Who's next?

Page 1 of 16 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Who's next?

Post by Sandie on Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:25 pm

With the axe having fallen on Remi Garde this evening, who do you want next?

As things stand, I can't look past David Moyes. He's the man we should have brought in back in November and he stands out amongst other likely contenders like Bruce, Pearson and so on. Any other interesting names?
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Location : Looking forward to a local derby against Burton Albion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Who's next?

Post by villabromsgrove on Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:04 pm

It must not be Pearson. The next manager has to command respect both at the club and in the media. Nigel Pearson would be a ticking time bomb. Rodgers is a good coach but may lack the iron fist that our current players need. Bruce may well fancy the job, but his "Blues" baggage will cause unrest among a lot of our fans, and that would be like managing with a handicap. Eddie Howe will not be interested, and the same probably goes for Sean Dyche, all though I'm less sure about that with him than Howe. McLaren is a pussycat and unsuited to the rigours of the task ahead, and that leaves the usual journeymen has beens who pop up as pundits all the time.

It all points to David Moyes for me, because of his gravitas, experience, personality, iron fist and availability.
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie on Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:05 am

Agreed. If Moyes is interested the club should be speaking to him already.
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:09 pm

It's an interesting conundrum. If Villa wait until the end of the season in order to speak to managers currently at a club like Dyche and Bruce for example, there is a good chance that some other club will step in and sign the currently available Moyes.

I agree with you Sandie, if Moyes is seriously interested in the Villa job we have to do whatever it takes to sign him now.
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Harte on Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:12 pm

I'd go with that too.

Chris Harte
Private
Private

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie on Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:25 pm

Aye. At the end of the season other clubs will be losing managers. And whilst that gives us more options it also gives Moyes more options. And better options than a championship-bound omnishambles.
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:44 pm

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/03/30/jermaine-jenas-tips-kevin-macdonald-for-aston-villa-job/?

In the midst of even the darkest times it's occasionally possible to have a good laugh. This is my moment!

Jenas get's it totally wrong as usual.
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim Villan on Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:59 pm

Hi Everybody, apologies I've disappeared from the forum over the last 4 months. I have found this season too much of a bitter pill to swallow. I have followed the games but I have became detached purely because I have a young family and haven't been prepared to jeopardise their weekend happiness, due to the constant misery inflicted by our clubs miserable performances and the lack of care, passion and leadership that has underpinned those performances. That is until now, the last couple of weeks has given me hope. I had resigned myself to the fact that Villa were a rudderless ship hurtling towards the championship with the very likelihood that things could get worse for us in seasons to come. However with the creation of a football board and back room additions such as Mervyn king, Berstein, Little and Bevington and the sacking of Garde, maybe just maybe Aston Villa can look forward to better times ahead. I like most have accepted our impending relegation from the premier league, and as difficult as it will be to get back up at the first time of asking at least we will give ourself a chance with proper planning and having the correct people in place to formulate that plan. The most important decision that this board will make will be choosing our next manager. There is only one outstanding candidate for me and that's David Moyes. Out of all the managers link Moyes is the only manager that has enjoyed sustained managerial success, something which is too often over viewed due to the fickle nature of football and opinions. Had we have got Moyes back in November we would not be getting relegated in my opinion. Moyes reputation has somewhat taken a battering unfairly due to him taking on the impossible job of replacing Ferguson at united and him chancing his arm in the Spanish league with a team that weren't really geared up to be successful. However what is unquestionable is the tremendous job he did at Everton, year on year building and recruiting sensibly, he also showed his lower league credentials with his spell at Preston where his brand of football was exciting and successful with league 1 promotion and getting to the championship play off's the following year with effectively what was a league 1 squad. If he genuinely interested GET HIM NOW and give him the final say on transfers as he has proved he recruits well. We need to get him in now so he can properly access the strengths and weaknesses of the squad, I believe this will be the difference in us bouncing straight back up next year or not, if we leave it to the summer to appoint the manager, he won't have the time to access the squad and therefore we won't be able to build the squad we need to get it right at the first time of asking in the championship. David Moyes will be a real coup, lets all cross our fingers as this potential appointment could draw the line in the sand and get us going as a club again.
Jim Villan
Private
Private

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:04 pm

Welcome back Jim. What a good post .... spot on, and says everything that needs to be said in my opinion.
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie on Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:46 pm

Spot on Jim. Like you, I too am feeling a bit more hopeful with the new people that have come in. The only fly in the ointment being that we still have to complete this season. I'm already looking forward to next season and if we get Moyes in that hope will only increase.

Is there anyone here who doesn't want Moyes? Anyone who would prefer someone else?
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie on Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:11 pm

Sandie
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:00 pm

Gary Neville has an enormous amount of football knowledge between his ears, but he hasn't got management experience. We've found out to our cost that this is crucial. We must have a manager who has seen every situation and knows instinctively how to deal with any problem that arises.

I really hope it's the team of David Moyes and Steve Round.
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:20 pm

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/03/30/former-ballon-dor-winner-admits-he-would-consider-managing-aston/?

Ruud Gullit would like to manage us. Can you imagine Ruud trying to decipher the Championship. He finds it difficult enough to get his ideas across as a pundit, let alone as a manager.

Thanks Ruud, but no thanks. Very Happy
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Harte on Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:23 pm

Nope to Neville and Ruud.

Chris Harte
Private
Private

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:41 pm

I think I read that there's a board meeting today to discuss the new manager appointment. Let's hope they have full autonomy to appoint the best candidate.
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 16 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum