Who's next?

Page 15 of 16 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Who's next?

Post by villabromsgrove on Tue May 31, 2016 6:39 pm

Sandie wrote:And nobody's saying anything within this vacuum. It's almost like Villa Park has disappeared whilst we've not been looking. Can somebody pop over to Aston and see if there's still a stadium there?
It really is a weird feeling isn't it.
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie on Tue May 31, 2016 10:38 pm

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/7186676/Roberto-Di-Matteo-is-the-new-Aston-Villa-manager-on-a-35000-a-week-contract.html
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Location : Looking forward to a local derby against Burton Albion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:18 am

Sandie wrote:http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/7186676/Roberto-Di-Matteo-is-the-new-Aston-Villa-manager-on-a-35000-a-week-contract.html
It's good of Villa and sources close to Di Matteo to tell the Sun that he'll be on £35,000 per week.
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:20 am

This is at the same time as the Mail are telling us that Tony Xia is being turned down by the league because he hasn't got the money .... I'm not even going to link it.
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:47 am

The bookies have suspended betting on next Villa manager. They think it's a done deal.
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie on Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:24 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:The bookies have suspended betting on next Villa manager. They think it's a done deal.

Surprised it's been dragged out this long to be honest. Second favourite was Pearson who had already taken another job.
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan on Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:40 pm

I think we will see an announcement tomorrow/Friday, I guess it's a hard process to appoint a manager not knowing specifically what the future looks like. A. The takeover goes through and you have x amount of money with y and z as ambition and B. It gets denied and you have a completely different looking task as manager. I wonder how that has been incorporated into a contract? OR have Villa waited until such a point where by the club and Xia pretty much know they will be accepted and then got their man?

I originally said the 8th of June for the takeover to be done, I may not be far off and 8 is a very lucky number in Chinese, I think it equates to wealth....I'll settle for it being tomorrow or friday though.
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie on Wed Jun 01, 2016 6:30 pm

I think there has to be a degree of confidence that this will go through. The funds, as the claims go, are in place so the deal must be on fairly solid ground contrary to press speculation. With all that in mind, I'm not sure they will be preparing for the possibility that a takeover won't occur. Especially as Di Matteo seems to be the choice of the new owner alone.
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:41 am

We should have something to talk about in the next 36 hours. It doesn't make sense delaying Di Matteo's introduction to a job (if a decision's been made) that will take up every minute between now and August 6th and beyond.
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie on Thu Jun 02, 2016 2:38 pm

Nothing from the club but BBC saying RDM and Steve Clarke as assistant: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36435484

Clarke's a good coach and has Championship management experience so would be happy with this.
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim Villan on Thu Jun 02, 2016 2:50 pm

The RDM Steve Clarke Looks like a an ideal partnership. The main concern I had about RDM as manager was the lack of Recent championship knowledge, but of course now that shouldn't be an issue. This partnership should provide a solid foundation to build from.
Jim Villan
Private
Private

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Thu Jun 02, 2016 2:59 pm

I'm just waiting to see it confirmed on the official site before I start commenting.
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Thu Jun 02, 2016 3:28 pm

I'm being a bit of a killjoy aren't I? I guess that either there's no one at VP/BMH or the computer is locked up!

On that basis I'm going to say a really big HELLO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roberto Di Matteo has a wealth of footballing experience as a player, and he's not disgraced himself in any of his management jobs. My major concern with RDM is can he coach and set up a defence. Well, if the Steve Clarke appointment as his assistant is correct then it's job done defensively.

A combination of RDM/SC also brings more strength and solidity to our management pair. They've seen it all and done it all, so players who try to bunk off will get short shrift.

I'm still going to wait for official confirmation, but if it's true then Tony Xia has got himself off to a good start.
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie on Thu Jun 02, 2016 3:39 pm

I'm waiting for confirmation too. What's keeping them? Person who does the OS stories sat on a beach somewhere?

Odd if the BBC have jumped the gun.
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Thu Jun 02, 2016 3:45 pm

I'm guessing that AVFC have briefed key media about an announcement (probably Friday AM). The Beeb may have "gone early" due to Pat Murphy's inside track.
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 16 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum