Dr. Tony Xia.

Page 1 of 23 1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 23  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dr. Tony Xia.

Post by villabromsgrove on Wed May 18, 2016 7:30 pm

http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10265~5580405,00.html?

What do we know about our new owner and Chairman, we need to put a lot more flesh on the bones of someone with a very sparse internet and media profile.

The OS has started us off with a potted history that totally lacks detail, so pitch in guys.
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dr. Tony Xia.

Post by GadgetMan on Wed May 18, 2016 7:56 pm

I've gathered (I think) that he is 30 there's a reference to him on Google being 24 in 2010. Someone said on Twitter (so get the pinch of salt) that he's worth 27bn, so one to research and check.

It appears most of what is known about him is on the Chinese web or Weibo, so if anyone can read Chinese then feel free to chip in.
GadgetMan
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie on Wed May 18, 2016 8:15 pm

I don't think someone who runs a group of companies all trading on the Chinese stock exchanges will be a pauper. Even if it's not £27billion he'll still not be rattling a pan for cash.

There were a couple of reports circulating earlier that he is a big Villa fan and his comments about 'Dr Xia's immediate objective is to return Aston Villa to the Premier League and then to have the Club finish in the top six, bringing European football back to Villa Park. He plans to make Aston Villa the most famous football Club in China with a huge fan base.' gives me a positive feeling.
Sandie

Location : Looking forward to a local derby against Burton Albion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan on Wed May 18, 2016 8:21 pm

Sandie wrote:I don't think someone who runs a group of companies all trading on the Chinese stock exchanges will be a pauper. Even if it's not £27billion he'll still not be rattling a pan for cash.

There were a couple of reports circulating earlier that he is a big Villa fan and his comments about 'Dr Xia's immediate objective is to return Aston Villa to the Premier League and then to have the Club finish in the top six, bringing European football back to Villa Park. He plans to make Aston Villa the most famous football Club in China with a huge fan base.' gives me a positive feeling.

Exactly, what I've read so far excites me greatly, intrigued to hear from him and see who is on his board. He's 40 by the way.
GadgetMan
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim Villan on Wed May 18, 2016 8:35 pm

How the hell is this guy just 30 it doesn't stack up. He is the president of a Big Chinese conglomerate, he has an degree from Havard has worked on huge urbanisation programmes involving the transition of 500 million people transitioning from rural to Urban living. Has worked on urban planning in cities around the world. From the snippets/Conjecture surrounding Tone so far he seems like a seriously intelligent, capable individual who has had backing from an early age. Oh and btw you can get odds of 5/6  on him being the next James Bond!!
Jim Villan
Private
Private

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan on Wed May 18, 2016 8:42 pm

Jim Villan wrote:How the hell is this guy just 30 it doesn't stack up. He is the president of a Big Chinese conglomerate, he has an degree from Havard has worked on huge urbanisation programmes involving the transition of 500 million people transitioning from rural to Urban living. Has worked on urban planning in cities around the world. From the snippets/Conjecture surrounding Tone so far he seems like a seriously intelligent, capable individual who has had backing from an early age. Oh and btw you can get odds of 5/6  on him being the next James Bond!!

He's 40 I corrected myself, but having been to Harvard, Oxford and MIT He sure is smart.
GadgetMan
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan on Wed May 18, 2016 8:44 pm

Bit more info on the new board (potentially) the Samuelson and Banfill in the photo (or shirt names at least) are part of this http://socfin.gi/ they helped with the aquistion of Mallorca amongst many other things. Have a read. Rumoured that the other guy is Cook and he is part of the UFC and they are in talks to sell to the Chinese too, so very interesting if the same guy.
GadgetMan
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie on Wed May 18, 2016 8:59 pm

Is it the ex-City Cook or another one?
Sandie

Location : Looking forward to a local derby against Burton Albion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim Villan on Wed May 18, 2016 9:05 pm

interesting info GM, this is really exciting as there are so many unknowns but one thing is certain its going to be a busy summer!!!
Jim Villan
Private
Private

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan on Wed May 18, 2016 9:15 pm

Sandie wrote:Is it the ex-City Cook or another one?

Could be mate, someone else also said it's a guy from the UFC. So guess we'll find out soon Very Happy

Just one of his PLC's Lotus Health Industry Holding Group is worth nearly $900 It's fair to say this guy isn't short of a bit of cash. Really keen to see if the other guys will form the board or if they just advised on the sale. A lot of expertise there if so. Hopes to appoint a manager 'shortly' too, not hanging around is he.
GadgetMan
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan on Wed May 18, 2016 9:15 pm

BBC write up here..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36327300
GadgetMan
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan on Wed May 18, 2016 9:21 pm

Sandie wrote:Is it the ex-City Cook or another one?

It is Garry Cook who is at the UFC, so if it is him, it's the same person. On a side note they are in talks to be sold to a Chinese Company too.
GadgetMan
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan on Thu May 19, 2016 6:40 am

One thing regarding Dr X is he's un-googleble. Literally nothing (with the exception of the villa takeover stories) part of me thinks this is a Chinese thing, as there appears to be more if you access Google China. I'm going to use a VPN later and set my region to China and see if I can find anymore info.

Villa's Chinese site hosted by Weibo (which I think is a Chinese search engine has a bit more detail than the uk one. So as said it really could be a Chinese thing. I'm sure the journalists will hopefully be digging and finding out a lot more as well as proper unveiling and press conferences etc!!

Oh the Samuelson on the shirts IS the guy that tried to buy Everton. He and Banfill helped with the DD and Acquisition, so maybe some of them won't be part of the actual board. I remember Lerner initially coming in with a bigger team, including Harris and who helped advise.

Lots to learn, but reason enough to be excited I think.

GadgetMan
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan on Thu May 19, 2016 6:42 am

GadgetMan
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan on Thu May 19, 2016 6:44 am