Summer 2015 Transfer Window

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Summer 2015 Transfer Window

Post by GadgetMan on Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:26 pm

The Bald Eagle wrote:Something was said about Adebayor wanting to bring too much baggage with him. I have not got to the bottom of that yet.
What is good is that nobody is now saying 'get rid of the lot' which is something that I have heard many times, and said myself, over the last few seasons. A season with less niggling long term injuries would be a step forward, surely we deserve that for a change.

Adebayor has problems with Spurs and money owed to his African Foundation as part of contract agreements, that is what im told is stopping him leaving. On a loan, not a risk for me. I have a tenner at 11/1

Agree re the second part, We have a decent squad now. I'd ease Gabby out in a part exchange for Afobe and I'd love Valdes to come in (if his deal has really collapsed) and Lescott to make Clark focus again.
GadgetMan
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim Villan on Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:30 pm

With Man U just about to buy a striker it could be possible that Wilson will be going out on loan, he is player that has been linked to us this summer., could he be heading to villa. I wouldn't be too keen, if we're to get a striker they need to be proven imo.
Jim Villan
Private
Private

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan on Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:44 pm

No solid links anywhere to be seen other than Lescott. I have a sneaky suspicion (as I have for weeks) we will bring in Adebayor. Then maybe one more on loan. I expect us to be doing some buisness tomorrow basically and will be a tad disappointed and see it as an opportunity missed if we don't.
GadgetMan
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Leafs1201 on Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:59 pm

GadgetMan wrote:I expect us to be doing some buisness tomorrow basically and will be a tad disappointed and see it as an opportunity missed if we don't.

I'll be gutted if we don't bring in a couple of new faces, we need some experience at the back and up front to help the new foreign legion, I think we are playing with fire by not replacing Benteke's goals with Charlie Austin and look at his record since he turned pro with Swindon, wherever he has played and at whatever level the guy has scored goals and was crystal clear to see in all 4 games this season that's what we need, also need the Lescott deal to be done so he can help sort out the incompetence at the back, come on Villa get the business done.
Leafs1201
Private
Private

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie on Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:25 pm

Jim Villan wrote:With Man U just about to buy a striker it could be possible that Wilson will be going out on loan, he is player that has been linked to us this summer., could he be heading to villa. I wouldn't be too keen, if we're to get a striker they need to be proven imo.

Not really keen on taking on other club's young players and developing them either. Agree that a proven striker is what's needed, we already have enough of them who have to prove something.
Sandie

Location : Looking forward to a local derby against Burton Albion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan on Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:32 pm

Sandie wrote:
Jim Villan wrote:With Man U just about to buy a striker it could be possible that Wilson will be going out on loan, he is player that has been linked to us this summer., could he be heading to villa. I wouldn't be too keen, if we're to get a striker they need to be proven imo.

Not really keen on taking on other club's young players and developing them either. Agree that a proven striker is what's needed, we already have enough of them who have to prove something.

Yep we have potential, we now need established. I think Tim knows this, it's a matter of whether Randy Lerner is willing to pay for it. All the good work of the summer could hinge on the next 26hrs. We could fall short and go with potential, or we could go the extra few miles and top off a lot of good work with a couple of premium additions. Hernandez from mufc will surely now be surplus to requirements? What do we think of him? (Thinking domino effect)

Could be a really busy last day for many clubs. We have an "All in one Deadline Day Thread" just for the day to discuss, anything and everything, be it villa or not, rumour or fact. Come and join the fun. I'll be linking to any bit of gossip from twitter and popping it in the thread to discuss, for the day, others feel free to do the same.

Our own SSN Deadline Day, Yellow Ties, aren't needed Very Happy
GadgetMan
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim Villan on Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:14 pm

Hernandez is in Talks with leverkusen according to sky sports. Transfer Deadline day you've got to love it, even if 9 times out of 10, it's a complete anti-climax for us. Lets hope we get some suprise action!

If yellow ties aren't needed what about purple dildo's

Last edited by Jim Villan on Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jim Villan
Private
Private

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by avfcff1982 on Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:20 pm

Was just about to say Hernandez would be an excellent move for us, then saw that he's off to Leverkusen for £8.75m. Ah well it's Charlie Austin then, go for it Tim!

Oops, snap.
avfcff1982
Private
Private

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Bald Eagle on Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:30 pm

Prolific centre forward / goal poacher like a modern day Robbie Keane / Defoe / Kevin Phillips, the type of player who you always dreaded coming on against us as they usually scored. Players with an eye for goal. If we can't get the main man, we need someone who would get the crowd going when seeing them unleashed with 30 mins to go.
The Bald Eagle
Private
Private

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim Villan on Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:43 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ya63uUHGfXM

Just incase the Purple dildo reference was a bit too tenuous!
Jim Villan
Private
Private

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:49 pm

Jim Villan wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ya63uUHGfXM

I'm glad you've explained the reference, I was getting worried. Very Happy
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie on Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:58 pm

I've neither a purple dildo nor a yellow tie. Will a purple tie do?
Sandie

Location : Looking forward to a local derby against Burton Albion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan on Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:06 pm

Jim Villan wrote:Hernandez is in Talks with leverkusen according to sky sports. Transfer Deadline day you've got to love it even if 9 out of 10 it is a complete anti-climax for us. Lets hope we get some suprose action!

If yellow ties aren't needed what about purple dildo's

Only in Stoke haha!!
GadgetMan
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan on Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:06 pm

Jim Villan wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ya63uUHGfXM

I got it JV, don't worry haha!!
GadgetMan
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan on Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:09 pm

Sandie wrote:I've neither a purple dildo nor a yellow tie. Will a purple tie do?

Perfect!! ha!!

Edit: Damn re Henandez, would have been a perfect fox in the box for us.
GadgetMan
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum