[ 3 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
25% 25% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 4

Re: Aston Villa V Huddersfield Town: Tuesday 16th August 19:45

Post by Sandie on Wed Aug 17, 2016 3:31 pm

Considering how he was playing last season and how little confidence he must have had I think we would be having the same discussions about Guzan costing us points if we had stuck with him, though there was never that element of bad luck to his errors. My problem is that Bunn is our number two and I really think we need two good keepers in there battling for that slot.
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Location : Looking forward to a local derby against Burton Albion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Kraschinsky on Wed Aug 17, 2016 5:24 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:It's ironic that Gollini is noted for his accurate kicking (having started life as an outfielder). Two bad kicks in three matches doesn't look good, but last nights mistake led to a freakish goal. He probably could kick that ball another hundred times without getting the same result. I agree that the Championship needs experience, because the one thing these players do is chase everything down, but I also think Gollini has been unlucky.

Sorry VB i dont buy it. Last few years all we hear is excuses.

Ivan Kraschinsky
Private
Private

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie on Wed Aug 17, 2016 6:15 pm

2 errors/pieces of bad luck in the first 3 league games might be the beginnings of a worrying trend. They also won't do the lad's confidence any good.
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Harte on Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:11 pm

For me Gollini was not the most culpable for the equaliser last night. He's over 20 yards from goal and in that situation the centre halves should be taking the initiative. Lump it out of play, square it to Cissoko who appears to be in space in the replay, do something.

Chris Harte
Private
Private

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Thu Aug 18, 2016 10:55 am

I think the trigger for that mistake came from Gollini's decision to come for the ball. He must have shouted that it was his ball by Elphick's reaction. Even so the result was freakish and nine times out of ten he would have cleared the ball safely.
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Harte on Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:49 am

The two centre-halves are more experienced than Gollini, though, and should have taken charge. Had it been at the edge of the 18 yds box then fair enough but he was well out of his area.

Chris Harte
Private
Private

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie on Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:22 pm

Gollini and the defenders also should have been awake to the Huddersfield player charging forward. It was like none of them noticed him.
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Kraschinsky on Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:23 pm

Sandie wrote:2 errors/pieces of bad luck in the first 3 league games might be the beginnings of a worrying trend. They also won't do the lad's confidence any good.
Exactly. And in this league confidence is everything. ATM our player must still be convinced that each and everyone of them are a cut above chanpionship players. Any more mistakes and they will really start to believe all they are is nothing but championship level players and then we no longer have that all important edge. Btw that win on the weekend had to be followed up to prove anything. Back to square one.

Ivan Kraschinsky
Private
Private

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan on Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:16 pm

Ivan Kraschinsky wrote:
Sandie wrote:2 errors/pieces of bad luck in the first 3 league games might be the beginnings of a worrying trend. They also won't do the lad's confidence any good.
Exactly. And in this league confidence is everything. ATM our player must still be convinced that each and everyone of them are a cut above chanpionship players. Any more mistakes and they will really start to believe all they are is nothing but championship level players and then we no longer have that all important edge. Btw that win on the weekend had to be followed up to prove anything. Back to square one.

I agree on the mentality aspect totally. We can't get sucked into that kind of thinking. As for the Goal I was furious on the night and couldn't see past Gollini as the main cause of the goal, however with a more rational mind there were a few scenarios where it could have been handled better. Elphick could of ignored the keep and made the decision to put it into Row Z, Chester was caught badly out of position and Gollini a tad unlucky that not only did his kick hit the oncoming player, but so centrally that it rebounded into the goal (it could've gone anywhere from the kick AND once it had hit the forward) however for me when you're a defender and your keeper calls (who has the benefit of seeing the whole field, you ultimately have to let him deal with it, so errors all over, but ultimately Gollini for me. That said, by all accounts he's a tough character and will not collapse mentally like Guzan. We need to manage games better though as a whole team as that goal had been coming for pretty much the whole half. Th likes of Jedinek will help us shore up games where we are been overrun imo!!
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Kraschinsky on Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:25 pm

GadgetMan wrote:
Ivan Kraschinsky wrote:

I agree on the mentality aspect totally. We can't get sucked into that kind of thinking. As for the Goal I was furious on the night and couldn't see past Gollini as the main cause of the goal, however with a more rational mind there were a few scenarios where it could have been handled better. Elphick could of ignored the keep and made the decision to put it into Row Z, Chester was caught badly out of position and Gollini a tad unlucky that not only did his kick hit the oncoming player, but so centrally that it rebounded into the goal (it could've gone anywhere from the kick AND once it had hit the forward) however for me when you're a defender and your keeper calls (who has the benefit of seeing the whole field, you ultimately have to let him deal with it, so errors all over, but ultimately Gollini for me. That said, by all accounts he's a tough character and will not collapse mentally like Guzan. We need to manage games better though as a whole team as that goal had been coming for pretty much the whole half. Th likes of Jedinek will help us shore up games where we are been overrun imo!!

Gollini will need to be not only a stronger character than Guzan but also Nelson Mandella.

Ivan Kraschinsky
Private
Private

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: