Transfer speculation 2016/17

Page 4 of 46 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 25 ... 46  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Transfer speculation 2016/17

Post by Sandie on Sun Jun 26, 2016 4:15 pm

Hadn't heard of this lad: http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/06/26/former-aston-villa-youngster-joshua-webb-joins-kilmarnock/

Will keep an eye on him to see how his career progresses up here.
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Location : Looking forward to a local derby against Burton Albion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:16 pm

Sandie wrote:Hadn't heard of this lad: http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/06/26/former-aston-villa-youngster-joshua-webb-joins-kilmarnock/

Will keep an eye on him to see how his career progresses up here.
He was a star in the next gen cup final a couple of years back. He had a great game.
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie on Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:34 pm

Reports in Italy linking us with a move for Juventus reserve 'keeper Nicola Leali. Would be a more imaginative choice than Pantilimon, I suppose.
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:16 pm

Sandie wrote:Reports in Italy linking us with a move for Juventus reserve 'keeper Nicola Leali. Would be a more imaginative choice than Pantilimon, I suppose.
I think that any new keeper should not only understand English league football, he needs to speak fluent English because he has to organise and communicate with a solid defence in front of him.
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:40 pm

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/tony-xia-reveals-aston-villas-11529454?

Dr T says our absolute priority is a new striker, but I would question that. In my opinion Jordan Ayew would be more prolific than Ross McCormack or Dwight Gayle in the Championship, if we signed the right midfield 'assisters'. We should tell JA that he's going nowhere this season except into the goal scoring record books!

Matt Ritchie cannot get into the Bournemouth first team, and the same goes for Bakary Sako at Crystal Palace. Both players scored and assisted exceptionally well in the Championship. If we spent our money on these sort of players to support both Ayew and Gestede this season, I think it would be a more effective use of available funds.
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie on Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:13 pm

I tend to agree. I'd be sitting Ayew down and asking him his plans for next season. If he's eyeing the exit I'd be making the mother of all sales pitches about where the club wants to be going and his role in that.

Rudy Gestede may seem static and ineffective in the Premier League but he has a proven record in the Championship. Even Sinclair has scored in that division so for me a striker is not an imperative it's the supply line we need to work on.
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:37 pm

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/explained-reasons-aston-villa-interested-11538042?

I seem to remember Lambert himself saying that he was disappointed that he seemed to be way off the pace at the Baggies, and that he would try to come back fitter this coming season. I know the Championship isn't as sharp as the Premier, but never the less at the age of 34 Lambert will struggle to compete week in week out (imo).
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie on Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:45 pm

Lambert? Meh.

No better than what we have.
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:16 am

Sandie wrote:Lambert? Meh.

No better than what we have.
Definitely yesterday's man.
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:45 pm

Sky Sports are saying that Dwight Gayle is due to have a medical at Newcastle. He would have been a decent replacement for Jordan Ayew if he goes (as is likely).

Is that going to be a problem caused by not making our mind up on players futures, until after they've had a chance to impress or otherwise in Austria? Or will RDM/SC already have talked to players and their agents about who's totally committed to playing for Villa in the Championship, and who are hoping that a bid comes in for them?
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie on Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:36 pm

I think, in terms of a striker at least, the club are already making moves and looking at possible targets. Whether Gayle was or wasn't on the shortlist I don't know.

Still, another signing would be nice. Mind, it isn't even July yet.
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:47 pm

I will be happy if our key players all stay even if it reduces the number of our 'experienced championship signings'. The situation that I'm worried about is that our key players might not make their intentions to leave clear until later (to suit themselves) rather than sooner. By that time potential first choice targets may have been signed by other clubs. That would disadvantage us.

I appreciate that RDM wants to see players at first hand before finalising his transfer plans, but even slight prevarication could become a fatal enemy.
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie on Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:08 am

It still seems that a striker is one of RDM's key targets. I suppose, even if we see Ayew and Gestede being a success in the Championship, we need a bit more strength in depth in that position. As well as Lambert (old but a possible success in the FLC?) we're getting a lot of links to Ross McCormack. McCormack has scored 21, 17 and 28 in the last three seasons for teams in that league that haven't exactly been challenging at the top so might be a good choice? He's never played in the top division but that won't be a concern for the next season at least.

Also seen social media links to Hellas Verona 'keeper Pierluigi Gollini. 21, 6ft 2 and a former Manchester United youth prospect according to my research (a 2 second scan of his Wiki page).
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lukevilla on Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:36 am

Sandie wrote:It still seems that a striker is one of RDM's key targets. I suppose, even if we see Ayew and Gestede being a success in the Championship, we need a bit more strength in depth in that position. As well as Lambert (old but a possible success in the FLC?) we're getting a lot of links to Ross McCormack. McCormack has scored 21, 17 and 28 in the last three seasons for teams in that league that haven't exactly been challenging at the top so might be a good choice? He's never played in the top division but that won't be a concern for the next season at least.

Also seen social media links to Hellas Verona 'keeper Pierluigi Gollini. 21, 6ft 2 and a former Manchester United youth prospect according to my research (a 2 second scan of his Wiki page).

maybe ayew will be played out wide or even as a number 10?!

lukevilla
Private
Private

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:10 am

I think Ayew needs a free striking role, playing in spaces in and around an old fashioned number 9.

Just a thought about keepers, I listened to Bob Wilson yesterday saying that keepers have to be a minimum of 6 ft 3ins these days because of how much the modern ball moves.
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 46 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 25 ... 46  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum