The true cost of relegation.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The true cost of relegation.

Post by Obnoxious Lion on Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:22 am

Can across this great article and thought it was worth a topic of it's own.

http://swissramble.blogspot.co.uk/2016/03/aston-villa-this-house-is-circus.html#comment-form
Obnoxious Lion
Private
Private

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The true cost of relegation.

Post by villabromsgrove on Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:59 pm

The Swiss Rambler has done it again. What an excellent and easy to follow article. Thanks for sharing "Lion".

I need a strong coffee and a lie down after reading through that!
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie on Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:03 pm

Thanks for sharing that article, it's a good, if sobering and worrying, read that is really informative and shattered a few misconceptions I had. For example, I thought that almost all PL clubs would be running to a loss but most don't. It's utterly baffling how badly ran we have been on and off the pitch and the impact that that has had upon our balance sheet. How did it get to the point that:

The latest figures are simply awful: the largest loss in the Premier League, a decline in revenue, a wage bill that’s out of control, falling attendances, smallest cash balance in top flight, the list goes on and on

And how is that going to return to sanity with a sixty-odd million reduction in revenue in the Championship? I don't think anyone who has been involved under Lerner (up til now with Hollis, King and Bernstein) have had the business acumen to solve the problems. Under Fox the answer seemed to be employ more people (new people in the commercial department, new highly paid executives like Almstadt and Wijeratna) but they've not done what's required.
Sandie

Location : Looking forward to a local derby against Burton Albion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:30 pm

The balance sheet of a Premier League club is only ever going to be improved on the field of play. Lerner/Fox never understood that it's the quality of the team that dictates income.
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum