'The Sale of Aston Villa FC' Countdown Thread: Now Sold!

Page 6 of 62 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 34 ... 62  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: 'The Sale of Aston Villa FC' Countdown Thread: Now Sold!

Post by Sandie on Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:03 pm

Good piece that but I'm not sure how much chance there is of us getting someone as experienced or knowledgeable as required.
avatar
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Posts : 4681
Join date : 2015-08-21
Age : 26
Location : Looking forward to a local derby against Burton Albion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 'The Sale of Aston Villa FC' Countdown Thread: Now Sold!

Post by GadgetMan on Wed Dec 16, 2015 11:13 am

Sandie wrote:Good piece that but I'm not sure how much chance there is of us getting someone as experienced or knowledgeable as required.

Agreed, who'd want it? Then again we somehow fooled Garde into taking it. Given Fox 1 million per year salary, maybe a decent salary will tempt a good candidate?
avatar
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Posts : 1849
Join date : 2015-08-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 'The Sale of Aston Villa FC' Countdown Thread: Now Sold!

Post by villabromsgrove on Wed Dec 16, 2015 1:25 pm

A new Chairman needs to be in TOTAL charge. He needs to whip our disparate bunch of "I don't think that's my responsibility, or maybe it is ,ermm," into a coherent line of responsible managers. Each man has to be accountable to the Chairman and answerable for his own actions. No more gang of four and committees.

Lerner and Tom Fox will still want to act autonomously .... It's not going to happen is it?
avatar
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Posts : 5592
Join date : 2015-08-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 'The Sale of Aston Villa FC' Countdown Thread: Now Sold!

Post by Sandie on Wed Dec 16, 2015 3:02 pm

GadgetMan wrote:
Sandie wrote:Good piece that but I'm not sure how much chance there is of us getting someone as experienced or knowledgeable as required.

Agreed, who'd want it? Then again we somehow fooled Garde into taking it. Given Fox 1 million per year salary, maybe a decent salary will tempt a good candidate?

I'd be tempted to say that given Fox's vast salary he should be bringing some of the things to the table that we are saying we need from a new chairman.
avatar
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Posts : 4681
Join date : 2015-08-21
Age : 26
Location : Looking forward to a local derby against Burton Albion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 'The Sale of Aston Villa FC' Countdown Thread: Now Sold!

Post by villabromsgrove on Wed Dec 16, 2015 3:12 pm

Sandie wrote:
GadgetMan wrote:
Sandie wrote:Good piece that but I'm not sure how much chance there is of us getting someone as experienced or knowledgeable as required.

Agreed, who'd want it? Then again we somehow fooled Garde into taking it. Given Fox 1 million per year salary, maybe a decent salary will tempt a good candidate?

I'd be tempted to say that given Fox's vast salary he should be bringing some of the things to the table that we are saying we need from a new chairman.
I think we know enough about Fox by now to realise that the only expertise he brings to Villa is on the marketing side. His attempts to make footballing decisions have been woeful, and that's not his fault because he has no footballing knowledge. He's fudged issues with this "decision by committee" process which has been a get out for not having experts in place. With Charlie W and Henrik A in place, I would question what role Tom Fox actually has now?
avatar
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Posts : 5592
Join date : 2015-08-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 'The Sale of Aston Villa FC' Countdown Thread: Now Sold!

Post by Sandie on Wed Dec 16, 2015 3:35 pm

I wonder that too. I think we've started to develop a very convoluted corporate structure filled with people who are not particularly good at their particular roles.
avatar
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Posts : 4681
Join date : 2015-08-21
Age : 26
Location : Looking forward to a local derby against Burton Albion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 'The Sale of Aston Villa FC' Countdown Thread: Now Sold!

Post by villabromsgrove on Wed Dec 16, 2015 3:41 pm

Sandie wrote:I wonder that too. I think we've started to develop a very convoluted corporate structure filled with people who are not particularly good at their particular roles.  
I agree. I think we've got a small cosy group of people who like each other, rather than a razor sharp management team that keep each other on their toes.
avatar
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Posts : 5592
Join date : 2015-08-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 'The Sale of Aston Villa FC' Countdown Thread: Now Sold!

Post by Sandie on Wed Dec 16, 2015 4:32 pm

Don't get me wrong, they'd probably be a decent enough management team for a manufacturer of widgets but I struggle to see their specific qualifications for running a premier league (or even championship) football team.
avatar
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Posts : 4681
Join date : 2015-08-21
Age : 26
Location : Looking forward to a local derby against Burton Albion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 'The Sale of Aston Villa FC' Countdown Thread: Now Sold!

Post by villabromsgrove on Wed Dec 16, 2015 4:48 pm

Sandie wrote:Don't get me wrong, they'd probably be a decent enough management team for a manufacturer of widgets but I struggle to see their specific qualifications for running a premier league (or even championship) football team.

This is how I see it at present.

Tom Fox and Charlie W are here for one purpose only, to attract sponsorship revenue by making AVFC look like a positive marketing investment .... failed so far.

Henrik Almstadt is here as Sporting Director of a football club, with over sight of everything bar 'Football'.... and the Academy .... and the signings .... and the scouting etc. .... Non Job!

Paddy Reilly is here to play football manager 2015/16 and find prospects that are cheaper than they should be given their OPTA potential .... he's a fresh faced lad with no practical experience of football and he lacks a successful CV.

Remi Garde .... does he really have the final say on players? Is he being told which players we must try to sell? Is he totally his own man, and will he ever have a proper coaching team?

Welcome Mr. Chairman, to the mess that is Randy's Aston Villa.
avatar
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Posts : 5592
Join date : 2015-08-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 'The Sale of Aston Villa FC' Countdown Thread: Now Sold!

Post by Sandie on Wed Dec 16, 2015 5:58 pm

That's a good summary of it, attracting sponsorship must be very difficult to be fair as I'm not sure we are an attractive association for any brand considering how dire we are on the pitch.
avatar
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Posts : 4681
Join date : 2015-08-21
Age : 26
Location : Looking forward to a local derby against Burton Albion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 'The Sale of Aston Villa FC' Countdown Thread: Now Sold!

Post by villabromsgrove on Thu Dec 17, 2015 2:12 pm

Fox's definition of "imminent" may be different to mine. Get your finger out Villa, we don't have any time to waste!
avatar
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Posts : 5592
Join date : 2015-08-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 'The Sale of Aston Villa FC' Countdown Thread: Now Sold!

Post by Sandie on Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:01 pm

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/tom-fox-aston-villa-football-10616817#ICID=FB-Birm-avfc

“(Relegation) is certainly not what we want and it is certainly not a lesson that this club needs to learn to get better,” he said,

“But Aston Villa Football Club is bigger than the results in any one season.

“Aston Villa Football Club does not go away if we are relegated.

“We play football next August and we hopefully do it with an organisation that is prepared to compete and to succeed and to come right back up.

“I haven’t given up, though, and neither has the manager or the players.”

So in one breath he's talking as if we're already relegated then in the next he's saying he hasn't given up.
avatar
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Posts : 4681
Join date : 2015-08-21
Age : 26
Location : Looking forward to a local derby against Burton Albion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 'The Sale of Aston Villa FC' Countdown Thread: Now Sold!

Post by South London Villan on Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:31 pm

That tells me we are gone in his mind. Randy aint paying up any survival dollars for one last roll of the dice.

Remi, over to you, work your magic son.

My prayers are with you.
avatar
South London Villan
Private
Private

Posts : 349
Join date : 2015-08-21
Location : Big Smoke (SarfEast)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 'The Sale of Aston Villa FC' Countdown Thread: Now Sold!

Post by Sandie on Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:41 pm

Aye, looking like it's all on Remi now. Hope he has more to him than Fox and Lerner!
avatar
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Posts : 4681
Join date : 2015-08-21
Age : 26
Location : Looking forward to a local derby against Burton Albion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 'The Sale of Aston Villa FC' Countdown Thread: Now Sold!

Post by villabromsgrove on Sat Dec 19, 2015 1:45 am

Sandie wrote:http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/tom-fox-aston-villa-football-10616817#ICID=FB-Birm-avfc

“(Relegation) is certainly not what we want and it is certainly not a lesson that this club needs to learn to get better,” he said,

“But Aston Villa Football Club is bigger than the results in any one season.

“Aston Villa Football Club does not go away if we are relegated.

“We play football next August and we hopefully do it with an organisation that is prepared to compete and to succeed and to come right back up.

“I haven’t given up, though, and neither has the manager or the players.”

So in one breath he's talking as if we're already relegated then in the next he's saying he hasn't given up.
That's a white flag being waved in any one's language.
avatar
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Posts : 5592
Join date : 2015-08-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 'The Sale of Aston Villa FC' Countdown Thread: Now Sold!

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 62 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 34 ... 62  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum