Speculation/Gossip/Hearsay/My Friends, Dad's Uncle said so Thread

Page 29 of 31 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30, 31  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Speculation/Gossip/Hearsay/My Friends, Dad's Uncle said so Thread

Post by villabromsgrove on Sat Apr 16, 2016 5:07 pm

If Lerner keeps the purse strings tight with this shower of players, then he will strangle us straight out of the Championship into the old division Three. I've watched us at that level before, and apart from visiting different grounds it has nothing else to recommend it.
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie on Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:01 pm

Westwood being linked to Burnley. I'm agnostic on him staying on but it might be a good idea to offload an average player with a long contract while we can.
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Location : Looking forward to a local derby against Burton Albion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan on Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:18 pm

Sandie wrote:Westwood being linked to Burnley. I'm agnostic on him staying on but it might be a good idea to offload an average player with a long contract while we can.

I don't get the huge criticism he gets off many. He has turned up when many have gone missing week after week. He's no world beater, but he does what is alsed of him, ie recycles the ball and gives it to others. I'd be interested to see how he could handle the Championship and a more telling role. That said, if he is on a big wage and we can get better for cheaper, I won't mourn the loss haha!! He would be way down my list of people I'd want to ship out though.
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie on Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:28 pm

That's pretty much my take. He's one of the few who still seem to be trying.
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Harte on Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:42 am

Yep, I'd go with that too.

Chris Harte
Private
Private

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie on Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:10 am

I don't watch as much Scottish football as I used to but this guy is well thought of: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3562518/Aston-Villa-Queens-Park-Rangers-tabs-Dundee-star-man-Kane-Hemmings.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

Whilst some SPL alumni have struggled in the PL I can think of a few who have done well in the Championship so he might be worth a look. Though I wonder how we can be interested in a player with no manager in-situ and complete uncertainty around most of our operations.
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie on Thu Apr 28, 2016 1:14 am

Amavi eyeing the exit: http://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2016/exclusive-aston-villa-jordan-amavi-future-talks-underway/ ?
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan on Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:39 am

Sandie wrote:Amavi eyeing the exit: http://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2016/exclusive-aston-villa-jordan-amavi-future-talks-underway/ ?

Don't know anything about the Scottish chap you linked to above, my knowledge of many players outside of the EPL is limited beyond the top clubs. I best get used to learning a little more about the Championship, urrrrggh that feels horrible actually saying it.

I'd be very disappointed if Amavi were to look to leave this summer after only a handful of games and then being nursed back to health superbly by our medical team (one thing we do well imo) He 'owes' us, but there is no loyalty in football it would seem. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for now and just assume it's to seek clarification on our future, the club owners etc and maybe to get a minimum release fee clause inserted in case one of the bigger clubs come in. Really want him to stay, as he's some talent.............which given how poor we are, will probably see him go sadly!!
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:31 am

It's stories like these that make it imperative that Lerner sells AVFC fast. Until we see the ambition or otherwise of the new owner it will be impossible to implement any sort of player policy. Are we building for the future or clearing the shelves?

I've been away from the media for the last week, and it seems as though "sale" rumours are being treated seriously, but in the few minutes that I've spent browsing I can only find a couple of non specific and typically generic Telegraph/Guardian "updates" with no quotes or substance.

Do you guys think a sale is happening, or will we go into the new season with our hands tied by Lerner's ownership, unable to implement a "Bernstein/King" regeneration plan?
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan on Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:47 am

villabromsgrove wrote:It's stories like these that make it imperative that Lerner sells AVFC fast. Until we see the ambition or otherwise of the new owner it will be impossible to implement any sort of player policy. Are we building for the future or clearing the shelves?

I've been away from the media for the last week, and it seems as though "sale" rumours are being treated seriously, but in the few minutes that I've spent browsing I can only find a couple of non specific and typically generic Telegraph/Guardian "updates" with no quotes or substance.

Do you guys think a sale is happening, or will we go into the new season with our hands tied by Lerner's ownership, unable to implement a "Bernstein/King" regeneration plan?

To get you upto speed, we're discussing the 'sale/non sale' in the Sale Speculation thread Cool Laughing Haha!! I do think we're being sold, yes! I think for the first time, apart from RL saying the club is for sale, that the club have actually come out and said "we're in exhaustive talks with regards to the sale of the club" You can't just make that kind of stuff up imo and given the statement it was mentioned in, it didn't need to be said if not true. If it was a PR exercise, you's say it in a separate statement, not a sentence in a unrelated note to the supporters.

I see it as similar to press release Lerner made when he entered exclusive talks to sell the Browns, next we heard was details that we were sold. I think the same will happen here. We'll have speculation and guesswork in the press and forums and then we'll all of a sudden get a 'Breaking News' type affair. That's what I hope anyway and I hope it's before the end of May, which then allows the new owner/s to get their head around everything and prepare for next season. I'm confident this is the real deal this time, the tone and context feels different to the last two years.

Good to have you back off your hols VB
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie on Thu Apr 28, 2016 2:27 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:It's stories like these that make it imperative that Lerner sells AVFC fast. Until we see the ambition or otherwise of the new owner it will be impossible to implement any sort of player policy. Are we building for the future or clearing the shelves?

Precisely. If you were a player who had ambitions, would you stick around at Randy Lerner's Aston Villa? I'm guessing not a chance of it. Amavi is a rarity amongst our players in that he's one we would want to keep but really we're going to struggle to keep players or even get rid of ones we don't want until a takeover happens.
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie on Thu May 19, 2016 8:50 pm

We're soon going to be in the transfer window and no doubt are going to have a frantic period of player trading due to the work required on our squad. Due to Dr. X's nationality and speculation that the Chinese government might be involved somewhere I have a genuine feeling that we'll be looking to sign some Chinese players. Anybody know of any Chinese stars in the making that might be coming to Villa Park?
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan on Fri May 20, 2016 11:30 am

Sandie wrote:We're soon going to be in the transfer window and no doubt are going to have a frantic period of player trading due to the work required on our squad. Due to Dr. X's nationality and speculation that the Chinese government might be involved somewhere I have a genuine feeling that we'll be looking to sign some Chinese players. Anybody know of any Chinese stars in the making that might be coming to Villa Park?

I have to admit complete ignorance here. I speak with a Chinese fan on Twitter, I'll ask him his thoughts and either feedback or see if he would like to feedback himself. I think we're in for a very busy summer...
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Fri May 20, 2016 11:53 am

I honestly haven't got a clue. If there are one or two who are genuinely good enough I'm sure they will be pointed out to Tony Xia by the appropriate authorities. Very Happy
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie on Fri May 20, 2016 1:37 pm

We've spoken a bit about China's ambitions to be a footballing superpower and the role national pride plays. I know their own league is developing at a rate of knots with foreign stars joining the local players but surely they will want players plying their trade in the English leagues that dominate television coverage globally. A Chinese star in claret and blue will also help in Dr. Xia's ambition to make us the most popular English club in China.
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 31 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30, 31  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: