Transfer speculation 2016/17

Page 5 of 46 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 25 ... 46  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Transfer speculation 2016/17

Post by Sandie on Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:10 pm

Palace have made a £25million bid for Benteke having just bought Townsend for £13million. Crazy money in the Premier League. No doubt we will have all that to look forward to again before too long.
Sandie

Location : Looking forward to a local derby against Burton Albion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie on Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:44 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:
Sandie wrote:Chris Gunter being linked today. He was a decent player a few years ago.
I'll watch him later. Very Happy

Wales have defended well so he seems to be solid. He's a capable right back who would improve us defensively, but Swansea and Middlesborough are supposedly interested in signing him as he has apparently got a 1 million release clause in his contract with Reading.

He can put in one hell of a cross too...
Sandie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:12 pm

He has a good throw as well.
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Sat Jul 02, 2016 10:45 am

Still speculation, but here's a youtube video about Pierluigi Gollini. He parries a lot of balls into the danger area, so you would need a really sharp defence in front of him. 6ft 2inches tall, is that big enough these days?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvsiXhNHK6I
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Sat Jul 02, 2016 11:18 am

There is also speculation about Etrit Berisha the Albanian international keeper who is currently second choice for Lazio. I know that youtube highlights are a dodgy indicator of a players over all ability but from what I've seen I prefer Berisha's style of keeping to Gollini's from what I've seen. Both are good shot stoppers, but Berisha's size allows him to cover the goal more easily, and he doesn't seem to parry the ball into danger areas so much. He is also 27 to Gollini's 21 which might be beneficial in the coming season.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGfDO8kR4HU
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Sat Jul 02, 2016 11:50 am

Recently I mentioned the possible problem of running out of targets if we wait until the Austrian training camp to evaluate players. Newcastle have signed both Dwight Gayle and Matt Ritchie, and whether or not you rate them it shows that they are determined to be ready for August 6th.

I have no problem with utilising existing players, in fact I hope that Traore, Veretout, Amavi, Gil, Grealish, Gestede, Gana and Ayew are all fully included this season. However if this isn't going to happen we can't afford to miss out on the best targets for Championship football, by waiting while other rival clubs act.
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Sat Jul 02, 2016 11:53 am

Gunter started off a little shaky against Hazard last night, but who wouldn't? He grew into the game and looked a good player. A much better right back than Hutton in my opinion. A possible target?
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie on Sat Jul 02, 2016 1:50 pm

I agree with your analysis on Berisha vs Golini. I think we need someone who can be our keeper immediately rather than a young rough diamond who needs to be polished up. There are already a number of young keepers at the club. If we went down the young player route I'd like to see Steer get the #1 shirt. I think there is a good keeper in him and he has Championship experience following being loaned out.

As for assessing players, in my view (and I've bored everyone to tears stating it again and again) there are players who will be going to Austria that I think should have no future at the club. I would already be looking for replacements for these guys. They have failed us before so why should we expect them to succeed for us in the Championship. It's still early July so we have nearly two months until the window shuts and one month until the season starts so it's early days. Still, new players need bedding in and to gel with their new teammates.

Gunter's been linked a couple of weeks ago and whilst I agree he's a good player and that we can use a new full back or two his value and reputation are only going to be enhanced by his recent showings at the Euros. If the story about a rather small release clause is true then no doubt Premier League bargain hunters will be making approaches.
Sandie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Sun Jul 03, 2016 8:57 am

I think we're in for another quiet day today. RDM must have a good idea about targets etc by now. I expect training pics tomorrow, so we can see who's smiling and who isn't. Very Happy
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie on Sun Jul 03, 2016 2:37 pm

Being linked again with young Juve 'keeper Nicola Leali today. Interesting to note that the three keepers being most prominently mentioned (Leali, Gollini and Berisha) are all based in the Italian leagues. The influence of Battera our goalkeeping coach?
Sandie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie on Mon Jul 04, 2016 2:31 am

Another player link:
http://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2016/aston-villa-and-sunderland-are-interested-in-frederic-guilbert/

I've gone deeper than my usual research on this one (I looked at his French language Wiki page as the English one is sparse) and can report he's a 21 year old right back. I think we can agree that we need a new right back so if there's truth in it this might be positive (assuming he's much cop).
Sandie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:29 am

Sandie wrote:Another player link:
http://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2016/aston-villa-and-sunderland-are-interested-in-frederic-guilbert/

I've gone deeper than my usual research on this one (I looked at his French language Wiki page as the English one is sparse) and can report he's a 21 year old right back. I think we can agree that we need a new right back so if there's truth in it this might be positive (assuming he's much cop).
I think this is a case of a French media site saying "Guilbert can sign a free move in January, so who buys French players? Villa do and Sunderland bought two in January, so let's link them." He's only played eight games for the Bordeaux first team so he's hardly likely to be ready for the hustle and bustle of English football. Not what we're looking for at the moment.
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim Villan on Mon Jul 04, 2016 4:24 pm

Bid for Aaron Tshibola accepted, don't know much about but 21 6ft 3 midfielder who could add a bit of much needed physicality to our lightweight midfield. Seems like a very decent addition to me, if it happens.
Jim Villan
Private
Private

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Tue Jul 05, 2016 11:25 am

Rumours that Pierluigi Gollini has flown in for talks with Villa. I'm not opening up a new thread for him yet because at the moment we've only got 'Talk Sport's' word for it.

I've only seen him on youtube clips, but he looks a bit flash although he is obviously talented. The way he parries shots back into the danger area between the posts is a dangerous habit to have at his age. He looks like a number two keeper to me, but at 5 million pounds he would surely be coming in as first choice. Finally my usual comment on keepers "is 6ft 2ins big enough these days"?
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Tue Jul 05, 2016 3:18 pm

I noticed in an article today that we are the 5th most successful English football team of all time. We are still a big name and a big draw to players.
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 46 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 25 ... 46  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum