Summer 2015 Transfer Window

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Summer 2015 Transfer Window

Post by villabromsgrove on Sun Aug 23, 2015 5:28 pm

Sandie wrote:The Adebayor thing is interesting, it went very quiet amid claims that he was trying to force a move to another club or something. Sherwood then said it was off the table but we might go back in for him. Wouldn't be surprised if he was brought in though I think it depends on how keen he is to get games. He might be happy just to pick up a paycheck at Spurs.

Adebayor is still a good footballer (I hope Very Happy ) However, if the media are right for a change and he didn't fancy coming to us, then I don't think we should take a chance on a highly overpaid player who would be here reluctantly.
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie on Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:13 pm

I think he's a gamble but as said goalscorers are hard to come by and as such the ones we can afford that will come to us will all be that. It's a choice between someone who has proved themselves to an extent before but has issues or someone who has done well at a lower level but is yet to prove themselves at a Premier League level. I suppose Austin is the one exception to that rule but don't think we'll be paying £15million for a player sadly.

Adebayor is the first of those. He can score goals but can sulk or go off the boil. I have no doubt that a fully committed Adebayor could give us a couple of fantastic seasons but even when he was at some massive clubs his commitment waxed and waned.
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Location : Looking forward to a local derby against Burton Albion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan on Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:48 pm

I've heard re Adebayor that the reason he hasn't moved anywhere yet, is not location based and not purely selfish financial reasons, it's actually (so the story goes) to do with money owed by Spurs to his African Foundation as part of his contract. It may not be true and the usual caution applies. IF however it is true, it doesn't mean he doesn't want to play for us at all (quite the opposite I was told) but more to do with standing his ground with Spurs and Levy. Let's see, I'm certain he will come, probably on deadline day.
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:44 pm

Is Lescott coming to Villa? Sky are saying that he's been told he can leave by WBA subject to them completing a defensive signing.

What do we think guys?
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Morddred on Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:00 pm

I think we will only really know how good the transfer window has been around the new year when the squad has had time to learn to play together.
I am optimistic that we will be doing ok by then.
Morddred
Private
Private

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:03 pm

Ideally we need a CB with loads of defensive CB experience to dictate our shape, and a striker who has Premier League goals on his CV.

Without these two players our exciting new signings are going to struggle to get it together.
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie on Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:12 pm

I'd be concerned that the Stripeys aren't that keen to keep hold of Lescott. If he's dispensable to them, is he good enough for us?
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan on Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:15 pm

Sandie wrote:I'd be concerned that the Stripeys aren't that keen to keep hold of Lescott. If he's dispensable to them, is he good enough for us?

Perhaps he's made it clear he wants out and therefore they won't stand in his way? Just guessing. At the right price, he will organise our defence imo him and Austin/Adebayor and we will have some much needed EPL experience and quality.
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by South London Villan on Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:58 pm

I posted some where else, will the defence be a pairing of Richards and Lescott with Okore RB and Amavi LB, or will he go for 5 across the back with Richards, Clark and Lescott, Amavi and Okore/Bacuna/Hutton?

I would like to see Okore given a run in the side, I felt he was a better option to Vlaar and paired well with Baker and Clark last season.
South London Villan
Private
Private

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan on Mon Aug 24, 2015 7:07 pm

South London Villan wrote:I posted some where else, will the defence be a pairing of Richards and Lescott with Okore RB and Amavi LB, or will he go for 5 across the back with Richards, Clark and Lescott, Amavi and Okore/Bacuna/Hutton?

I would like to see Okore given a run in the side, I felt he was a better option to Vlaar and paired well with Baker and Clark last season.

I wouldn't mind a back 3 of Richards Okore and Clark/Lescott with Amavi and Bacuna as wing backs, this would keep us unpredictable and mix it up depending on the opposition.
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by South London Villan on Mon Aug 24, 2015 7:08 pm

It is the unpredictable that worries me!
South London Villan
Private
Private

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan on Mon Aug 24, 2015 7:20 pm

South London Villan wrote:It is the unpredictable that worries me!

Hopefully it will worry the opposition too
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie on Mon Aug 24, 2015 7:41 pm

Both Amavi and Bacuna love to attack so being used as wing-backs would really suit them. It'd make it more difficult to accomodate some of our great wide players but at the end of the day, it's an option and it's good to have those rather than just playing one rigid way like we did under Lambert and McLeish.
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim Villan on Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:20 pm

I haven't seen Lescott play week in week out for the last couple of seasons, so dont know whether he could do a job for us or not, but if lescott is even 80% of the player he used to be, then I feel he could add something. I think that him and Micah Richards could form a decent partnership as their games compliment each other well and they get on personally. I feel that richards can make up for Lescotts lack of speed wheras Lescott can make up for Richards positional weakness. Both of them are good arially which is vital if we are going to stop conceding set piece goals which has plagued us for seasons now.
Jim Villan
Private
Private

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:23 pm

Jim Villan wrote:I haven't seen Lescott play week in week out for the last couple of seasons, so dont know whether he could do a job for us or not, but if lescott is even 80% of the player he used to be, then I feel he could add something. I think that him and Micah Richards could form a decent partnership as their games compliment each other well and they get on personally. I feel that richards can make up for Lescotts lack of speed wheras Lescott can make up for Richards positional weakness. Both of them are good arially which is vital if we are going to stop conceding set piece goals which has plagued us for seasons now.
It looks a better partnership, than having two players who both vacate their positions regularly to attack the ball. It depends on how fit Lescott is. He did well last season.
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum