View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Summer 2015 Transfer Window

Post by villabromsgrove on Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:39 pm

We currently have four strikers:
Agbonlahor
Gestede
Ayew
Kozak
Can anyone tell me who our first choice striker is?

When we lost Benteke to the inevitable big bid from Liverpool, I think we would all have agreed on one thing .... we had to buy a nailed on experienced Premier League goal scorer, good enough for his name to be first on the team sheet for every match. We simply cannot guarantee that we will score enough goals without an experienced first choice striker.

We now have less than 24 hours to make it happen!
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan on Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:50 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:We currently have four strikers:
Agbonlahor
Gestede
Ayew
Kozak
Can anyone tell me who our first choice striker is?

When we lost Benteke to the inevitable big bid from Liverpool, I think we would all have agreed on one thing .... we had to buy a nailed on experienced Premier League goal scorer, good enough for his name to be first on the team sheet for every match. We simply cannot guarantee that we will score enough goals without an experienced first choice striker.

We now have less than 24 hours to make it happen!

I hope TS recognises this too and is currently doing something about it. He seems pretty chipper re Deadline Day in the footage I just watched (albeit was only 14 seconds long, but talking about it at least being an early night at 6pm) I think he has something lined up and I know I've mentioned him a few times, but I'm convinced we're going to get Adebayor tomorrow on loan. I've heard rumblings (that may well just be my stomach saying eat) a deal is closer today than at any point in recent weeks, ie he's now resolved his issues with Spurs and ready to move.

One to watch i think. The usual, it's just a rumour until proven otherwise disclaimer is attached. Let's see huh?!
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim Villan on Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:05 pm

Sounds Intresting GM, I for one would be delighted with Adebayor because he is a good finisher, but just as important, he could be a real linch pin for our creative players.

Last edited by Jim Villan on Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jim Villan
Private
Private

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan on Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:14 pm

Jim Villan wrote:Sounds Intresting GM, I for one would be delighted with Adebayor because I feel that he is a good finisher, but just as important he could be a real linch pin for our creative players with.

IF what I've heard is true (and you never know, especially around deadline day, things can change just like that) however should it be true Villa are still trying to get him to sign and we get a motivated, focused Adebayor (the one that performed so well for Sherwood at Spurs) then we could have quite the player on our hands. He would be ideal to lead the line and provide a focal point for all the creativity behind him, whilst being a great link player too. All depends on which Ade you get and IF it happens full stop.
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Obnoxious Lion on Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:36 pm

We really need too shift a few more players out and before 1PM tomorrow, the likes of N'Zogbia, Senderos, Richardson and Cole all look surplus to requirements.

I'm not convinced we will get Adebayor or Austin, still think we will look at the foreign market for a striker.
Obnoxious Lion
Private
Private

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan on Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:10 pm

Obnoxious Lion wrote:We really need too shift a few more players out and before 1PM tomorrow, the likes of N'Zogbia, Senderos, Richardson and Cole all look surplus to requirements.

I'm not convinced we will get Adebayor or Austin, still think we will look at the foreign market for a striker.

As time ticks down we're running out of time to do deals. Lescott pretty much there and then you're left with either thighs you've been working on for a while or loans (no lengthy medical if it's just a loan for instance and more likely to be done last minute. So I can can JL, Adebayor as the striker on loan and perhaps another loan. Maximum. Think Senderos and perhaps Richardson leaving. Nzog looks unlikely unless we agree to pay his wage (I'd try and part ex him for someone like Afobe) 2/3 in max. Mostly likely 1 or two though.

Be nice to be surprised though and the whole window from our perspective has been a surprise so let's go out with a bang!!! Go on Randy, Tom, Tim, you know you want to do it!!! UTV
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan on Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:35 pm

My mate John Percy seems to agree with me re Adebayor http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/11835389/Aston-Villa-back-in-for-Emmanuel-Adebayor.html
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie on Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:17 am

Lescott fee agreed according to Sky.
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Location : Looking forward to a local derby against Burton Albion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:01 am

I'm beginning to warm to the signing of Tiago Ilori. A big right footed speed merchant with good technical skills, playing RB behind a powerful tricky speed merchant Adama Traore .... could the right side be sorted?
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan on Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:30 pm

Closed this thread and all reactions to the window can be expressed in here

http://www.theclaretandbluearmy.com/t43-reactions-to-the-transfer-window
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

View user profile