Aston Villa V Rotherham United: Saturday 13th August 15:00

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Predictions for the game against Rotherham

67% 67% 
[ 2 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
33% 33% 
[ 1 ]
 
Total Votes : 3

Re: Aston Villa V Rotherham United: Saturday 13th August 15:00

Post by GadgetMan on Sun Aug 14, 2016 12:12 pm

Ivan Kraschinsky wrote:Just cant get excited. Win 3-0 or loose 3-0 ....these cuts run deep.

They will soon heel matey if we keep turning up and performing like that, could easily of been 6-0 and whilst it was 'only' Rotherham, all good runs have to start somewhere. Let's hope this is our start.

A great disciplined TEAM performance today, everything we've lacked for an age. Looked comfortable and stable at the back, thought for every ball and will have taken great confidence from that. We now need to do it again on Tueday in what looks like a big test.

Strong possilbity we could have Jedinak for that one, he will be brilliant if we can get it done. UTV
avatar
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Posts : 1849
Join date : 2015-08-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Aston Villa V Rotherham United: Saturday 13th August 15:00

Post by Ivan Kraschinsky on Sun Aug 14, 2016 12:22 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:I'm celebrating here on my own with a small libation. It was February when we were last able to celebrate a win. Thankyou Dr T and the lads.

The infinite monkey theorem states that a monkey hitting keys at random on a typewriter keyboard for an infinite amount of time will almost surely type a given text, such as the complete works of William Shakespeare. Call me a t*t or delusional but yesterday means nothing to me. RDM pleeease prove me wrong.

Ivan Kraschinsky
Private
Private

Posts : 153
Join date : 2015-09-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Aston Villa V Rotherham United: Saturday 13th August 15:00

Post by GadgetMan on Sun Aug 14, 2016 12:35 pm

Ivan Kraschinsky wrote:
villabromsgrove wrote:I'm celebrating here on my own with a small libation. It was February when we were last able to celebrate a win. Thankyou Dr T and the lads.

The infinite monkey theorem states that a monkey hitting keys at random on a typewriter keyboard for an infinite amount of time will almost surely type a given text, such as the complete works of William Shakespeare. Call me a t*t or delusional but yesterday means nothing to me. RDM pleeease prove me wrong.

Nice paragraph, made me laugh and I totally get where you're at. I was willing us to lose at certain points last season to get a manager sacked or force the board to react. They didn't and we now have what we have. I do think the worst is behind us though. What do you think it will take to have you cheering and believing again? Is it just a time thing or will sitting at the top at Christmas do the trick?
avatar
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Posts : 1849
Join date : 2015-08-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Aston Villa V Rotherham United: Saturday 13th August 15:00

Post by Jim Villan on Sun Aug 14, 2016 1:00 pm

I can understand your outlook Ivan, a good result against Rotherham at home certainly isn't proof that we have turned the corner. The wary and probably realists among us, will reserve judgement until we get results against our championship rivals. however a win in th championship is a win and on any given week a supposedly lesser team will take points off a better team. My positivity comes from the fact that Our owner is ambitious and determined, Our recruitment is much improved, their seems to be a solid plan, were buying a good mix of potential and experience. Tshibola, Gollini look like they have big potential and Elphick and Chester have experience in spades. Elphick is a natural born leader and although I wasn't at the match yesterday the reports form the fans regarding Elphick, is that he is a Villa legend in the making, add the potential acqusitition of Jedinak another captain and leader and we look well on our way to getting our heart back!!

Great post and the highlighted bit is particularly encouraging. Getting our heart back is key to everything
avatar
Jim Villan
Private
Private

Posts : 462
Join date : 2015-08-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Aston Villa V Rotherham United: Saturday 13th August 15:00

Post by Ivan Kraschinsky on Sun Aug 14, 2016 1:08 pm

GadgetMan wrote:
Ivan Kraschinsky wrote:
villabromsgrove wrote:I'm celebrating here on my own with a small libation. It was February when we were last able to celebrate a win. Thankyou Dr T and the lads.

The infinite monkey theorem states that a monkey hitting keys at random on a typewriter keyboard for an infinite amount of time will almost surely type a given text, such as the complete works of William Shakespeare. Call me a t*t or delusional but yesterday means nothing to me. RDM pleeease prove me wrong.

Nice paragraph, made me laugh and I totally get where you're at. I was willing us to lose at certain points last season to get a manager sacked or force the board to react. They didn't and we now have what we have. I do think the worst is behind us though. What do you think it will take to have you cheering and believing again? Is it just a time thing or will sitting at the top at Christmas do the trick?

Winning isnt everything to me or anyone (at least i think) who is an AFVC fan. All i want to see is a perminent desire to win from 100% of our team. This is what will make me cheer even if i am cheering a loss. This is all i care about. Nothing to do with league standings or even what league we are playing in.
League 2 football but feeling proud of all our players effort and 100% commitment is way better IMO than premier league and no player who gives a F***

Ivan Kraschinsky
Private
Private

Posts : 153
Join date : 2015-09-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Aston Villa V Rotherham United: Saturday 13th August 15:00

Post by GadgetMan on Sun Aug 14, 2016 1:18 pm

Ivan Kraschinsky wrote:
GadgetMan wrote:
Ivan Kraschinsky wrote:
villabromsgrove wrote:I'm celebrating here on my own with a small libation. It was February when we were last able to celebrate a win. Thankyou Dr T and the lads.

The infinite monkey theorem states that a monkey hitting keys at random on a typewriter keyboard for an infinite amount of time will almost surely type a given text, such as the complete works of William Shakespeare. Call me a t*t or delusional but yesterday means nothing to me. RDM pleeease prove me wrong.

Nice paragraph, made me laugh and I totally get where you're at. I was willing us to lose at certain points last season to get a manager sacked or force the board to react. They didn't and we now have what we have. I do think the worst is behind us though. What do you think it will take to have you cheering and believing again? Is it just a time thing or will sitting at the top at Christmas do the trick?

Winning isnt everything to me or anyone (at least i think) who is an AFVC fan. All i want to see is a perminent desire to win from 100% of our team. This is what will make me cheer even if i am cheering a loss. This is all i care about. Nothing to do with league standings or even what league we are playing in.
League 2 football but feeling proud of all our players effort and 100% commitment is way better IMO than premier league and no player who gives a F***

Totally agree. As JV said above and I also agree with.It's about getting that heart back and maybe an identity again above just points and performances. Having the will, desire and heart to win and pride in the shirt will lead to results and good times though, or ideally should.
avatar
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Posts : 1849
Join date : 2015-08-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Aston Villa V Rotherham United: Saturday 13th August 15:00

Post by Ivan Kraschinsky on Sun Aug 14, 2016 1:21 pm

GadgetMan wrote:
Ivan Kraschinsky wrote:
GadgetMan wrote:
Ivan Kraschinsky wrote:
villabromsgrove wrote:I'm celebrating here on my own with a small libation. It was February when we were last able to celebrate a win. Thankyou Dr T and the lads.

The infinite monkey theorem states that a monkey hitting keys at random on a typewriter keyboard for an infinite amount of time will almost surely type a given text, such as the complete works of William Shakespeare. Call me a t*t or delusional but yesterday means nothing to me. RDM pleeease prove me wrong.

Nice paragraph, made me laugh and I totally get where you're at. I was willing us to lose at certain points last season to get a manager sacked or force the board to react. They didn't and we now have what we have. I do think the worst is behind us though. What do you think it will take to have you cheering and believing again? Is it just a time thing or will sitting at the top at Christmas do the trick?

Winning isnt everything to me or anyone (at least i think) who is an AFVC fan. All i want to see is a perminent desire to win from 100% of our team. This is what will make me cheer even if i am cheering a loss. This is all i care about. Nothing to do with league standings or even what league we are playing in.
League 2 football but feeling proud of all our players effort and 100% commitment is way better IMO than premier league and no player who gives a F***

Totally agree. As JV said above and I also agree with.It's about getting that heart back and maybe an identity again above just points and performances. Having the will, desire and heart to win and pride in the shirt will lead to results and good times though, or ideally should.

You are right i am sure....fingers crossed then Wink

Ivan Kraschinsky
Private
Private

Posts : 153
Join date : 2015-09-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Aston Villa V Rotherham United: Saturday 13th August 15:00

Post by Sandie on Sun Aug 14, 2016 2:00 pm

I get your perspective Ivan. One swallow doesn't make a summer. Hopefully, by the end of this season everyone will be able to feel a bit more positive about the club's trajectory but we need to sustain what we saw yesterday.
avatar
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Posts : 4724
Join date : 2015-08-21
Age : 27
Location : Looking forward to a local derby against Burton Albion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Aston Villa V Rotherham United: Saturday 13th August 15:00

Post by villabromsgrove on Sun Aug 14, 2016 3:04 pm

I think we came into this season with very little expectation as fans. It's only the blind love that we have for Villa that makes us snatch at any passing straw such as a win and three points against a poor team.. Time will tell, but I still have to hope.
avatar
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Posts : 5671
Join date : 2015-08-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Aston Villa V Rotherham United: Saturday 13th August 15:00

Post by Chris Harte on Sun Aug 14, 2016 9:56 pm

I can completely sympathise with Ivan's viewpoint. We were stripped, not only of leaders, but of players who cared. The collapse after the Liverpool defeat showed many of our squad up for what they were - a bunch of mercenary chancers.

Hopefully the new addtions, an attitude change and an awakening of a few of those that remain from last season, as well as the Doctor's enthusiasm can help Ivan fall in love with the Villa all over again.

Chris Harte
Private
Private

Posts : 306
Join date : 2015-08-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Aston Villa V Rotherham United: Saturday 13th August 15:00

Post by GadgetMan on Sun Aug 14, 2016 10:05 pm

With Jedinak looking virtually done that's another leader to the ranks. Bodes well for our future and fighting to the death. I'm cautiously optimistic as opposed to being totally apathetic which I have been for a few years now. As VB said, it's only blind love for villa that's kept us coming back.
avatar
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Posts : 1849
Join date : 2015-08-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Aston Villa V Rotherham United: Saturday 13th August 15:00

Post by Ivan Kraschinsky on Sun Aug 14, 2016 10:09 pm

Chris Harte wrote:I can completely sympathise with Ivan's viewpoint. We were stripped, not only of leaders, but of players who cared. The collapse after the Liverpool defeat showed many of our squad up for what they were - a bunch of mercenary chancers.

Hopefully the new addtions, an attitude change and an awakening of a few of those that remain from last season, as well as the Doctor's enthusiasm can help Ivan fall in love with the Villa all over again.

HAHAHA love it chris thats cool. You know what its like mate..once bit twice shy. But im in the same boat as all you guys. I was just suprised by my underwelmingly muted response to our win yesterday.. sure that will change tuesday;)

Ivan Kraschinsky
Private
Private

Posts : 153
Join date : 2015-09-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Aston Villa V Rotherham United: Saturday 13th August 15:00

Post by Ivan Kraschinsky on Sun Aug 14, 2016 10:11 pm

GadgetMan wrote:With Jedinak looking virtually done that's another leader to the ranks. Bodes well for our future and fighting to the death. I'm cautiously optimistic as opposed to being totally apathetic which I have been for a few years now. As VB said, it's only blind love for villa that's kept us coming back.

Hate to play against a team with Jedinak ilk players in so thats good for us. I do rate him.

Ivan Kraschinsky
Private
Private

Posts : 153
Join date : 2015-09-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Aston Villa V Rotherham United: Saturday 13th August 15:00

Post by Sandie on Sun Aug 14, 2016 11:28 pm

Jedinak, McCormack, Elphick and maybe Chester all have that kind of determination and spirit our sides have lacked over the past few years. I think even our "good" players last season had that problem. There were too many wallflowers. Hopefully, having three or four of that kind of player will make this season's Aston Villa side a different prospect. I think they might even rub off on some of the younger players who have come through or been brought in.
avatar
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Posts : 4724
Join date : 2015-08-21
Age : 27
Location : Looking forward to a local derby against Burton Albion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Aston Villa V Rotherham United: Saturday 13th August 15:00

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum