Who's next?

Page 5 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Who's next?

Post by villabromsgrove on Wed Apr 13, 2016 3:18 pm

It's frustrating waiting, but I guess that's all we can do. Roll on the end of this awful season.
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie on Wed Apr 13, 2016 4:15 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:
Sandie wrote:I have a feeling we are more likely to pursue a cheap appointment, sadly.
I wonder? Bernstein and King know that you don't get results unless you get the basic structure right. The manager and his coaching team are the keystone to this building job.

It's crucial. The board have so far shown that they can talk the talk and now they need to walk the walk. So why do I have a feeling of impending doom in the pit of my stomach?
Sandie

Location : Looking forward to a local derby against Burton Albion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Wed Apr 13, 2016 5:19 pm

Sandie wrote:
villabromsgrove wrote:
Sandie wrote:I have a feeling we are more likely to pursue a cheap appointment, sadly.
I wonder? Bernstein and King know that you don't get results unless you get the basic structure right. The manager and his coaching team are the keystone to this building job.

It's crucial. The board have so far shown that they can talk the talk and now they need to walk the walk. So why do I have a feeling of impending doom in the pit of my stomach?
Experience! Every time Randy has had the chance to put things right .... he's got it horribly wrong.

For that reason I shouldn't be upbeat, but strangely I am. It might just be the nasty virus that I've got at the moment, scrambling my brains. But, the more I think about the combined talents of Bernstein, Bevington, Little and the highly respected former top financier in these isles Lord King, the more I'm convinced that we will get this decision right. If it was just down to Brian on his own, he might be a bit overwhelmed by the responsibility, and recommend an experienced safe pair of Championship hands.

That won't work for Bernstein and co. They will have a plan that they intend to implement, and our new manager and staff will have to satisfy the Football Board that they can get it done at all levels, not just in the Championship. Maybe I'll end up disappointed, but I would be surprised if the former head of the English FA, and the former Managing Director of Club England do not succeed in attracting their number one target, whoever that may be.
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie on Thu Apr 14, 2016 2:27 am

Pearson and Powell?: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3538464/Aston-Villa-eye-Nigel-Pearson-Chris-Powell-dream-team-oversee-bid-make-time-Premier-League-return.html?
Sandie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:42 am

Sandie wrote:Pearson and Powell?: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3538464/Aston-Villa-eye-Nigel-Pearson-Chris-Powell-dream-team-oversee-bid-make-time-Premier-League-return.html?
Ithink our football board will be keeping info tight. This sounds like conjecture to me.
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie on Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:45 pm

I think conjecture is all we will have until an official announcement, though there's no doubt at least one piece of conjecture that will prove correct. It's a marked contrast for how appointments were made under the last administration. It always seemed to be obvious who would be brought in.
Sandie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Sat Apr 16, 2016 1:48 pm

I wonder whether relegation today will mean we will have an up to date statement from the club about what's happening?

Probably not. Very Happy
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie on Sat Apr 16, 2016 2:10 pm

I'd like to think that we're just waiting for confirmation of relegation before doing anything. That's probably not the case, sadly.
Sandie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Sat Apr 16, 2016 4:00 pm

Southgate is sitting next to Brian Little .... Gulp!
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie on Sat Apr 16, 2016 4:02 pm

I saw that mentioned elsewhere. Hopefully he's just catching up with his former gaffer. Or maybe he's a prospective Head of Football Operations?
Sandie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Sat Apr 16, 2016 4:24 pm

Villa need a couple of really dominant characters sorting this mess out .... and we need them soon. Southgate's a nice man, but he's no ones idea of a strong boss.

Hopefully he's just scouting Rashford for the England U21's.
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:51 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36072788

I hope there's some truth in this story, but there are no quotes, sources or anything that gives an indication of whether Moyes is keen, and also that we've not contacted him as yet.

Let's have a proper story BBC.
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:53 pm

A few weeks ago I'd have been worried that Moyes was at the bottom of Paddy's "things to do list", although he's still here isn't he!
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie on Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:37 pm

My concern is that our board are thinking Moyes is maybe too big a name and have avoided making contact. He, meanwhile, is very interested in taking the job but his phone hasn't been ringing so he's expressed his interest to media chums.
Sandie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:52 pm

After the shock of yesterdays cataclysmic events, any manager who wanted to take the Villa job would have only one possible motive .... Money! You would have to question the ambition and sanity of any willing candidate at the moment.
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum