Who's next?

Page 2 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Who's next?

Post by Sandie on Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:26 pm

Some articles suggesting that they are worryingly keen on Pearson. Not sure what to make of him beyond him being a loose cannon.
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Location : Looking forward to a local derby against Burton Albion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:44 pm

Pearson is a flawed character. If I've read the new board correctly, they will not employ someone with obvious personality defects as a key employee. In my opinion any punter putting money on Pearson as the next Villa manager is throwing money down the drain.
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie on Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:52 pm

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/mar/31/garry-monk-interested-replacing-remi-garde-aston-villa-manager?

Monk reminds me of a slightly better version of Sherwood. I'm not sure that he's all bad as a manager and he might be a good manager for someone in time but I think we should hold out for someone with more experience.
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Thu Mar 31, 2016 7:29 pm

Sandie wrote:http://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/mar/31/garry-monk-interested-replacing-remi-garde-aston-villa-manager?

Monk reminds me of a slightly better version of Sherwood. I'm not sure that he's all bad as a manager and he might be a good manager for someone in time but I think we should hold out for someone with more experience.
Our new manager has to be able to walk into Body Moor Heath on his first day and say to the players "I'm the Boss .... there is only going to be one Boss at Villa and that's me .... when I say do this or do that, it's not a request it's an order. If you argue with me, ignore me or disobey me you will be in serious trouble." He has to have the players total respect from day one.

A young relatively inexperienced manager like Gary Monk would not be able to do that. He would have to earn the respect of a bunch of lazy malcontents, and that isn't going to happen.
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie on Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:45 pm

Very true. Monk's previous experience in management was at Swansea, a club he had been a senior pro at for some time. He could walk in that dressing room and command respect from the players. They knew him and what he was about.
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Sat Apr 02, 2016 11:52 am

The media are still pushing Pearson as the main man which concerns me. They don't seem to remember his exceptionally weird behaviour in his last job. That alone should disqualify him from the Villa job. I guess the media are praying that Pearson gets the job, because they need the column inches that a nutter like Nigel will produce.

I don't think our new board will take a risk on him .... at least I sincerely hope not.
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie on Sat Apr 02, 2016 12:18 pm

I suspect the board will be looking at a number of options probably including Pearson. There will be no Fox-style shortlist of one. Just because Pearson is on the shortlist doesn't mean he will get it and no doubt the new board know things well enough to share similar reservations about him.
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Sat Apr 02, 2016 3:05 pm

It goes against what I've been saying but maybe we can risk giving Pearson a 24 hour contract for Monday, and let him loose on these clueless buggers at Body Moor Heath for just one day? affraid
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie on Sat Apr 02, 2016 4:14 pm

Someone needs to give this prideless, unprofessional rabble one hell of a hairdryer treatment. I'd want some of them to come out in tears.
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Sat Apr 02, 2016 5:01 pm

I think Bernstein and co may have learnt a vital lesson today, if they weren't already totally convinced.

They have to appoint the very best management team available. It has to be a financially costed and fully backed appointment. This team is not going to be turned around by a loudmouth or a chancer, it's gone too far downhill for that. We need a long term strategy with a short term kick up the arse.

David Moyes and Steve Round must be convinced by our board that they will be fully backed to achieve what currently looks like an impossible task.
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie on Sat Apr 02, 2016 6:35 pm

Spot on. This club needs a lot of work to rebuild it from a heavy revamp of the playing staff right up to the creation of an entirely different mentality. There cannot be any half measures here.

I do wonder if we will appoint a manager but not put him in place until the end of the season? Would a new man want to be associated with this group of losers? He could play a watching brief and get the low down on performances and professionalism from Garde and Black.
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Sat Apr 02, 2016 6:57 pm

Sandie wrote:Spot on. This club needs a lot of work to rebuild it from a heavy revamp of the playing staff right up to the creation of an entirely different mentality. There cannot be any half measures here.

I do wonder if we will appoint a manager but not put him in place until the end of the season? Would a new man want to be associated with this group of losers? He could play a watching brief and get the low down on performances and professionalism from Garde and Black.
That would appear to be the best policy. If we can appoint a new "quality" manager in the next few days then a watching brief, while enquiring into and absorbing the whole current ethos of a dissolute Villa set up, and then having positive discussions with Bernstein and co about the strategy for moving forward. It could be very good, but only if we make the right appointment.
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie on Sun Apr 03, 2016 12:20 am

Sandie
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:43 pm

Bruce is a good Championship manager, but polls suggest that approximately 40% of Villa fans are against the appointment. Our hardcore fans will give him grief at the slightest opportunity because of his Blues connection. The board have to appoint a manager who will be supported by everyone.
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie on Sun Apr 03, 2016 6:16 pm

I like Bruce and think he'd be a good choice in trying to return the club to the top flight but with this disconnect between fans and club and the toxicity that exists now it would be a mistake to appoint him.
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: