new players we need.

It would be common sense to cash in on a saleable asset if we were in this position but that never worked out for us when we tried to cash in on Milner, Downing, Young etc.
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie on Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:02 pm

Sandie
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Sun Jan 01, 2017 3:46 pm

I don't see Tshibola as at the forefront of Bruce's thoughts. His comments about him are quite dismissive even though he says he has a chance.
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie on Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:29 pm

It almost sounds like he's been outright dismissed because of his age rather than anything else. In a position where Ashley Sodding Westwood is making appearances in the majority of games.
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:27 am

Sandie wrote:It almost sounds like he's been outright dismissed because of his age rather than anything else. In a position where Ashley Sodding Westwood is making appearances in the majority of games.
The comments sound both dismissive and ageist. It makes me wonder why we would target another young experienced keeper if Bruce equates age with ability.
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:48 am

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-rushian-hepburn-murphys-12412538

I wonder if the fault is with RHM and his advisors as a lot of fans on other sites are saying, or whether he has looked at the number of ineffective strikers we have, and the fact that he still hasn't got close to selection. Maybe he thinks that the moment he signs he will again be overlooked as has happened to all our previous Academy "Prospects".
Bruce's attitude to both Gollini and Tshibola when he refers to them as kids (even though they are three years older than RHM), may also have rung warning bells.
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie on Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:06 pm

I can understand the club's stance freezing out a player who doesn't want to stay. I agree with you on what is in RHM's mind, however. I bet he has taken one look at Gabby getting back in and thought "sod this".
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:08 pm

Sandie wrote:I can understand the club's stance freezing out a player who doesn't want to stay. I agree with you on what is in RHM's mind, however. I bet he has taken one look at Gabby getting back in and thought "sod this".
Spot on, he must think WTF!
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:31 am

At RHM's age he needs to be playing football regularly to continue his development. That should be the major consideration during the length of his next contract.
Have Villa promised to let him go out on decent loans, because he won't figure regularly for our first team during the critical "promotion phase" that we find ourselves in.
RHM clearly thinks he's ready now for first team football, and the club rightly are of the opinion that he's still got a lot of developing to do.
Signing a decent contract and getting some good loans over the next couple of seasons is the sensible way forward.
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie on Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:22 pm

He might be looking at Dembele and thinking a move to Scotland might be able to do the same for him. The standard is poor so it's easy to shine, he'll get regular games and might even get to play in Europe. If he does well then there are always clubs in the PL looking at players who excel in Scotland. People like Van Dijk and Wanyama have put themselves in the shop window there successfully.

That or sitting on a bench in the Championship not getting a chance and being behind players who are obviously struggling? If I put myself in the player's shoes it's a no brainer as whatever the rights and wrongs of the situation is he won't be getting a regular chance with us.
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 64 of 67 Previous  1 ... 33 ... 63, 64, 65, 66, 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum