Greatest Aston Villa XI?

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Greatest Aston Villa XI?

Post by GadgetMan on Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:30 pm

You can pick any players, from any generation, what is YOUR greatest Villa XI?
avatar
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Posts : 1849
Join date : 2015-08-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Greatest Aston Villa XI?

Post by stevieg179avfc on Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:24 pm

Always a very tough subject....
Spink
Laursen Mellberg McGrath Staunton

Daley Platt Cowans Taylor

Angel Yorke
avatar
stevieg179avfc
Private
Private

Posts : 14
Join date : 2015-08-21
Age : 43
Location : Solihull

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Greatest Aston Villa XI?

Post by GadgetMan on Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:03 pm

stevieg179avfc wrote:Always a very tough subject....
                               Spink
      Laursen    Mellberg   McGrath    Staunton

           Daley   Platt      Cowans   Taylor  

                         Angel   Yorke
 

Always subjective depending on age and when you most went to VP etc! So for me as a just gone 40 year old and my prime years as a STHolder been regularly in the 80/90s this would be mine.

Bozzie

Mellberg Laursen McGrath Staunton

Taylor Platt Cowans Young

Yorke Saunders

That's mine....
avatar
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Posts : 1849
Join date : 2015-08-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Greatest Aston Villa XI?

Post by AndyD on Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:15 pm

I did this on a previous forum under the greatest Villa XI in the prem era. Did a vote etc and got a very good response etc.

From my era I would go with:

Bos
Delaney Laursen God Bouma
Milner Taylor Barry Young
Yorke Angel

AndyD
Private
Private

Posts : 4
Join date : 2015-08-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Greatest Aston Villa XI?

Post by GadgetMan on Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:22 pm

AndyD wrote:I did this on a previous forum under the greatest Villa XI in the prem era. Did a vote etc and got a very good response etc.

From my era I would go with:

Bos
Delaney Laursen God Bouma
Milner Taylor Barry Young
Yorke Angel

Jeez, I totally forgot about Delaney, I feel bad as I loved him, a really great defender.
avatar
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Posts : 1849
Join date : 2015-08-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Greatest Aston Villa XI?

Post by gaffer85 on Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:48 pm

During my era for me it has to be
Bosnich
Delaney laursen god wright
Taylor Townsend Milner/Barry
Merson
Yorker benteke

Couldn't choose between Barry or Milner
avatar
gaffer85
Private
Private

Posts : 4
Join date : 2015-08-21
Age : 32

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Greatest Aston Villa XI?

Post by Kimbo on Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:14 pm

Tell you something, if we can keep hold of him for a couple of years and he stays fit, I can see Jordan Amavi becoming everyone's left back in these things!

That said, I have no left-back as such...



But you know what, I could easily change my mind if you asked me again tomorrow Very Happy
avatar
Kimbo
Private
Private

Posts : 72
Join date : 2015-08-17
Age : 36
Location : Where everybody knows my name

View user profile http://www.basementnoise.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Greatest Aston Villa XI?

Post by stevieg179avfc on Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:24 pm

GadgetMan wrote:
stevieg179avfc wrote:Always a very tough subject....
                               Spink
      Laursen    Mellberg   McGrath    Staunton

           Daley   Platt      Cowans   Taylor  

                         Angel   Yorke
 

Always subjective depending on age and when you most went to VP etc! So for me as a just gone 40 year old and my prime years as a STHolder been regularly in the 80/90s this would be mine.

Bozzie

Mellberg Laursen McGrath Staunton

Taylor Platt Cowans Young

Yorke Saunders

That's mine....


Ooh same age as me..... wonder if our paths have ever crossed??
avatar
stevieg179avfc
Private
Private

Posts : 14
Join date : 2015-08-21
Age : 43
Location : Solihull

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Greatest Aston Villa XI?

Post by gaffer85 on Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:17 am

I was thinking there should be worst 11 aswell so here is mine
Enckleman
Nelson Davies knight Luna
Salifou djemba djemba Curcic berson agathe
Balaban
tongue
avatar
gaffer85
Private
Private

Posts : 4
Join date : 2015-08-21
Age : 32

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Greatest Aston Villa XI?

Post by danclare82 on Sat Aug 22, 2015 11:11 am

Tough one this. I'm basing mine on what i've seen in my lifetime and will prob be edited a few times..
                                    Bosnich

       Mellberg        Laursen       Mcgrath       Staunton

                  Milner            Barry         Taylor

                                     Merson
                     
                          Yorke            Benteke
avatar
danclare82
Private
Private

Posts : 52
Join date : 2015-08-21
Age : 35
Location : Bolton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Greatest Aston Villa XI?

Post by Knighty5 on Sat Aug 22, 2015 5:30 pm

Based on players I've seen in my lifetime.
Bossie
Staunton,Southgate, McGrath, Wright
Platt, Young, Barry, Taylor
Yorke, Carew


Knighty5
Private
Private

Posts : 11
Join date : 2015-08-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Greatest Aston Villa XI?

Post by stevieg179avfc on Sat Aug 22, 2015 6:36 pm

gaffer85 wrote:I was thinking there should be worst 11 aswell so here is mine
Enckleman
Nelson Davies knight Luna
Salifou djemba djemba Curcic berson agathe
Balaban
tongue

id throw in sutton...bernie gallagher ....savo and senderos
avatar
stevieg179avfc
Private
Private

Posts : 14
Join date : 2015-08-21
Age : 43
Location : Solihull

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Greatest Aston Villa XI?

Post by Knighty5 on Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:02 pm

Savo was great, definite Marmite though, personally I was a huge fan, sky did Yorke's 101 goals, Savo assists was massive. Cup final goal also, awesome.

Knighty5
Private
Private

Posts : 11
Join date : 2015-08-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Greatest Aston Villa XI?

Post by Kimbo on Sun Aug 23, 2015 3:33 pm

stevieg179avfc wrote:
gaffer85 wrote:I was thinking there should be worst 11 aswell so here is mine
Enckleman
Nelson Davies knight Luna
Salifou djemba djemba Curcic berson agathe
Balaban
tongue

     id throw in sutton...bernie gallagher ....savo and senderos

Savo?! Good grief.

Sutton is also an odd suggestion IMO, he did okay given he was 37, if nothing else there was a notable difference in how much better he was at holding the ball up than any other striker we had at the time, even Angel.
avatar
Kimbo
Private
Private

Posts : 72
Join date : 2015-08-17
Age : 36
Location : Where everybody knows my name

View user profile http://www.basementnoise.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Greatest Aston Villa XI?

Post by Andyvilla80 on Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:39 pm

I prefer to name my best XI from the years I have been watching Villa, going back to 1988.
Spink
Delaney
Staunton
McGrath
Laursen
Taylor
Platt
Barry
Angel
Yorke
Merson

Probably not dissimilar to others really.
avatar
Andyvilla80
Private
Private

Posts : 12
Join date : 2015-08-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Greatest Aston Villa XI?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum