'The Sale of Aston Villa FC' Countdown Thread: Now Sold!

Page 59 of 62 Previous  1 ... 31 ... 58, 59, 60, 61, 62  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: 'The Sale of Aston Villa FC' Countdown Thread: Now Sold!

Post by Sandie on Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:06 pm

That's something that hasn't really been suggested. Certainly, a lot of Dr. Xia's plans utterly depend on us gaining promotion.
Sandie

Location : Looking forward to a local derby against Burton Albion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:00 am

If we do get straight back up to the Premiership, Tony Xia will be sitting on an attractive bit of real estate as far as major Chinese investors are concerned. We've catalogued the China/Birmingham links previously, but they can only enhance his chances of picking up a 'Jack Ma' or 'Robin Li' type investment partner.

The next couple of seasons could be exciting if the right investment and decisions are made.
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie on Thu Jun 02, 2016 3:00 pm

He's also got his own plans (which obviously excited Hollis) that might tempt investors on board.
Sandie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Thu Jun 02, 2016 3:48 pm

It's all about profile now for AVFC and Tony Xia. One season where he throws the kitchen sink at getting back to the Premier League could result in big dividends for the 'Doc'.
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie on Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:38 pm

He has seemingly got the club for a reasonable price due to relegation which is no doubt part of the reason he has chose us. The scale of Lerner's mismanagement became apparent when it was revealed that we are one of the few premier league clubs not to have made a profit in the last accounting period. The rewards of promotion will be so great due to TV revenue etc that DR. X might be able to wipe his face.

I'm not sure if he will fulfill his ambition to make us a leading club. Frankly, there's too much mystery around the guy for me to be able to know that but I can believe that he, as someone who has worked in urbanization projects, is serious about the putative plan to create some kind of fanzone around the ground to attract tourists and other visitors which goes hand-in-hand with his plan to make the club big in China. Can these plans help to draw in further investors? I think so. But we still don't know just how wealthy the Doctor is. Maybe he can pull it off on his own?
Sandie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:02 pm

If you look at the Chinese super league, the current owners aren't always the same people as the ones who initially "grew" the clubs. The really rich guys have tended to watch a "good idea" develop, and then jump in with their bottomless bank accounts.

Tony Xia appears to be an entrepreneur rather than a big bucks man, which is why I think the key to his success and Villa's is the first 12/18 months. If we're struggling at that point I think he will be on his own, but if we're back in the Premier League, I would expect him to attract another rich Chinese investor. Just my own train of thought, with nothing to back it up. Very Happy
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Sat Jun 04, 2016 12:00 pm

This should become a done deal by Thursday or Friday. I would be surprised if the fit and proper persons test drags on longer than that. All the info should be with the league officials by now, and hopefully TX will be able to kick start his Villa rescue plan.
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lukevilla on Sat Jun 04, 2016 3:54 pm

just seen this

https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/document-api-images-prod/docs/Q3lpTX85dCnr4Os0kPtBqeyKyIql2okYkDndGiriRls/application-pdf?AWSAccessKeyId=ASIAI2EE7BXN6UA6EROA&Expires=1465051674&Signature=Sh5yYCbpnSesPyRuUvYzWaA0iS4%3D&x-amz-security-token=FQoDYXdzEHIaDDsY6OOWQ3Av3zr6myKZA1hm8Mq8IflCQfE4imQFTu0s8xLadcCuPr7enp065hOMRFQVODOVsR7JPdFpinm7xSYjFD%2BORaoTFFFm%2FSle1VE%2BCiuLYoeJth5VzK10FRW5zqeWPBPZpLC2DQXeNh%2BGMNPmeuzVysYiAdr%2FseP5pSlUVIUQ5Nzf42HpPehwYhlG8snLoy%2FysRtyjkMjt3yze0t7b2ajTYPPQZG9dO0yyugjB9tKUfgcr0CN1On0FaOxTDOkUt9%2B4E6HCpYCsI3kLigARmGneBNuE4PzqikDmdjXJ6pzlTB2s5EfwgmQSWXoHWdkT3gbPHVBgIhITWtI3azKhMNbjEKSuU5pcyf8XCLhBS6kdsTOhKn%2BY4%2FDdD0SElxA3pbkWGrTT4QjKk3aCvZhKadYKRKbpb%2B0WGGHo7Lgosd1UNNZvACxcoBIRjNBTQoXjlDSIX0SI%2BCvK%2FK7oQ10NlHTJ37O4rYTapKyRRAJkjIe50s060bFJcqDePzZgIAVi%2FHblo3Bu3Gm9iBr%2BKAEmqMQjdD0VTgc%2FsXVJU62SuKcw1IzJNgogbfKugU%3D

really sorry about long link seems he is 41 even though in the daily mail he says he was 39 http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3602825/Saviour-dreamer-Sportsmail-talks-Aston-Villa-s-owner-waiting-Dr-Tony-Xia.html

the link has now been put down but it did show for october 1974

Last edited by lukevilla on Sat Jun 04, 2016 4:08 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : link disappeared)

lukevilla
Private
Private

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Sat Jun 04, 2016 4:40 pm

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/10176070/filing-history

Another interesting link.
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lukevilla on Sat Jun 04, 2016 4:58 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/10176070/filing-history

if you open the pdf on 3rd one down it shows you his real birth date.

lukevilla
Private
Private

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Sat Jun 04, 2016 5:18 pm

Thanks for that Luke .... Dr. T is 41 years old it's official.
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie on Sat Jun 04, 2016 8:55 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/10176070/filing-history

Confirms Samuelson is involved.
Sandie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Sat Jun 04, 2016 9:49 pm

Unfortunately it does confirm Samuelson's continuing involvement. The guy Hitchens whose job appears to have been to register Recon Sports then resign, has some small time baggage as well. It's a shame TX has apparently encountered the murkier waters while trawling for movers and shakers.
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan on Sun Jun 05, 2016 1:56 pm

I posted this on Twitter yesterday, makes for quick viewing. Re the make up of the board I do think we need to keep an open mind. Yes there is suspected murky pasts if you jump on Google. Yet these guys will have passed a supposed stringent Owners and Directors test by both the Premier Legaue and the Championship. In Samuelsons case, he's not an investor and you'd assume there for a specific set of buisness skills. If you dig deep in many boardrooms within football and outside, you'll find people with 'pasts' as long as they do the right things by Villa, there is nothing I've seen or read that concerns me too much. I look forward to seeing the deal announced and the full make up of our new boardroom and management team.

GadgetMan
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie on Mon Jun 06, 2016 2:55 pm

Wyness added to the list of directors today (hat-tip to our own Twitter feed Wink ).
Sandie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 59 of 62 Previous  1 ... 31 ... 58, 59, 60, 61, 62  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum