Roberto Di Matteo: Ex-Aston Villa Manager

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Roberto Di Matteo: Ex-Aston Villa Manager

Post by villabromsgrove on Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:28 am

Sandie wrote:Roberto Di Matteo facing two games to save his job at Aston Villa

Much as it seems too soon, an international break follows these two fixtures which would provide a good opportunity to carry out a change.
I don't think the timing will be lost on Dr T if we don't get a win in our next two matches. It should be possible to take all six points, although I guess four or even perhaps three points will be enough to keep RDM in the job for now.

One win in 12 competitive matches should trigger the sack if we draw or lose both of the next two games.
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie on Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:43 pm

Indeed. We're already on 6 draws after just 9 games which is simply too many. We need wins and pronto.
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Location : Looking forward to a local derby against Burton Albion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Tue Sep 27, 2016 2:48 pm

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/09/27/jim-white-shares-what-hes-been-told-about-roberto-di-matteos-ast/?

If the info that Jim White was given is factual, then RDM would still appear to have the support of our owner. I would be surprised if that support continues and RDM survives two more games without a win, but then Dr T is the only one whose opinion matters.
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie on Tue Sep 27, 2016 3:20 pm

The Doctor still gives a supportive impression on Twitter but, as I've said many times, I don't expect him to be patient. Two defeats and time might run out.
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie on Tue Sep 27, 2016 5:04 pm

Of course, one of the other leading candidates was Nigel Pearson who seems to have beaten RDM in the sack race: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37489071
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Harte on Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:42 pm

RDM needs to win two of the next four, in my eyes.

Chris Harte
Private
Private

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Harte on Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:47 pm

But then you see a comment like the above and have to wonder if its sabotage.

Image not showing for me. Comment is:
You're away from home 1-0 up & you take a midfielder off to play ANOTHER forward. Terrible shambolic management utter shit. Go & go now..!

Chris Harte
Private
Private

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie on Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:56 pm

He plays the wrong teams and makes the wrong substitions. Another Sherwood style managerial chancer.
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:06 am

Sandie wrote:He plays the wrong teams and makes the wrong substitions. Another Sherwood style managerial chancer.
He's getting to be so predictable. We know the mistakes he's going to make before he makes them. If there's a way to get things wrong RDM will find it.
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by South London Villan on Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:48 am

Game management, tactical substitutions are very weak. I have often said that our players show a degree of ineptitude when it comes to reading the game. We are 1/2 a yard off when closing down and consistently invite pressure on to the defence.

Changing Tishibola for Westwood for the last 15 minutes was in my opinion the nail in RDM's coffin. Chester's stats last night show that he was under constant pressure when Barnsley attacked, Adomah lost posession more than any other player, they bring on Winnall, no one picks him up, he scores.

We are being targeted by all sides in the same areas at the same time every game.

Rudy comes on and plays too deep, Ayew is not known for his chasing back, Hutton & Baker are on the bench and he brings on Westwood the crab.

FFS!
South London Villan
Private
Private

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie on Wed Sep 28, 2016 2:54 pm

Spot on. The logic of putting Westwood on is that that he shores the team up (not convinced this works in practice) but that is completely ripped apart by then subsequently throwing on a striker for another midfielder. That is shocking game management and it's not the only time.

The worst thing about it is that the players now have an albatross round their necks because of it. We blow games in the last ten minutes on a regular basis on such a regular basis that the players now expect it. Their play becomes so nervous and they sit back and invite pressure. They can get over it with strong management but Di Matteo is totally limp as a manager. It doesn't seem like he cares.
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:20 pm

We go again. Preston on Saturday .... yet another team we should beat .... but will we?

I'll wait for tomorrow before trying to put some rational thoughts together on a Preston NE match thread.
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie on Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:35 pm

If we fail to win another I think it's curtains. The Doc has been very quiet on Twitter, I think a lot of thinking will be going on in his spare time.
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:12 am

I think Doctor T is human after all. His latest tweet indicates a desire to save face, by not having to admit that he personally got RDM's appointment so wrong.

I agree with the sentiment that things can take longer than you think to come good, but it will only eventually "come good" if you have the right man in charge, with the right qualities to produce a winning team.

RDM will never be the positive 'winning' manager that Villa need (imo), because he lacks the basic essential qualities.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-dr-tony-xia-11953749?
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:25 am

It does seem that regardless of the result against Preston RDM's job is safe for now. After the international break we play Wolves, Reading, Fulham and Birmingham in quick succession. Then we arrive at 'Bonfire night' on Nov 5th when we play Blackburn at Villa Park. By that time any chance of promotion even through the risky play offs may well have gone up in smoke under our current manager's regime!
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum