Summer 2015 Transfer Window

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Summer 2015 Transfer Window

Post by Jim Villan on Sun Aug 30, 2015 1:51 pm

I wonder whether the Domino effect that Sherwood was referring to, was purely in reference to Lescott signing. I think he would have know that lescott was in the bag on Friday. So if were looking for a striker, then none of the strikers we've been linked to Adebayor, Afobe or Austin, particularly hinge on their club getting a replacement first,  maybe wolves. So who do we think Villa are looking at that would fit with the so called domino effect notion. Maybe Wilson from Man U? Any guesses guys?

Last edited by Jim Villan on Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jim Villan
Private
Private

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kimbo on Sun Aug 30, 2015 2:11 pm

The domino effect comment was interesting, maybe we'll have a busy deadline day?
Kimbo
Private
Private

View user profile http://www.basementnoise.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim Villan on Sun Aug 30, 2015 2:36 pm

Hey Kimbo, maybe Tim will be the new Arry? Judging by the turnover of players in and out this transfer window it is highly probable that he will want to do something other than just Lescott tomorrow. should be pretty exciting!!! :Yes
Jim Villan
Private
Private

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan on Sun Aug 30, 2015 2:43 pm

Jim Villan wrote:Hey Kimbo, maybe Tim will be the new Arry? Judging by the turnover of players in and out this transfer window it is highly probable that he will want to do something other than just Lescott tomorrow. should be pretty exciting!!!   :Yes

I said earlier in the window TS will definitely fancy a bit of last day action, quite whether we get the window door, arm on the door, full on Arry is another matter, but I think we could see Lescott wrapped up tomorrow and 2 more in on Tuesday. Would love one of those to be Afobe with either Gabby or Nzog going the other way(or both) if not Adebayor, with another being a loan from Europe or the EPL. So 3 in before Tuesday and possibly 2 out.
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie on Sun Aug 30, 2015 3:50 pm

Wonder if we could be in for a surprise? I like surprises. Though hopefully not the Simon Dawkins style surprise.
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Location : Looking forward to a local derby against Burton Albion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Leafs1201 on Sun Aug 30, 2015 5:51 pm

Hopefully we'll get Lescott in which will hopefully mean Ciaran Clark gets nowhere near the pitch for a long time, but I'm very worried that we won't get a striker in, and even more worried that Tim won't try as he thinks what we've got is sufficient, hope I'm wrong, UTV, SOTC...

Last edited by Leafs1201 on Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Leafs1201
Private
Private

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan on Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:54 pm

Sandie wrote:Wonder if we could be in for a surprise? I like surprises. Though hopefully not the Simon Dawkins style surprise.

I recall that infamous "the lights are still on at VP, it looks like there's on more to come" by the OS for it to be Dawkins! Talk about being trolled by your own club. Deary me haha!
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan on Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:22 pm

I see the Victor Valdes deal has collapsed. Go and get him Tim.
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lukevilla on Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:45 am

The domino effect comment by Sherwood think he was just talking about players leaving!

lukevilla
Private
Private

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Joelleen on Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:43 am

Apparently Valdez wants to stay in the uk...

No idea why!

Joelleen
Private
Private

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim Villan on Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:10 am

What's everyone's opinion of valdes. He's a good shot stopper, but I don't rate his all round game. I think he is weak off crosses to be expective considering he is only 6ft. I see him as a Shay Given type and to be honest apart form Guzans woeful distribution, i prefer his all round game than that of valdez. Having said that, i've got a feeling that Tim might make a move for Valdez, as hes been after a keeper all summer and he's available. Guzan must work on his throw outs, on was hestitating on throw outs again on saturday, its like a nervous tick he has, With players like traore, grealish sinclair in the side if Guzan cant imrove this than we will be missing out on opportunities to counter attack teams.
Jim Villan
Private
Private

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim Villan on Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:24 am

Jelle vossen has joined club Bruge.....The domino effect.....obbi oulare? Laughing
Jim Villan
Private
Private

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:07 pm

Jim Villan wrote:Jelle vossen has joined club Bruge.....The domino effect.....obbi oulare? Laughing
I love the guy and we'd make money on him, but he's not ready to play regularly in the Premier League yet. He's only just started playing 90 minutes occasionally in Belgium.
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan on Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:27 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:
Jim Villan wrote:Jelle vossen has joined club Bruge.....The domino effect.....obbi oulare? Laughing
I love the guy and we'd make money on him, but he's not ready to play regularly in the Premier League yet. He's only just started playing 90 minutes occasionally in Belgium.

Let's take him anyway as well as Adebayor on loan (whilst he develops) and Lescott plus Valdes should see us done Very Happy
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Bald Eagle on Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:07 pm

Something was said about Adebayor wanting to bring too much baggage with him. I have not got to the bottom of that yet.
What is good is that nobody is now saying 'get rid of the lot' which is something that I have heard many times, and said myself, over the last few seasons. A season with less niggling long term injuries would be a step forward, surely we deserve that for a change.
The Bald Eagle
Private
Private

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: