Summer 2015 Transfer Window

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Summer 2015 Transfer Window

Post by Jim Villan on Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:55 am

Spot on VB, We have done some sterling work in the transfer window, one of the most impressive windows, possibly the most impressive ever, due to the type of players we have signed ADAMA AMAVI GUEYE AND VERETOUT could all turn in to worldclass talents imo, even during MON spending era, we were buying safe bet type signings. However the premier league is all about fine lines. We experienced these fine lines in the crystal palace match, you can be looking like you are going to get a result for the majority of the match, and then then other team has a bit of quality and you end up with nothing. WE MUST FINISH OFF THE GOOD WORK WE'VE DONE BY GETTING A TOP PROVEN STRIKER AND A EXPERIENCED PROVEN CENTRE BACK. By signing these two players  We will be protecting our investment they will help give a spine to the team and will take the pressure off young prospects, and let them flourish. If we fail to get these two players, we could be left with a team that looks exciting and entertains but ultimately struggles to collect points week in week out. How much will our young prospects be worth  if we get relegated this season?  Adebayor and Lescott would do the job. Charlie Austin would be even better. We will see the extent of Villas new found ambition this week one way or another!
Jim Villan
Private
Private

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan on Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:23 am

Jim Villan wrote:Spot on VB, We have done some sterling work in the transfer window, one of the most impressive windows, possibly the most impressive ever, due to the type of players we have signed ADAMA AMAVI GUEYE AND VERETOUT could all turn in to worldclass talents imo, even during MON spending era, we were buying safe bet type signings. However the premier league is all about fine lines. We experienced these fine lines in the crystal palace match, you can be looking like you are going to get a result for the majority of the match, and then then other team has a bit of quality and you end up with nothing. WE MUST FINISH OFF THE GOOD WORK WE'VE DONE BY GETTING A TOP PROVEN STRIKER AND A EXPERIENCED PROVEN CENTRE BACK. By signing these two players  We will be protecting our investment they will help give a spine to the team and will take the pressure off young prospects, and let them flourish. If we fail to get these two players, we could be left with a team that looks exciting and entertains but ultimately struggles to collect points week in week out. How much will our young prospects be worth  if we get relegated this season?  Adebayor and Lescott would do the job. Charlie Austin would be even better. We will see the extent of Villas new found ambition this week one way or another!

Excellent post (I've 'liked' it which ladies and gents, you can do on the left hand side if you so wish for any post) Spot on though. Over to you Mr Lerner......

Will it happen though?? Thoughts please...

Last edited by GadgetMan on Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:48 am; edited 1 time in total
GadgetMan
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:32 am

Jim Villan wrote:Spot on VB, We have done some sterling work in the transfer window, one of the most impressive windows, possibly the most impressive ever, due to the type of players we have signed ADAMA AMAVI GUEYE AND VERETOUT could all turn in to worldclass talents imo, even during MON spending era, we were buying safe bet type signings. However the premier league is all about fine lines. We experienced these fine lines in the crystal palace match, you can be looking like you are going to get a result for the majority of the match, and then then other team has a bit of quality and you end up with nothing. WE MUST FINISH OFF THE GOOD WORK WE'VE DONE BY GETTING A TOP PROVEN STRIKER AND A EXPERIENCED PROVEN CENTRE BACK. By signing these two players  We will be protecting our investment they will help give a spine to the team and will take the pressure off young prospects, and let them flourish. If we fail to get these two players, we could be left with a team that looks exciting and entertains but ultimately struggles to collect points week in week out. How much will our young prospects be worth  if we get relegated this season?  Adebayor and Lescott would do the job. Charlie Austin would be even better. We will see the extent of Villas new found ambition this week one way or another!

Top post James!

It made me feel really excited again about the potential of the players you've mentioned. Sometimes we forget the positives because we're desperate for TS to put the negatives right!
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie on Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:18 pm

Spot on, Jim. All our players are gambles and anything can happen with them. We might tear up the league or we might sink as they struggle to get used to playing week-in-week-out. It's unlikely that they will all come good.

In other news, read somewhere that Tonev is off to Frosinone Calcio. I've never heard off them (if asked, I'd have thought a Frosinone was a kind of pizza) but they're newly promoted to Serie A. Good riddance, I think we will all agree.
Sandie

Location : Looking forward to a local derby against Burton Albion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim Villan on Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:30 pm

Tonev must have to go down as one of the Villa's worst ever players....His shots from the corner flag will not be missed!
Jim Villan
Private
Private

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie on Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:51 pm

I think Tonev's contribution is best summed up by how there doesn't even seem to be a piece saying he's left on the OS! I remember going to see us play Spurs in the league cup a couple of seasons back. Tonev was making a rare start and was utterly awful. Couldn't keep the ball, couldn't cross the ball and as for his attempts on goal...
Sandie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan on Thu Aug 27, 2015 3:25 pm

Agreed, I think Tonev was one of Lambert's worst buys. Petrov may be a great man, but he's no scout if we judge him on Tonev. Total disaster. Just need to get rid of N'zogbia, Senderos, Richardson and bring in a Quality CB and CF and we'd have had a superb window, a dream window in context to the last few years and the fact we lost CB and FD and are still for sale etc!! UTV
GadgetMan
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Leafs1201 on Thu Aug 27, 2015 3:32 pm

How much do we think Tonev was on, maybe £15K per week max, just thinking how much more we've saved from the wage bill, it's vital IMO that we offload NZogbia ASAP to further allow wages to be spent elsewhere and as already mentioned an experienced CB & ST would finish off the good work that's already been done.
Leafs1201
Private
Private

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:30 pm

Another day nearly gone .... and counting. scratch
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by South London Villan on Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:33 pm

Personally I will drive to Villa Park, pick up Nzogbia and drive him to Dubai if that is what it takes.
South London Villan
Private
Private

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan on Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:25 pm

South London Villan wrote:Personally I will drive to Villa Park, pick up Nzogbia and drive him to Dubai if that is what it takes.

I'll offer too, always wanted to go to Dubai Very Happy Is this link real? out the loop of the news today..
GadgetMan
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie on Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:54 pm

Here's something interesting (from the Birmingham Mail article explaining why Lambert is talking balls about our spending):

2012/13: £23.7million
2013/14: £16.5milllion
2014/15: £8.95million
2015/16: £5.25million

So we've spent less net than any of Lambert's three seasons and if we're matching the figures from his first two seasons Sherwood will have enough in reserve to get in a couple more.  Will be interesting to see what the wage bill has done over the summer but in Benteke, Delph, Given and Vlaar we've probably lost four of our biggest earners and the new players will probably be on a fraction of what they got.
Sandie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan on Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:20 pm

Sandie wrote:Here's something interesting (from the Birmingham Mail article explaining why Lambert is talking balls about our spending):

2012/13: £23.7million
2013/14: £16.5milllion
2014/15: £8.95million
2015/16: £5.25million

So we've spent less net than any of Lambert's three seasons and if we're matching the figures from his first two seasons Sherwood will have enough in reserve to get in a couple more.  Will be interesting to see what the wage bill has done over the summer but in Benteke, Delph, Given and Vlaar we've probably lost four of our biggest earners and the new players will probably be on a fraction of what they got.

Good find that Sandie. I'll post that image on our twitter feed, sums PL up nicely. /the blokes trying to get a job which is fine, just keep Villa out of it (You'd be best too anyway, given the mess you made) Focus on what you did with Norwich.

GadgetMan
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan on Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:21 pm

Allow me to briefly hijack the thread and point your eyes to this great article by our very own Chris Harte http://www.theclaretandbluearmy.com/t33-jumpers-for-goalposts-an-exclusive-blog-presented-by-claret-and-blue-army#1079

As you were Very Happy
GadgetMan
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan on Sun Aug 30, 2015 1:17 pm

So three days left of the window (including today) What will we do? What do we need and what will we get?

I think Lescott is nailed on and I hope we get a striker (Adebayor) or go all out and buy Austin or Afobe.

Still two loan spots up for grabs, so we could conceivably get Adebayor and another to fill these slots, a RB?
GadgetMan
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum